Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Dudek - untimely comments

Read 3218 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Dudek - untimely comments
      Apr 24, 2007 08:32:13 pm
      Just before the Champions League game Jerzy's claimed he is a slave at Anfield

"I have to finally tell Rafa I'm leaving because maybe he's not aware of it.

"I will remember Liverpool fondly as a success but not the situation I've found myself in.

"When a player knows he is a slave, he'll never give his employer his heart."

What a joker.  How much money is he on??

Benitez responded with:

"We are talking about his future and maybe he will leave but he is perfectly prepared mentally to be in the squad at Chelsea."

He may well be gutted about being second choice but he had an opportunity to leave but didn't go.  And he never knows what may happen in the next few weeks.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Dudek - untimely comments
      Reply #1: Apr 24, 2007 09:10:44 pm
      Dudek's on his way to Wolfsberg then....nice way to show solidarity before the big game
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #2: May 06, 2007 11:00:09 pm
      Article from Sky Sports today - insisting he couldn't play for another English club (not that anyone would probably take him)  ::)

Dudek rules out English stay

By Peter ORourke

Wantaway Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek has ruled out staying in England should he leave Anfield.

Dudek is keen to leave Liverpool in the summer after turning down the chance to sign a new deal.

The Polish international's current contract expires in the summer and he plans to move on after growing increasingly frustrated at his lack of first team chances.

A number of clubs are thought to be tracking Dudek, but the 2005 UEFA Champions League hero says he could not imagine himself staying in England as he would not like to play against Liverpool.

"I am out of contract and I need to play football," Dudek told Daily Star Sunday.

"I feel hungry to play but it would be impossible for me to stay in England and play for someone else.

"It will be a step down for me.

"I can't imagine walking into Anfield on match day , seeing the Kop and then hoping to see Liverpool lose."
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #3: May 07, 2007 02:01:50 am
      From Hero to Zero, he burnt out and faded away...

Shame really after his heroics in Istanbul but I can sympathize with him when he wants 1st team football. I understand football, especially at the dizzy heights Liverpool play at, is now more of a squad game than it's ever been. Long gone are the days where you would pick your strongest starting 11 and stick with it for as long as possible. Situations arise where bench warmers become restless and crave a piece of the action and who can blame them?
      Dudeks' performances against Arsenal this season where terrible. While not all his fault 9 goals in 2 games went sailing past him and that seemed to galvanise his fate. He was demoted from top stopper to cup keeper when Pepe arrived. As a keeper you are pretty much guaranteed a starting 11 place when you don't have reliable competition to keep you on your toes (as in Pepes' case) and Dudek has now drawn his own conclusions. He has therefore admitted his desire to play elsewhere, not by choice necessarily but because the writing is on the wall. The timing and manner in which he made his statement shows a lack of disrespect to his employers but he openly admitted anything but playing for Liverpool is a step in the wrong direction... Catch 22... Should he stay or should he go... Scott Carson is waiting in the wings...
      Thanks for that special, special night in Istanbul Jerzey, you did us proud!
      Sorry it had to end this way, best wishes fella.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: May 07, 2007 09:57:35 am
      ^^ Aw lush pictures!!

I suppose him moving abroad is better than him moving to say .. Blackburn (1st team I thought of) then trying to stop our goals.

Thank you, and good luck Jerzy!!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #5: May 07, 2007 10:57:21 am
      First thing I see this morning when I check out LFC.TV

DUDEK: I HAVE 40,000 GOODBYES TO SAY - Jimmy Rice 07 May 2007

When Liverpool walk back into the dressing room after the final home game of the season on Saturday, a lone figure will remain standing on Anfield's hallowed turf.
      For the match is not only the fans' opportunity to wave goodbye to our Athens-bound heroes, it's also their last chance to bid farewell to an Anfield legend.

It is with a heavy heart that Jerzy Dudek will leave the club in the summer, and the Pole has a little bit of unfinished business before he departs.

"I have 40,000 thank-yous to say, so it will take me a while," the 34-year-old told LFC Magazine.

"It would be nice to play in the last game against Charlton. I would get to walk around the pitch and take it all in. I could hear the fans singing again. I don't know if it will be possible, it's up to the manager when he picks the team.

"I just want to say goodbye. If it is not possible then I will be the last person left on the pitch after the Charlton game."

Dudek's decision to leave is a result not of any personal differences, nor any ill-feeling towards the club.

In fact, he insists he would have been happy to remain at Melwood for the rest of his career had he been selected to represent Poland in last year's World Cup.

He explains: "I was watching TV at home, just with Sky Sports News on in the background while I was doing some things and waiting for something else to come on – as you do.

