Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Lyon (20/10/09)

Pepe Reina
      (7.7%)
      Martin Kelly
      (70.9%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (21.4%)

Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!

Read 42092 times
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!
      Reply #92: Oct 20, 2009 10:33:56 pm

What the f**k. We're Liverpool, we don't say 'Liverpool are sh*t'.

Still the greatest club in the world.

Here here!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #93: Oct 20, 2009 10:35:01 pm
      I have just looked through the previous pages in this thread and it's interesting that the majority of the people who are really slating the team are those who have few posts and are rarely active on here.

Just a question, where are you people when we are winning?

I know it was a poor performance yet again, no denying it - but if you are willing to come on to places like this when we lose so you can hammer the team why do you not come on and give praise where and when its due?
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #94: Oct 20, 2009 10:35:21 pm
      Arsenal,Chelsea and Man Utd are as worse as each other this year - this was our chance, blown by the F***ing Yanks - I'd take Kenwright anyday
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #95: Oct 20, 2009 10:35:46 pm
      man united couldnt have come at a better time, because our players should be so so so fired up now.
      We said that about this game. The players are just going onto the pitch and producing the same performances. They played better today, ran their socks' off, but there was no quality at all.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #96: Oct 20, 2009 10:36:35 pm
      I honestly think we can win on Sunday. Really believe all squads have been greatly weakened this year for some reason. Has the Balance of power shifted. Barca got stung tonight by nobodies..Any way United are not the team they were either.. Sunderland should have beaten a full strength team in Old Trafford. Burnley beat them. So lets think positive. I hope the boys are'nt reading this forum they would be sltting their wrists as we speak
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #97: Oct 20, 2009 10:37:22 pm
      Back from the game. Nothing else to say except Torres is our only striker.

even he has been subdued this year - big problems are afoot - Gerrard and Carra haven't been themselves for me and we know the script with the rest of them - Jesus Christ how did we get to this......??????????
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #98: Oct 20, 2009 10:37:57 pm
      Back from the game. Nothing else to say except Torres is our only striker.

Spurs have a better attack over all than we do.
      ERMIS REDS
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #99: Oct 20, 2009 10:38:11 pm
      I cannot see us finishing in the top four this year unless a dramatic change occurs ...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #100: Oct 20, 2009 10:38:19 pm
      even he has been subdued this year

Only when he has picked up a knock or we have the game won.
      lfc-gaz
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #101: Oct 20, 2009 10:38:57 pm
      Another fan looking for a f**king soapbox since we have been doing badly. For fucks sake I'm sick of you people. A lot of the players failing at the moment are the ones who played brilliant last year. So forgive Rafa for not selling them in the summer ::) And I'm sure if you asked him if he had a choice would Voronin be around still, he would say not a chance in hell. But with no money comes no choice.

Listen here, i watch a lota footy. Im from ireland, and have got over to anfield 3 times, costing a lot of money!! i seen the wigan game last year, we were shocking, absolutely F***ing shocking, couldnt break down a F***ing sunday league team!! its being a well known fact in last few years, go to anfield, 4-5-1, slight bits luck get a draw, aka draw at home to west ham, wigan, hull, stoke, fulham, any of these ring a bell?? and we played brill last year, give me a F***ing  break!! We some how managed to be scum twice (they were v v poor at old trafford) and blues twice.  We wont wint em all this year, alla lost 2-0 at stam bridge this year already!! Football isnt always a matter of getting x pounds, look at what moyes has done on a shoe string budget, o neill at villa, hodgson at fulham, wake up all fans who believe in Rafa, he has to go for the good of my bloody health and the club!!!!
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #102: Oct 20, 2009 10:39:34 pm
      i can't believe that second half, the confidence just drained from the players.
      We have conceded two goals in games against Spurs, Bolton, Chelsea, Lyon, Fiorentina, West Ham, Aston Villa and we are only mid way through October. This is not acceptable and someone has to take charge I don't know whether it's the management the coaching or just the players but it has to end tonight other wise the Yank's will have the perfect opportunity that they re looking for to sack Benitez . Ferguson will be rubbing his hands with glee at the pospect of Sunday, he will want pay back for last season, make no mistake if we will  twa**ed good and proper if we put in a performance like that.
      To put it bluntly i'm raging at the way Lyon bossed us in that last half hour
       :f_steam:
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #103: Oct 20, 2009 10:39:51 pm
      anyway - on a final note before I go and have nightmares, I'm not putting another penny into the Yanks pockets - starve them of their oxygen and watch them choke!!!! - hope one two of you will follow my lead
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #104: Oct 20, 2009 10:40:01 pm
      even he has been subdued this year - big problems are afoot - Gerrard and Carra haven't been themselves for me and we know the script with the rest of them - Jesus Christ how did we get to this......??????????

