Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Who is the Balloon Head?

Read 1428 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Who is the Balloon Head?
      Oct 18, 2009 10:36:43 am
      Anyone know who the lad was that hit the beachball onto the pitch yesterday?I bet he feels a right (*).
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Who is the Balloon Head?
      Reply #1: Oct 18, 2009 10:41:24 am
      There's a picture of him I've put.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #2: Oct 18, 2009 11:48:38 am
      Just let it go. The poor lad looked sick at half time, and I know he won't be doing that again. When they showed him at half time on Sky Sports News, he was literally grey, he was that sick, and that was 40 minutes after it happened. The last thing he needs is to be manhunted on a forum. At least he was there to support our team - he didn't get much back for his money.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #3: Oct 18, 2009 01:55:05 pm
      Agreed.  As much as I wanted to kick the sh*t out of whoever did it - in the cold light of the next day (and especially when I found out it was a kid) I'm sure he feels sick enough.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #4: Oct 22, 2009 07:57:02 pm
      As pissed as we all were at him, just think what his future has in store for him?  He will forever be known as the Liverpool supporter who threw the Liverpool beachball on the pitch and cost us a goal that ultimately cost us a major loss.

Personally I think he is going to need a lot of therapy.  He is going to get tormented for the rest of his life.  Trust me, those in his school know who he is...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Oct 22, 2009 07:58:39 pm
      Balloon boy?

In all seriousness though, you're right. He'll no doubt get the sh*t ripped out of him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Oct 22, 2009 10:00:14 pm
      Still think he is an absolute pr**k but there is no point being pissed off with him because 1. He's a kid and 2. It's not like he meant it to end up like it did.

These things happen, if it was a Sunderland fan or if he was laughing when it happened then yeah fair enough.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #7: Oct 23, 2009 02:23:21 pm
      At the same time it's bang out of order whatever - it's only the same as throwing anything on the pitch be it a coin,dart or Andy Gray's head there are rules there to be followed and the reason for the rules is the kind of misfortune that befell LFC.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #8: Oct 23, 2009 02:27:56 pm
      I wonder if the lad asked for his ball back?
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #9: Oct 23, 2009 03:10:15 pm
      I don't know but the manc's have bought all the balls on line,and has that one gone one sale on ebay!
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #10: Oct 23, 2009 04:04:33 pm
      What I'd like to know is Where The F*CK was his parent/guardian?  Rules? Etiquette?  

Little things like "oh by the way son, don't throw a bloody beach ball in front of OUR goalie.  It just might have a tiny effect on his ability to see an attack coming.  Hell is the worst possible case senerio it could get struck by an attack ball and misdirect the flight path past OUR goalie."

The first time my Dad took me to an All Blacks rugby match he told me the dos and donts.  I followed said rules.  Why?  Out of respect for my team.

Thats the way it works.  Fans pass down the traditions, rules and regs to the next generation.  

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #11: Oct 23, 2009 04:28:15 pm
      What I'd like to know is Where The F*CK was his parent/guardian?  Rules? Etiquette?  

Little things like "oh by the way son, don't throw a bloody beach ball in front of OUR goalie.  It just might have a tiny effect on his ability to see an attack coming.  Hell is the worst possible case senerio it could get struck by an attack ball and misdirect the flight path past OUR goalie."

The first time my Dad took me to an All Blacks rugby match he told me the dos and donts.  I followed said rules.  Why?  Out of respect for my team.

Thats the way it works.  Fans pass down the traditions, rules and regs to the next generation.  

And that's a fact, there was nothing remotely similar went on years ago I used to stand in the kop and that's an exaggeration - used to balance on one leg in the kop most of the time but in spite of all the mayhem nothing untoward such as missiles being hurled and all that carry on occurred. The fact the balloon was hurled by a kid if anything is a more worrying aspect because it displays that the practice is accepted as a norm.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2009 11:10:05 am by stuey »

Quick Reply