Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Kewell

Read 11685 times
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Re: Kewell
      Reply #23: Apr 30, 2007 10:05:14 pm
      Big difference here, It took pennant 7 months or so to show some form, its taken harry 4 years and were still waiting.

I dont think were still waiting i fought he had a good year last year but theres no point in him being fit for the final as he would just get 'injured' again like the last 2 finals
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #24: May 01, 2007 07:34:02 am
      I think Kewell owes Liverpool a lot, we have stuck by him, and he should sign a new deal and the end of the season and lets see if he can make it next season, he is a great player when fit and not many better than him out there, if he signs up for a 2 or 3 year deal, and he does make it we have a great player, if he does not make it we can sell him in Jan. or the end of next season and get good money.
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Reply #25: May 01, 2007 08:40:05 am
      I agree with you graham135uk, i think we should give him a new deal, and see if he produces,he could be a fantastic addition, like a free transfer, 4 years ago, i dont think anyone could have said we wouldnt be interested? If he regains his full fitness and form, and stays injury free, then i think he will be fantastic, like its been said, he owes liverpool alot, if he doesnt perform, then transfer him out and still get a price for him, if he performs, who knows what a player he could turn out to be, remember Leeds??!!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #26: May 01, 2007 11:06:00 am
      I agree with you graham135uk, I think we should give him a new deal, and see if he produces,he could be a fantastic addition, like a free transfer, 4 years ago, I dont think anyone could have said we wouldnt be interested? If he regains his full fitness and form, and stays injury free, then I think he will be fantastic, like its been said, he owes liverpool alot, if he doesnt perform, then transfer him out and still get a price for him, if he performs, who knows what a player he could turn out to be, remember Leeds??!!

How much longer are people like yourself gonna keep saying this for? He's been here four seasons & still people are saying the same thing. He's only played 120 times in those four seasons, that's 30 times a season FFS, and this guy's no bit part player when he is fit. I refer you to my earlier post, and Redkenny's, comments like this are showing a serious lack of ambition by certain sections of our support. If he loves the club as much as he says, fine, he'll go on a pay as you play deal. If he doesn't we'll know where his loyalties lie, which IMO was proved after his missus spouted all that sh!t on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #27: May 01, 2007 11:06:29 am
      Kewell For England!!

Yes, well, I have had quite alot of coffee this morning, but my argument is still the same (bias as an ex left winger should be "left wingers club 1980 - 1994")

Kewell is still the best lefty we have, (when fit) Zenden is a yard slower than he was at Barca at least, comming to the end of his usefulness and can only really cut it in the inside left position, no use unless you are playing a 5 man midfield.

Gonzo is, at the moment, a 1 trick pony and a lightweight one at that.  he needs to get into the gym like a certain Mr. Ronaldo has, and then stop trying to beat full backs with the old "kick it and run" tactic that might work against the micky mouse teams he was used to playing against in Chile etc. but not against a street wise rough and tumble Premiership full back who shows him the outside, and then laughs when they take it off him.

I'm not saying he can't or won't get better, but he has flattered to deceive this year and certainly hasn't impressed me!

Kewell is the best we have, and when on form and fit, can go outside, cut in, shoot and cross with both feet (why professional footballers ALL can't kick with both feet is beyond me, but thats a whole new topic) and really gives the full back and centre half a tough time.  He also isn't afraid to get stuck in.

I think Kewell has still got lots to offer our club, and if you can tell me a better left winger who's available at the mo, then lets hear it because there aren't many about and better still, wev'e already got this one, wev'e paid him enough so I think he will be eager to perform.

And if you push me all the way, I would have him in the side tonight, as their right back would shi* his pants!! Kewell and Pennant, with Gerrard and Macha in the middle.

God this coffee is GOOOOOOOOOOD.   :o :shake:

DH

PS.  You wanted more Eddie, you got it!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #28: May 01, 2007 11:33:44 am
      lets trust rafa in his ideas...........i am sure if he thinks that kewell is not enough good for his team  ,,than i am sure he will not resign him next term.................... .. he just got 25 mins in the reserves in a 3-1 win against everton lets hope its a good sign........
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #29: May 01, 2007 11:43:02 am
      lets trust rafa in his ideas...........I am sure if he thinks that kewell is not enough good for his team  ,,than I am sure he will not resign him next term.................... .. he just got 25 mins in the reserves in a 3-1 win against everton lets hope its a good sign........

