Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Alberto Aquilani takes step towards Liverpool debut: Liverpool FC latest

Read 3623 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani takes step towards Liverpool debut: Liverpool FC latest
      Reply #23: Oct 15, 2009 01:59:45 pm
      can't wait to see him in action...
      hopefully,..he will start in sunderland match.....

Re-read the piece in the first post, he's only just started kicking a ball for the first time in six months, he won't even be on the bench for Sunderland!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #24: Oct 15, 2009 03:32:04 pm
      All good things come to those who wait,we have waited long enough.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #25: Oct 15, 2009 03:59:27 pm
      Can't wait to see the Aquilani in the Liverpool red. It's been a long wait, but i'd much rather delay his debut if it means he can stay injury free. Know i'm being optimistic here, but i hope he comes on for the last twenty minutes against the scum and smashes in a thirty yard piledriver! Our midfield is missing that combustion this season, Aquilani is the spark plug.
      lfc232005
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 15, 2009 06:09:38 pm
      It would be awesome for him to score the winner against the scum, but I think Arsenal game seems realistic.  Cant wait to see him in action!
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #27: Oct 15, 2009 06:15:56 pm
      I would love it if he came off the bench against Man United and scored the winner in front of the kop
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #28: Oct 15, 2009 07:30:39 pm
      A lot of expectation in this thread, which is understandable.

Still, I'd settle for him coming on, putting in a decent shift, and not hurting himself again.

That being said, I'm hoping he'll bring a bit of calm to our midfield. It'll be nice to see someone who looks comfortable and assured on the ball, which doesn't often seem the case with Lucas and Masch. They bring different qualities, but I have missed someone putting their foot on the ball and picking out the right pass consistently.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,270 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29: Oct 15, 2009 07:54:50 pm
      This a Manc in hiding ?I think I'd prefer to own up to been a manc than face those two ! :f_tongueincheek:

all we can do regarding Aquilani is wait and see, we've signed numpties before theres no need to condem the man before he's had the chance to defend himself on the pitch  !
      I'm not saying anything negative about Aquilani quite the reverse I hope he has great success here just I fear it may be too late for this season. We play Sunderland on Saturday with most of our players having played 2 games, were most of Sunderlands players will have been rested. This is followed by a home game in the Champions league against Lyon this wont be easy, followed by a game ageist Man U in which only victory will do. Then followed by Arsenal away all this with the unrest of mash and theteam not playing well I don't thin I am being pessimistic  just realistic Now acording to the BBC Gerrards injury is worse than feared, I hope I am wrong but timewill see
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #30: Oct 15, 2009 10:30:11 pm
      AQUILANI IN TRAINING: PICTURE SPECIAL
      Rafael Benitez was handed a fitness boost earlier today when Alberto Aquilani joined in training with his teammates for the first time. The Italian international has been continuing his rehabilitation from injury since signing for the Reds in the summer but as these exclusive pictures from Melwood show, our new midfielder is now well on the road to recovery.
      Liverpoolfc.tv
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #31: Oct 15, 2009 10:43:04 pm
      i'm sure he will be brought in nice and easy.  reading various forums there is a lot of expectation riding on him.  its will probably take him till well after Xmas to get really sharp as well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Aqualani latest
      Reply #32: Oct 17, 2009 07:10:45 pm
      Does anyone know when Aqualani is likely to be making his long awaited debut for the Reds
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,270 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #33: Oct 17, 2009 08:41:24 pm
      Let's hope it's soon we are desperate
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #34: Oct 17, 2009 09:56:58 pm
      If ever we needed a creative talented midfield player its now.

Quick Reply