Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Sunderland?

Lucas Leiva
      (9.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      (69.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      (20.5%)

Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown

Read 42362 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown
      Reply #69: Oct 17, 2009 05:20:03 pm
      i would love us to have a plan B

We do - win.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #70: Oct 17, 2009 05:20:49 pm
      I don't know how many more of his 9 lives Rafa has got left

Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #71: Oct 17, 2009 05:21:00 pm
      Next week's match is pretty much are most important game ever under Benitez. Win and we close the gap to 4, lose and it goes to 10.

MsGerrard
      Reply #72: Oct 17, 2009 05:21:32 pm
      Apparently if the ball hits something that shouldn't be on the pitch, be it a dog/person/ball/balloon etc etc then the Ref should have given a drop ball in the place where it happened.

That's the most frustrating thing, that goal should never have stood.

But I for one haven't given up hope and if you are a true Liverpool supporter you won't either.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #73: Oct 17, 2009 05:21:45 pm
      When you walk through a storm, hold you're head up high
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #74: Oct 17, 2009 05:21:58 pm
      Very angry and fed up.

Just not good enough for LFC that. I'd say I hope those players take a good hard look at themselves in the mirror tonight but if they can't be up for a game then they're probably not arsed.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #75: Oct 17, 2009 05:22:08 pm

wish we would use that one.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #76: Oct 17, 2009 05:22:27 pm
      F**k You internationals . That's all from me .
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #77: Oct 17, 2009 05:23:19 pm
      They scored after 5 minutes but we had 85+ plus minuted to equalise and maybe score more.

The players just didn't turn up, which has been a very common reason for all the losses this season.

Those of you calling for Rafa's head need to re-think again. If we get a new manager we'll be taking 10 steps backwards.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #78: Oct 17, 2009 05:23:46 pm
      And the Rafa bashers are back on the forum. When we beat Lyon and United next week they'll all F**k off again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #79: Oct 17, 2009 05:24:22 pm
      I'm sorry, I'm putting the loss of Alonso at Rafa's door - it's common knowledge Alonso went because of him... £14m is now looking cheap in comparison to this loss!

Bullshit!

Alonso was sh*t the season before, so if Rafa (The Manager) decides he wants to move Alonso on then so be it. And he was quick to accept a move to Madrid wasn't he!
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #80: Oct 17, 2009 05:25:20 pm
      Positivity is key, but it's hard to be positive when the team plays sh*t for 90 minutes and starts getting urgent in injury time.

It was hard to tell what the loss today came down to. Was it the formation? Was it the lack of passing accuracy? Lack of urgency?
      If i was being honest i would say that it was a mixture of all of these, but the formation is to blame for me. The pitch looked overly congested with players and the players with the Liverbird on their chests weren't used to playing with the formation. Once the formation changed into a 4-4-2 we saw Liverpool start pressuring and actually begin creating chances.

I really felt for Jay Spearing. He's only young and such a debut shouldn't be brought upon anyone. I just think he's not of the right build for the Premier League. When watching the reserves play, there are many players with a short stature like Jay but it's the opposite in the EPL. I really hope he gets another chance and lives up to his potential.

Stevie and Nando need to return before the Manchester United game and also we should hope to see Aquilani come back in a few weeks. 
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #81: Oct 17, 2009 05:25:44 pm
      They scored after 5 minutes but we had 85+ plus minuted to equalise and maybe score more.

The players just didn't turn up, which has been a very common reason for all the losses this season.

Those of you calling for Rafa's head need to re-think again. If we get a new manager we'll be taking 10 steps backwards.

i agree mate, tho i do think he needs to change some things around.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 773 
      Reply #82: Oct 17, 2009 05:26:12 pm
      Just come home from work, another disaster! Can't remember when we lost three on the trot. Certainly not under Rafa :f_wah:
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #83: Oct 17, 2009 05:27:29 pm
      We have no creativity at all. Our defenders where attacking,i don't know who was our striker, our manager was absolutely useless from the start of the season i don't know why and im going to get drunk for today so i can forget all this bullshit i've passed.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #84: Oct 17, 2009 05:28:02 pm
      If we bring in a new manager, we take a massive step backwards.

Torres and Pepe will both get on their bike, leaving the current players confidence well and truly on it's arse. And that's just the start of it.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #85: Oct 17, 2009 05:28:23 pm
      Just come home from work, another disaster! Can't remember when we lost three on the trot. Certainly not under Rafa :f_wah:
      Janurary 2005 was the last time we lost 3 in a row.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #86: Oct 17, 2009 05:28:27 pm
      All this crap about Rafa getting the sack is crap. Why does he need to be blame when our players themselves did not turn up?

If we get a new manager in, we will be going 10 steps backwards. We don't need a new manager. We need new owners.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #87: Oct 17, 2009 05:28:44 pm
      Some pretty sh*t performances from the players today.  The first half they seemed unable to pass.

We had a double whammy of international injuries, jetlagged players and a re-jigged side.

If the players had put in a decent performance and we lost then yes - you could ask questions of the manager.  But there is no doubt in my mind having watched the entire game that the players put in a terrible performance today and should feel embarrassed by their efforts.  They don't deserve their wages this week.

Babel failed miserably once again.  Time for him to go on his way.

Johnson was dismal - lost the ball countless times.

Spearing - good but in no way great.

Carragher - going backwards.

Aurelio - can't defend for sh*t.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #88: Oct 17, 2009 05:29:06 pm
      All this crap about Rafa getting the sack is crap. Why does he need to be blame when our players themselves did not turn up?

If we get a new manager in, we will be going 10 steps backwards. We don't need a new manager. We need new owners.

Agree with you on that one mate !

What ! They scored in the first five mins ! ( sorry I didn't watch the game ) we had plenty of time to score more ! I thought it was like one of 'em last minute goals ! sigh .......

TO THE KNEE JERK THREAD ! ONWARDS EVERYONE !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #89: Oct 17, 2009 05:29:46 pm
      Babel's time is up IMO.

Sell him and try and get a decent winger for 7-8m.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #90: Oct 17, 2009 05:30:18 pm
      clearly we have players who are not good enough but we seem to have a manager who is not getting the best out of his players.
      Yet again Rafa selects a team/formation suited to play against the opposition, we are LFC ffs we should be going out there imposing
      our game on the opposition and dominating them. Instead at a time when we are vulnerable due to the loss of our best 2 players we play
      an unfamiliar formation???? Today was win or bust and as a team we showed little urgency and were outfought by Sunderland. In the summer
      some of us laughed when we were linked Cattermole, we could have done with him today sadly.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #91: Oct 17, 2009 05:30:50 pm
      Apparently if the ball hits something that shouldn't be on the pitch, be it a dog/person/ball/balloon etc etc then the Ref should have given a drop ball in the place where it happened.

That's the most frustrating thing, that goal should never have stood.

But I for one haven't given up hope and if you are a true Liverpool supporter you won't either.
      you will never walk alone  :)

Quick Reply