All well & good using the 'In Rafa We Trust' mantra, and I do trust his judgement, but this is a discussion forum, it'd be pretty boring if all we ever said was' Leave Rafa to it, he knows what he's doing'
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #30: May 01, 2007 11:49:39 am
      Agreed Eddie, and I thing he got it wrong in the first leg, with steve out wide wasted, and Zenden??  on the left,

but this is about Kewell so don't be surprised if he is on the bench tonight.  You heard it here first folks.   going for lunch now,  and another coffeeeeeeee

DH
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #31: May 01, 2007 12:00:40 pm
      All well & good using the 'In Rafa We Trust' mantra, and I do trust his judgement, but this is a discussion forum, it'd be pretty boring if all we ever said was' Leave Rafa to it, he knows what he's doing'
      well and good and i agree about this being a discussion forum,,, and thats the nice thing about it ...that is.....not everyone agrees on everything...that will be a BORING forum...............and thats why i like this one,,,everyone post whastever he or she thinks  ,,,,,keep it up  ..........and COME ON YOU REDS FOR TONIGHT
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #32: May 01, 2007 04:15:32 pm
      Sorry Eddiec, i think your wrong, yes i can see were your coming from "but" what have we to lose in giving him another deal, if we sell him at the end of the season were not going to get very much for him because he has been out for so long, if we give him another deal then we can see how he does next season, if he makes it all the better, if not we sell him, so nothing to lose.
      When fit he is one of the best left wingers in the prem, so I'm hope we can see the best of him soon.
      Have a good day. ;D ;D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: May 01, 2007 04:20:47 pm
      Sorry Eddiec, I think your wrong, yes I can see were your coming from "but" what have we to lose in giving him another deal, if we sell him at the end of the season were not going to get very much for him because he has been out for so long, if we give him another deal then we can see how he does next season, if he makes it all the better, if not we sell him, so nothing to lose.
      When fit he is one of the best left wingers in the prem, so I'm hope we can see the best of him soon.
      Have a good day. ;D ;D

If we don't give him another deal, £60,000 a week for a year, which is £3m, plus a potential £4m lost in transfer revenue

If we do give him another deal, £60,000 a week, possibly more, possibly up to three years if no-one wants to buy him after another season injured. Maybe as much as £10m
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #34: May 01, 2007 05:29:27 pm
      Too high maintenance for a player that never plays. Hes just the Australian Beckham, I cant believe we pay for his flights to Australia and back its a joke!!
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #35: May 01, 2007 06:32:16 pm
      I think kewell is rafa's blue eyed boy, he keeps giving him chance after chance.  It'll be interesting to see what rafa does cos i think we've been lacking down the left, i think Riise has had his worst season at the club, speedy hasnt really set the world alight, but has suffered with injuries, i would send him on season-long loan to another premership team. I like the look of Aurelio, suffered with injuries when played looked impressive, and finally Bolo Zenden is just pathetic!!!! So there is a gap that kewell IF returns to form could fill, but will summer money available will rafa just re-build the left side
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #36: May 11, 2007 11:34:04 am

Typical news of Harry taken from Liverpool.tv
      No doubt he's been fit for a while now, and has been afraid of getting injured before the BIG game.
      I'm sorry but he should not be considered for the squad in Athens, we have got there without him and those players should be rewarded with the honour of a final place.
      Yes I do think he is a very good player on his day, probably our best option, but he owes Liverpool a lot, but for Athens no - also match fitness would be a joke for him.

Harry Kewell has declared himself fit and ready to aid Liverpool's quest for Champions League glory. 
      The Australian midfielder kicked his first ball of the season as a substitute against Fulham last week and could play a part in the Reds' final league game of the season against Charlton on Sunday.

With the Champions League final now less than two weeks away, Kewell is hoping his return to full fitness will be rewarded with a place in the squad for Athens.

"I've been working hard over the last eight weeks," Kewell said. "We did testing the other day, everything went well. The manager's happy, the assistant manager's happy, the fitness coaches are happy, so it's literally down to the manager.

