Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

I'm not satisfied about ....

Read 1699 times
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      I'm not satisfied about ....
      Apr 26, 2007 09:19:48 am
      Bad match if you wanna compare mufc vs. acmilan. I think some of the choose made by Rafa could be wrong. I mean, why Gerrard on the RW, why Bolo on the LW, why Pennant on the bench, why Crouch on the bench. Not satisfied. Next match Rafa gonna makes different choose otherwise ... bye bye Athens !! ??? ??? ???   
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: I'm not satisfied about ....
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2007 01:47:47 pm
      Zenden and Bellamy to be dropped they were rubbish.
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2007 03:40:07 pm
      I really can't understand why Rafa insist on these choose
      Eniac
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2007 03:45:25 pm
      I really can't understand why Rafa insist on these choose
      Because he obviously expected Chelsea to go for an all-out attack. In this case Bellamy would have found enough space to run into. Unfortunately Benitez was outwitted for once, because the Chelsea defenders sat back and Bellamy had to compete with Terry, who's about one foot taller, for high balls. Couldn't work. But let's face it: Crouch had almost an entire half-time to do something useful, but he failed as much as everybody else.

Zenden was a puzzle, I admit. Why not use Pennant on the right?
      malvizzu
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2007 04:55:37 pm
      I don't agree with kelv78 about Zenden being hopeless. On the contrary he was one of the few who made sense with some dribbling and passing. Riiese was lost as left fullback. He should be given a more advanced role on the left wing. Yesterday we had no right wing at all and no passing from that post whatsoever. At the back the absence of Finnan was badly missed with Arbeola finding it difficult at times. Unless Gerrard is played in central midfield as key man and given space to roam we cannot creat descent attacks. I am fed up with Benitez's rotation. The poor quality of play was all down to him and I blame only him for the lost match. Match in match out no one knows what formation he will be playing. Let's hope for the next match he will play Pennant on the right and Crouch in the middle.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2007 06:00:47 pm
      The little thread of mini Rafa Benitez.  Paolo, I'm very sorry you were not satisfied that the game wasn't as exciting as the United Milan game.  Maybe we should have let Chelsea score a couple more to give you a bit more enjoyment....

Benitez had to play Riise left back so it left a gap at left midfield.  Like I said before Zenden was not our worst player by a long shot.  Typical of everyone picking on a player to jump on their back and blame for the loss.  From the sound of all of you this week it is Zenden.

Craig Bellamy was utter contemptible garbage.  In fact Kuyt fared little better.  With no outlet up front to actually hold the ball up our first half performance suffered. 

And since when has Pennant been our golden child.  Steven Gerrard or Jermaine Pennant - it's doesn't even need considering.  Gerrard, Momo, Alonso, Riise should be our midfield for the home game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007 06:01:29 pm by koolkidda »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2007 06:29:40 pm
      Point being though mate, Ferrera was there to be raped in the second half and I would of liked to have seen Pennant for Zenden and really gone for the last 15.

Face it Zenden gives plenty of effort but his crossing was sh*te and the best to hope for was that he would win a corner.

Pennant would of been a better option in the second half, his crossing better and he has more pace, plus confidence wise he's played well in the last few games.

I would deffo start Pennant at anfield.

Oh and the joe cole goal, WTF was gerrard doin standing watching carvalho, could he of not closed him down, better second half from el captaino, but he still hasn't put in a world class performance against chelsea yet!

Upfront, the service for the strikers was sh*te too, Bellamy didn't look arsed, and I would also have robbie on the bench for tuesday, yer never know!!
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 27, 2007 09:36:41 am
      for koolkidda

I mean I wasn't satisfied for Rafa's to attempt on goal . Only one shot in 90 min. You are in a semi final first leg you are LFC and I think every red supporter did wish score at least one goal.

Quick Reply