Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Sky+ boxes

Read 3274 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Sky+ boxes
      Jul 16, 2008 10:01:03 pm
      Anyone know where to get a Sky+ box for less than £150?

I assume a lot of people have Sky+ these days. Happy with it? Or is there better things out there like that euro vox thingy?

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Sky+ boxes
      Reply #1: Jul 16, 2008 10:27:19 pm
      got one when my ordinary box packed up, Sky wanted £80 to fix my 10 year old box or £75 for Sky+, would be lost without it now. not sure if it was that cheap because I have all the channels.

I think if you upgrade online you get £15 credit, or you could phone up and ask if they will offer you one cheap to keep your custom
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jul 16, 2008 10:50:58 pm
      Yeah, I was thinking about ringing them up after having a snoot about to see if I could get one cheaper than what they offer on their website mate.

How long ago was it that you upgraded your box?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Jul 17, 2008 12:27:25 am
      I've got it at home.  It doesn't live up to it's expectations though.

It's great for recording sometimes.  But it can also choose not to record and give you the excuse of 'loss of signal'. 

I found that a lot with the Liverpool games I used to record while I was at the match.  It would just cut off from the 35th min, to someway in to the second half.

Let me get to the live pause and rewind back.  It's great don't get me wrong.  But sometimes it can crash the whole system, and then you have to turn your plugs off and back on and wait a minute or two for it to fire back up.  It's a real pain in the arse when it starts messing around like that.

It doesn't do what it says on the tin, it's unreliable.  And I pretty much think we'd be on Virgin Media if they had channels that broadcasted the Premiership games like Sky Sports does.

I see all these new Sky+ adverts with the celebrities like Ross Kemp, throwing in the good words in front of the camera, makes you wonder.  How much did they slip in his pocket for that?  A lot more people must be sussing Sky out now. 

Rightly so.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Jul 17, 2008 12:41:56 am
      Cheers Court.

And where's that fence gone sir? It was as though you were practically bashing a Sky+ box over the head of Ross Kemp there mate!  ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jul 17, 2008 12:59:22 am
      Cheers Court.

And where's that fence gone sir? It was as though you were practically bashing a Sky+ box over the head of Ross Kemp there mate!  ;)

The fence is still standing!

Well he was basically asking for it, it was only a matter of time.  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Jul 17, 2008 01:02:53 am
      The fence is still standing!

Well he was basically asking for it, it was only a matter of time.  ;)

:D :D :D Agreed!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Jul 17, 2008 02:06:54 am
      I have Sky+ and have'nt had any problems recording things and the signal has been fine.

maybe its just yours Court :D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #8: Jul 17, 2008 08:21:14 am
      I upgraded a couple of months back.
      I emailed Sky and told them I wanted to cancel my subscription (to see if they would offer me anything),
      They rang within a couple of days with the offer of Sky + for £49.

New dish, wiring and obviously box all for the one off payment of £49.

Very pleased with it, and so easy to use.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Jul 17, 2008 08:30:05 am
      Sounds like Foxtel HD that we have here. Most of it is marketting crap but heard good things about them if it helps.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Jul 17, 2008 08:37:44 am
      How long ago was it that you upgraded your box?

Bloody hell Kenny cant remember what I had for my Tea last night, must of been 6 months ago, never had any problems with the box not recording.

I emailed Sky and told them I wanted to cancel my subscription (to see if they would offer me anything),

Bargin
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #11: Jul 18, 2008 12:16:05 pm

Same here.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Jul 18, 2008 06:56:27 pm
      Thanks for the advice lads.

That sounds like a cunning plan. Cheers mate.

By the way Venison, that's a cracking memory you have there mate. Far better than mine!  ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #13: Jul 18, 2008 09:04:17 pm
      I've got it at home.  It doesn't live up to it's expectations though.

It's great for recording sometimes.  But it can also choose not to record and give you the excuse of 'loss of signal'. 

I found that a lot with the Liverpool games I used to record while I was at the match.  It would just cut off from the 35th min, to someway in to the second half.

Let me get to the live pause and rewind back.  It's great don't get me wrong.  But sometimes it can crash the whole system, and then you have to turn your plugs off and back on and wait a minute or two for it to fire back up.  It's a real pain in the arse when it starts messing around like that.

It doesn't do what it says on the tin, it's unreliable.  And I pretty much think we'd be on Virgin Media if they had channels that broadcasted the Premiership games like Sky Sports does.

I see all these new Sky+ adverts with the celebrities like Ross Kemp, throwing in the good words in front of the camera, makes you wonder.  How much did they slip in his pocket for that?  A lot more people must be sussing Sky out now. 

Rightly so.

Court, I've got Virgin Media and I have got all the Sky Sports, so get all the Prem games, I've also got Setanta which is free, so get their games as well and the LFC Channel, bloody hell, no wonder I never go out !!   :D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #14: Jul 19, 2008 12:34:42 am
      Court, I've got Virgin Media and I have got all the Sky Sports, so get all the Prem games, I've also got Setanta which is free, so get their games as well and the LFC Channel, bloody hell, no wonder I never go out !!   :D

Sorted save your money Kenny, spend it on Stella and move in with Smiggs the perfect women loves stella, LFC and has all the sport channels
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #15: Feb 11, 2010 05:14:54 pm
      I have a pace sky digibox (not a sky+ box) belonging to the people who's apartment I rent here in Spain we lost Channel five last year but I now need it in order to see the Reds in the Europa League.
      Can anyone help me retune it please (I'm a complete technophobe), I have skype and would be prepared to call you in order for you to talk me through the precedure.
      thanks, Frizzby
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2010 11:21:53 pm by frizzby5 »

Quick Reply