"I'm feeling as close to 100 per cent as I've ever felt before in my life, the only thing I'm missing is competitive games." 
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #37: May 11, 2007 12:23:37 pm
      Do you know what the sceptic in me thought he might get fit for the final, well if he's picked and he plays all is in the past and he would get my full support whilst wearing a red shirt.
      Tell you what though its not a bad job if you can get one is it? his contribution to our season is half an hour against Fulham and he may make the Champions league final, bloody hell father Christmas works more than he does! but all in all if its a choice between a fit up for it Kewell or Zenden i know who i would pick.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #38: May 11, 2007 12:30:09 pm
      Kewell will come good................

yes i know the injuries and he hasnt really proved himself constantly but I cant believe he's worse than what we've got.

Sub for CL final come on and turn the game for us (in a goodway!)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #39: May 11, 2007 02:00:09 pm
      Surprise,surprise,another final and kewells fit,cant be bad playing for 10 minutes picking up a winners medal..What a record to have..
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #40: May 11, 2007 02:17:48 pm
      Skeptic Redman,   I know it seems a bit like 2 years ago but he must have worked his socks off to get fit, Rafa wouldn't be playing him now if he didn't have him in mind for the final and not at all if he thought he was "swinging the led"  he doesn't suffer fools lightly in my opinion.

A good game against Charlton (laying one on for Robbie to score) and it gives him options, otherwise its Zenden and he's just lost it in my opinion.

Dave H (unofficial leader of the "save the Kewell" campain)!

DH
      sk
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #41: May 11, 2007 02:39:53 pm
      You neva know. lightening can strike twice. Im with the redman...10 mns, his off and we win the cl final gain.
      Harryu has declared himself fitter than ever......sounds ominous
      Source: lfc.tv

KEWELL: I'M FEELING FITTER THAN EVER
      Paul Eaton 11 May 2007 
        Harry Kewell has declared himself fit and ready to aid Liverpool's quest for Champions League glory. 
      The Australian midfielder kicked his first ball of the season as a substitute against Fulham last week and could play a part in the Reds' final league game of the season against Charlton on Sunday.

With the Champions League final now less than two weeks away, Kewell is hoping his return to full fitness will be rewarded with a place in the squad for Athens.

"I've been working hard over the last eight weeks," Kewell said. "We did testing the other day, everything went well. The manager's happy, the assistant manager's happy, the fitness coaches are happy, so it's literally down to the manager.

"I'm feeling as close to 100 per cent as I've ever felt before in my life, the only thing I'm missing is competitive games." 
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #42: May 11, 2007 03:23:14 pm
      Surprise,surprise,another final and kewells fit,cant be bad playing for 10 minutes picking up a winners medal..What a record to have..

Must agree you on this one...

Skeptic Redman,   I know it seems a bit like 2 years ago but he must have worked his socks off to get fit, Rafa wouldn't be playing him now if he didn't have him in mind for the final and not at all if he thought he was "swinging the led"  he doesn't suffer fools lightly in my opinion.

A good game against Charlton (laying one on for Robbie to score) and it gives him options, otherwise its Zenden and he's just lost it in my opinion.

Dave H (unofficial leader of the "save the Kewell" campain)!

DH

Just one Question "How would you feel as a player ,if you worked hard all season and someone else in the same squad as you came into the team and took your place in the Final after he had been out all season injuried?"
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: May 11, 2007 07:07:21 pm
      No wonder he's feeling fitter than ever, has done f*ck all for 2 years !!   ;) ;D
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #44: May 12, 2007 12:53:07 pm
      Must agree you on this one...

Just one Question "How would you feel as a player ,if you worked hard all season and someone else in the same squad as you came into the team and took your place in the Final after he had been out all season injured?"

I would feel pissed off but that is not the players call, its the manager and if he thinks harry should play then he will play,   he put him in 2 years ago to upset the aging defense, and now they are even older so who knows  (Rafa) players don't pick the team, not even Stevie picks the team, else he wouldn't put himself on the right!

our best chance in the final is to attack them, not sit back to be picked off, so you put on your best attacking players.  I say again, on the left thats Harry   and if not  who?   if you can tell me who's better i will eat my mouse!

DH :boxing: :boxing:
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #45: May 12, 2007 01:01:09 pm
      harry on the left would be for the best

Quick Reply