"I actually saw a breaking news story come along the bottom of the screen: Jerzy Dudek is not going to the World Cup. I froze.

"At first I thought it was a joke from the Polish manager, but then I saw that our star striker was not going, and two other senior players were already out. It wasn't a joke.

"Something changed in me after that snub. From being happy to play here and press Pepe, I knew I had to go somewhere to play every week."

It is a sign of Dudek's loyalty to the club that he postponed his decision to leave at the request of Rafa Benitez.

"The needs of the team were more important to me than my own needs. Scott Carson was going to Charlton and the manager could not get any cover, so I stayed.

"Now I am going this summer. I am out of contract and I need to play football. I am still hungry to play and put the disappointment of the World Cup behind me.

"I know I will not move somewhere and find a nicer club than Liverpool. I love this city and love this club. If I had gone to the World Cup then I would have stayed here forever. I told Rafa that too. I would have done everything I wanted to do in my career.

"I will not play with better players or make more friends than I have here. Wherever I go from here will be a definite step down in my career."

So, what's next for one of our heroes of 2005? Well, one thing's for sure: he won't ever be coming back to Anfield as an opposition keeper.

He said: "I just can't imagine walking into Anfield on matchday, walking out of the tunnel and going down to the Kop end – and then hoping to see Liverpool lose.

"This club has been my life for five years. I have become much more than an employee – I am a fan.

"I don't know how I will feel when I walk out of this place for the last time, but I imagine it will be very emotional and I can see tears in my eyes. I am not looking forward to it at all."

Personally I am very sad for the Jerzey, lets hope RAFA lets him play one last time at Anfield,
      I think it would be a worthy send off for him.

Here is a great video montage on JERZEY DUDEK

LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #6: May 07, 2007 11:25:02 am
      Just before the Champions League game Jerzy's claimed he is a slave at Anfield

"I have to finally tell Rafa I'm leaving because maybe he's not aware of it.

"I will remember Liverpool fondly as a success but not the situation I've found myself in.

"When a player knows he is a slave, he'll never give his employer his heart."

What a joker.  How much money is he on??

Benitez responded with:

"We are talking about his future and maybe he will leave but he is perfectly prepared mentally to be in the squad at Chelsea."

He may well be gutted about being second choice but he had an opportunity to leave but didn't go.  And he never knows what may happen in the next few weeks.

I am not to sure where you have got this from as Lfc website has already posted a completely different story with Dudek not wanting to leave but he wants to play for his country

I think your story maybe exaggerated by the pappers
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #7: May 07, 2007 05:22:14 pm
      The fact is he has been poor this season...very poor. 2005 was an amazing individual achievement and him staying on at the club is highly commendable and shows team spirit...but what he said was stupid...we need to move on and he should have gone earlier....he hasn't been reliable at all....Carson and Padelli are the future....if they can get past the excellent pepe....always used to feel jealous of the Chavs for having Cech...he is fantastic but we have a big game goalie of our own.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #8: May 07, 2007 05:26:10 pm
      Cech...he is fantastic but we have a big game goalie of our own.

Hit the nail on the head mate, no doubt about it!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: May 07, 2007 06:06:14 pm
      Will be sad to see him go, but nice that he still has a place for LFC in his heart :)
      Great video that. Made me laugh to see them bombing down the pitch after he saved Shevva's pen :D
      gibbo6 times
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #10: May 07, 2007 11:28:25 pm
      he was fantastic in last cl final,but, he was never a world class keeper had his good days, but never felt fully confident with him in goal, ok pepe has had a couple of games when confidence is low and made a howler against everton, but he has bounced back to prove how good he is, jerzy conceided 9 goals in 2 games against arsenal, that is poor keeping you would at least thought the second game he might of been out to prove a point, but, no he was poor, then you think we have scott carson on loan at relegated charlton who got voted their player of the season. will he come back and be satisfied at being sat on bench because he is a quality young ENGLISH keeper.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #11: May 07, 2007 11:40:57 pm
      Dudek was a great shot stopper but you would always cringe every time a ball went in the box the defence must have thought Calamity James had come back in another form :o :o full  respect to to Jerzy though he played a blinder in the Champs final and he will always be remembered fondly by all us reds.
      Good luck in the fututre Jerzy   YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      gibbo6 times
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #12: May 07, 2007 11:43:34 pm
      totally agree redlance
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: May 08, 2007 10:01:41 am
      jerzy conceided 9 goals in 2 games against arsenal, that is poor keeping you would at least thought the second game he might of been out to prove a point
      I thought Rafa would have had some sense and played Reina in the 2nd game!!
      gibbo6 times
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #14: May 08, 2007 02:34:55 pm
      rafa promised jerzy that he would play in domestic cup games at the start of the season.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: May 08, 2007 05:31:21 pm

Really hope Rafa let him play sunday against Charlton. That would only be proper I think. We already got the top 4, so theres "nothing" to lose (sorry, Jerzy!)

