Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Why Do People Hardly Ever Post On Here?

Read 3719 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Why Do People Hardly Ever Post On Here?
      Apr 29, 2007 07:13:48 pm
      I can't help noticing the lack of activity on this forum for the number of members. For example, earlier on today there were 12 members logged in, yet no-one apart from myself posted for an hour & a half! I was just wondering if there's any reason why members don't seem to like posting much, as there's other forums I go on with half the members but twice the activity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 Views, no replies to this topic so far.

Also, only 14 posts in the last hour from 18 members online  ???
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2007 07:15:40 pm by EddieC »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Why Do People Hardly Ever Post On Here?
      Reply #1: Apr 29, 2007 07:14:21 pm
      Maybe quite a few people sign in but then do other things on the inter web and then come back - already signed in? It is a good point though actually Eddie. I presume it gets a bit more busy through the week with some poeple working on a computer?
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #2: Apr 29, 2007 07:17:35 pm
      Maybe quite a few people sign in but then do other things on the inter web and then come back - already signed in? It is a good point though actually Eddie. I presume it gets a bit more busy through the week with some poeple working on a computer?

What I can't understand though, is like I said originally, the other forums I go on sometimes have less members online but always have more activity. Could it just be that you're all a bunch of lazy b@stards  ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Apr 29, 2007 07:21:47 pm
      Just thought i'd bump your numbers up Ed  ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Apr 29, 2007 07:34:04 pm
      What I can't understand though, is like I said originally, the other forums I go on sometimes have less members online but always have more activity. Could it just be that you're all a bunch of lazy b@stards  ;D

Lazy?? I'm too hungover and tired to be lazy! ;)
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 29, 2007 07:54:39 pm
      Personally I spend most of my time on the forum reading others comments before forming my own ,and  sometimes someone else as already made similar comments which others seem to agree with so, I for one would probably not post on the given subject if I agree with all previous postings.   Does anyone agree with this?  ;)
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Apr 29, 2007 08:04:47 pm
      Well, I've just had a look on other forums, and I have to say most of the activity comes from people disagreeing with each others points of view. Maybe we just agree with each other too much?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Apr 29, 2007 08:13:12 pm
      Maybe so. Which isn't a bad thing but it seems to make for less-active message board?
      To be honest, I don't really go on many message boards, other than this and two others (non football related). And the time I spend on here, I enjoy it and I have quite a similar approach to it, to Tallfc.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #8: Apr 29, 2007 09:38:39 pm
      Well, I've just had a look on other forums, and I have to say most of the activity comes from people disagreeing with each others points of view. Maybe we just agree with each other too much?
      Do we F**k you w**ker ;)
      Cy
      Reply #9: Apr 29, 2007 10:24:05 pm
      I think tallfc got it right, also when I answered to one thread I don't see often the point to do it again, my views are written on the whatever subject and that's it. I have also to say that I don't feel concern by a some topic therefore no need to pretend and post someting.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #10: Apr 30, 2007 12:24:02 am
      No we don't.
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 30, 2007 01:38:31 am
      so we all agree to to disagree ,agreed ???
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2007 01:39:11 am by Tallfc »
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 30, 2007 02:33:05 am
      so we all agree to to disagree ,agreed ???

very much agreed on disagreeing as long as we agree to disagree when one of us has to disagree to keep a topic going that some person posted saying they agreed to some topic but actually secretly disagreed. agreed. ;D

i've also noticed we have a lot of ADD on this forum. nothing bad by all means, but i remember in one topic aussiered and lester76 got into it about witch city is better for sports.

i like ADD. gives everyone something to disagree about. oh, sorry....;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13: Apr 30, 2007 05:45:50 am

I agree ;D

I've also noticed we have a lot of ADD on this forum. nothing bad by all means, but I remember in one topic aussiered and lester76 got into it about witch city is better for sports.

I think I won that argument batman0077 ably backed up by my new country cousin mattmcg ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #14: Apr 30, 2007 07:20:21 am
      You wouldn't let in lie would you Aussiered! You just had to say something else about your Sporting Empire of Melbourne!
      As for the actual topic that EddieC started...we all do agree quite abit...but generally I think thats because the topics discussed and the issues raised lead to a general consensus....basically most of us know our sh#t and we all know that, for example that Zenden is a fantasically talented player who really has been much maligned by ignorant 'fans'...and that he must play a pivotal role on tuesday.....seriously though thats the reason.....personally I love a bit of contention and like to stir it up....so I'm gonna disagree all the time now....Melbourne is as relervant as Corby.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2007 07:21:09 am by lester76 »
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 30, 2007 10:47:06 am
      I take a look at the forum on AOL every so often, they are always bitching at each other, calling names, swearing, insulting and generally being as obnoxious and as rude as they can be (many seem to be aged between 12 and 18, or their mental age anyway) 

I get bored reading how such & such is a W***** etc because he doesn't come from a 2 mile radius of Anfield Rd. and shouldn't go to the match because he or she isn't a proper fan.

or people from other clubs trying to stir things up.

I don't post as much as I would like (family commitments and a wife who keeps me busy) but I intend to post more, I have an opinion and I think this Forum (while not being obnoxious thank god) can be spicy enough for a good debate or two.

Speak to you all more soon.

DH
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #16: Apr 30, 2007 10:54:30 am
      well i'm only on here when i'm in work (the standered 9-5) as I dont have the web at home........

just for you EddieC i'll make sure I post at least 15 times a day!! :)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Apr 30, 2007 11:15:26 am
      Eddie, I know what you're talking about mate. I love posting but will be quiet today and tomorrow because I have exams Tuesday and Wednesday this week :o

On the Cardiff City forum, everyone is arguing.. But I think that's because we fu**ed up, and people are annoyed with the new board, new chairman, and some of the players.
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 30, 2007 01:58:29 pm
      I Know what you mean, ive not long been a member on here, and would love to have a bit of banter with fellow liverpool fans, but it seems like its all very quite and hard to get a topic/conversation going?
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #19: Apr 30, 2007 02:21:05 pm

I think I won that argument batman0077 ably backed up by my new country cousin mattmcg ;)

;D no problem mate, anything for the great city that is Melbourne!!

And back on topic I have to agree with most people's opinions in this thread, when I first started here I posted everyday, but the good topics have seemed to dry up. And most of the time my opinions have been expressed by someone else. I think we are just a happy go lucky forum family and as Liverpool fans are the most educated and knowledgable football fans in the world there are not many disagreements or arguments!!
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #20: Apr 30, 2007 02:48:43 pm
      I Know what you mean, ive not long been a member on here, and would love to have a bit of banter with fellow liverpool fans, but it seems like its all very quite and hard to get a topic/conversation going?

It becomes a lot harder when you get 4 topics running on the same subject  ;D
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #21: May 01, 2007 02:36:24 am
      It becomes a lot harder when you get 4 topics running on the same subject  ;D

true, so thanks to that, i won't have a comeback for anymore of this other "topics" on this one now. i'll try and post more often, but sometimes life is pretty hectic.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22: May 02, 2007 01:29:29 pm
      You wouldn't let in lie would you Aussiered! You just had to say something else about your Sporting Empire of Melbourne!
      ....Melbourne is as relervant as Corby.

sorry Lester76 couldn't help myself mate ....was pissing myself laughing whilst I was typing...I love being a smartarse sometimes.... ;D

as for "Melbourne is as relevant as Corby", are you talking about Shappelle Corby ???

Quick Reply