Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

David Nugent (Preston N.E)

Read 2456 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      David Nugent (Preston N.E)
      Jun 16, 2007 09:19:56 pm
      one name i have never really seen on this board. i think he would be fantastic buy. not only is he young, hes english and he would only cost about £6-8million. dont give me this crap about that he is not proven in the prem because no one is proven until their given the chance. what do us think?
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Re: David Nugent (Preston N.E)
      Reply #1: Jun 16, 2007 10:07:22 pm
      David Nugent would be a great buy!!
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #2: Jun 16, 2007 10:38:51 pm
      David Nugent would be a great buy!!

i would honestly rather buy him than torres
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 16, 2007 10:43:01 pm
      yeah ur most probly rite, i would also look at the top players to buy but if we couldn't sign them, then why not go for someone like Nugent, there are are alot of ruomers about Henry coming in the summer are they true?
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #4: Jun 16, 2007 10:46:53 pm
      doubt it very much he's stated that he's an admirer of liverpool but he wouldn't play for any other premiership team
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #5: Jun 17, 2007 12:01:12 am
      Erm don't think so, from what I've heard he detests Liverpool - just like his dad, who used to be a red, but apparently said he would never support the reds again after we fu**ed off David when he was lickle.

And Nugent has made it clear on more than one occasion that he is a true blue!!

BTW - haven't been on for a about 2 weeks but anyone hear the rumour that good ol' Joey would not sign for the blues cos in his own words "he'd only go where the money is"

And I also loved the fact that his Range Rover was impounded in Prescot by the police for having no insurance - what a w**ker!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #6: Jun 17, 2007 12:08:26 am
      one name I have never really seen on this board. I think he would be fantastic buy. not only is he young, hes english and he would only cost about £6-8million. dont give me this crap about that he is not proven in the prem because no one is proven until their given the chance. what do us think?

Semple, ask yourself one question. Would any of the other 'top four' sign Nugent? I think the answer would be no. He is nowhere near the quality of player we should be looking at this summer. We need to sign a striker who is a proven goalscorer in the top leagues in Europe. If it's an English option you are looking for the only player which comes close in my opinion is Darren Bent.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Jun 17, 2007 01:16:12 am
      anyone have their views on the lad. never seen him mentioned on this thing about a target for us but i think we could get him at a good price and hes quality

Semple I think he was released by Liverpool when he was 14. That's how he got picked up. Can't see a return.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Jun 17, 2007 02:02:50 am
      Any chance of merging the two Nugent threads?

All I've seen of Nugent is a couple of games and a lot of hype by the neverton tesco brigade. So I'll wait until i've seen him play a lot more until I pass judgement  ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Jun 17, 2007 02:52:58 am
      all of him I've seen is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huDIkjWT8bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYgzrIZOyE

I know they're not against premiership sides, but he looks really good in these clips...but I just hope Harry Kewell will be back to full fitness this WHOLE season and these will be the sort of goals he'll be sticking in the back of the net for us.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #10: Jun 17, 2007 08:47:34 am
      Nah just coz he scored goals in the championship doesnt make him a great player who knows how hes gonna hack the premiership,i would much rather we get a proven goal scorer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #11: Jun 17, 2007 09:05:54 am
      I don't think that any of the other top 4 sides would buy him.

He clearly has issues with the club after we released him when he was young.

He may well have a promising future but the time for Liverpool to solely invest in gamble's which may have promising futures is surely not now. We need to buy some proven strikers for not only the Premiership but also Europe.

I would argue that £8 million on unproven Nugent is as frivolous as £28 million on Eto'o.
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 17, 2007 10:36:08 am
      No thanks and No way he is not  good enough for liverpool and am shocked people say we should have him then Torres???! He isn't in the same league Bellamy better then him i'd rather play my nan upfront then Nugent. Nugent please  :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #13: Jun 18, 2007 08:07:22 pm
      Semple, ask yourself one question. Would any of the other 'top four' sign Nugent? I think the answer would be no. He is nowhere near the quality of player we should be looking at this summer. We need to sign a striker who is a proven goalscorer in the top leagues in Europe. If it's an English option you are looking for the only player which comes close in my opinion is Darren Bent.

But as i said....you need to give this kind of player the chance to perform. look at it this way.....would u rather sign him now and risking it for about £6m (which is VERY affordable) or let him score 25 goals a season for another team and then go in for him and be told he is now £18m for example Darren Bent. i know he is a risk but a risk that could very well work.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Jun 18, 2007 09:54:44 pm
      Definatly not going to happen.  If any of the mods disagree, unlock the topic. Stupid and insane topics like this should never be seen on the transfer speculation.

Quick Reply