Good luck, Jerzy Dudek, wish you the best. Youre forever a hero of mine.
      ringhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #16: May 08, 2007 05:35:09 pm
      Ony reason why he was great in last CL final was because he played that 'goofy' dance.

What if Sheva show his a** before kicking? Would he still stop the shot?

Let's tell us the truth, what he did was pretty unfair!

Admitted (?), yes, but unfair. That's it! :-*
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #17: May 08, 2007 06:04:39 pm
      ringhio, all fair in love and war my friend. Liverpool being denied a clear cut penalty then Milan going straight up the other end and scoring the second, that was unfair. Gattuso fouling Gerrard inside the box and not being sent off although he stopped a clear goal scoring chance, that was unfair. We should have had a penalty to score to make it 3-3 and then the rest of the European Cup final to play against 10 men! But alls well that ends well. now tell me do I smell a Fox?
      ringhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #18: May 08, 2007 08:12:27 pm
      ringhio, all fair in love and war my friend. Liverpool being denied a clear cut penalty then Milan going straight up the other end and scoring the second, that was unfair. Gattuso fouling Gerrard inside the box and not being sent off although he stopped a clear goal scoring chance, that was unfair. We should have had a penalty to score to make it 3-3 and then the rest of the European Cup final to play against 10 men! But alls well that ends well. now tell me do I smell a Fox?

dear Crazy Horse,

what you're talking about is understandable. But all matches are full of this kind of events, which can bring advantage to one or the other, rarely decide who wins and who loses, unless there is a blind pool of referees inside and outside the field... don't think that what you mentioned did decide the game.

BTW, during the pen shots, what made the difference was Dudek's trick... this is what I mean and you know I'm right.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #19: May 08, 2007 10:31:15 pm
      Some of the critism of Dudek has been a bit unfair,he was our hero in istanbul lay off him.Im not saying he was the best keeper in the world but i hope rafa plays him against chrlton to let him bow out in front of the kop.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #20: May 09, 2007 10:39:22 am
      [quote author=ringhio link=topic=2366.msg31179#msg31179 date=1178651547

BTW, during the pen shots, what made the difference was Dudek's trick... this is what I mean and you know I'm right.
      [/quote]

Dudeks trick? The Lad did nothing ileagal. He just walked up to the Milan penalty takers stirred them out and then danced on his line (you can do that!). I doubt your a Milan fan but someone on a wind up. Milan bottled it and thats why the lost -Fact! You know I'm right 8)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #21: May 09, 2007 11:32:56 am
      Yeah it wasn't a "trick". Blydi funny to watch though ;D

Can't remember what game I was watching and Reina was saving pens (not Chelsea) and they were commenting that he steps off his line a little bit early, and watching one of Dudek's pens (I think the Shevva one actually) he stepped forward a bit before the ball was kicked.. Hmm.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #22: May 09, 2007 06:21:15 pm
      Some more good words from Jerzy both on Rafa and the fella who nicked his job Jose Reina...

He’s had his ups and his downs under Rafa Benitez’ managerial reign - but Jerzy Dudek who approaches his final Liverpool game insists that Benitez will deliver the title to Anfield.

“We are all happy with the way we have played in the Premiership in the second half of the season and I feel we are not too far away from winning it,” Jerzy said in an interview with the official LFC Magazine.

“Rafa knows what he has to do to take the club across the finishing line. If he is able to bring in quality players in the summer in one or two key positions, then we will be very close next season.

“If it doesn’t happen next year, then the Premiership will be at Liverpool soon.”

The 34 year old has not taken his decision to leave Liverpool lightly.

“It makes me a little sad that I won’t be here on the pitch to enjoy a title success but I will be watching from wherever I am. I will be as happy as any supporter from the Kop,” he said.

Dudek also had some fine words to say about the man who effectively took his job off him.

He said: “Everything Pepe Reina does he does well. He does things in a way that gives confidence to the rest of the team.

“He will come for crosses all the time in certain areas, which takes the pressure off the defence, and his distribution of the ball is better than some midfielders. He can launch the quickest counter-attacks in the Premiership.

“Since he has come here we have always done well – and the two things are not a coincidence.”

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/05/09/dudek-backs-rafa-for-title-success/
      sk
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #23: May 10, 2007 09:58:02 pm
      dudek is a lpool legend. other goalkeepers in the pship are copying his istanbul dance. anyone catch van der sarr of the urinals put off vassell with his attempt of the jerzy jive.

Quick Reply