Alright lad easy!!! I know we were far from good tonight but no need.......
      lfc-gaz
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #105: Oct 20, 2009 10:40:54 pm
      You're lumping our best players in with a player who hasn't kicked a ball in a Liverpool shirt yet?

Is it any wonder no-one is taking you seriously?
      Italian international - world champions - catch a F***ing grip son and grap a dose of common sense when ur at it too please!!!
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #106: Oct 20, 2009 10:41:03 pm
      Only when he has picked up a knock or we have the game won.

Tottenham,Fiorentina,Chelski to name a few?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,517 posts | 2873 
      Reply #107: Oct 20, 2009 10:41:30 pm
      Defence needs F***ing sorting fast.

If you have a good defence that can keep a clean sheet, then a single goal will do more often than not.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #108: Oct 20, 2009 10:42:10 pm
      The blame falls solely to rafa I dont care what anyone says....that was a shambles worst liverpool team ive seen in ten years woeful.benayoun playing great only person to take the game by the scruff of the neck when gerrard got took off proven match winner hard grafter and hes taken off am sorry but I am in rage and am gona have to get off this before all the gobshites start going on about supporting the team threw thick and thin and always support the manager but sadley I think we need a major change and its got to be rafa...I dont care what anyone says that is shokin and all down to him there was nearly nine defenders out tonite with spearing on the bench he's like a miny gerrard.

gobs***e or not!! Woe B FU***N Tide we should ever end up in mid table with all the negative sh*te I've just had to endure.FFS I'm sure most of you only post when we lose.I'm off to F***** bed.Good luck Redmen on Sunday.YNWA  :f_steam:

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #109: Oct 20, 2009 10:42:17 pm
      Something badly wrong is going on with Carra's positioning.

It's Carra and Insua it seems time after time.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #110: Oct 20, 2009 10:42:43 pm
      Aqualiani to play on Sunday... at least be on the bench
      Y.N.W.AScouseJayY.N.W.A
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #111: Oct 20, 2009 10:43:09 pm
      Why everyone blaming rafa? he not him is the f***king team, i rather have rafa than any others managers, if your true liverpool fans you would be backing rafa up.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #112: Oct 20, 2009 10:44:04 pm

In Carras book he said at the beginning of the 05/06 season he thought his legs had gone
      I wonder, if in all seriousness he is beginning to think the same thing, and if so would he admit it?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #113: Oct 20, 2009 10:44:21 pm
      Listen here, i watch a lota footy. Im from ireland, and have got over to anfield 3 times, costing a lot of money!! i seen the wigan game last year, we were shocking, absolutely F***ing shocking, couldnt break down a F***ing sunday league team!! its being a well known fact in last few years, go to anfield, 4-5-1, slight bits luck get a draw, aka draw at home to west ham, wigan, hull, stoke, fulham, any of these ring a bell??

We beat Wigan at home last year 3-2, please get your facts straight before you post anything like that.

and we played brill last year, give me a F***ing  break!! We some how managed to be scum twice (they were v v poor at old trafford) and blues twice.

Sigh.

We pressured the Mancs into errors in both of those games. It wasn't a case of "they were poor", it was a case of "we were beating them senseless all over the pitch". You get that? 

We wont wint em all this year, alla lost 2-0 at stam bridge this year already!! Football isnt always a matter of getting x pounds, look at what moyes has done on a shoe string budget, o neill at villa, hodgson at fulham, wake up all fans who believe in Rafa, he has to go for the good of my bloody health and the club!!!!

We're having a bad spell. Every club has bad spells.

Get your act together and start acting like a proper fan. And sort your posts out while you're at it, they're messy and atrocious.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #114: Oct 20, 2009 10:44:27 pm

Im afriad but Carra needs to be dropped. I am big fan of his but not just his pace is lacking but like you say, aslo his positioning.

Insua is inexperienced and lacks in pace too.

Quick Reply