Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who do you want here the most?

Samuel Eto'o
      (20.8%)
      David Villa
      (54.2%)
      Fernando Torres
      (4.2%)
      Thierry Henry
      (16.7%)
      Michael Owen
      (4.2%)

Who would you want to sign?

Read 5281 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Who would you want to sign?
      Reply #46: May 04, 2007 08:02:58 pm
      I think Tevez would be a decent acquisition.  I also want either Eto'o or Henry (which is possible if Wenger goes).  Kaka would be nice - we need somebody genuinely skillful (ala Ronaldo) - and spare me the Kewell crap.  He's not good enough.

If Gonzalez can come back like the player he was in Spain he might just get himself an Anfield career.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #47: May 04, 2007 09:09:25 pm
      Hey JD can we add Tevez to this poll at the top of the topic? Also how much mileage do you think Henry has left in the tank?....He's been exceptional for so long...hate to think we weren't getting the best of him....yeah we need a Ronaldo (how it pains me to accept his brilliance)...a lot of us are liking Quaresma....looks Ronaldo-esque...also love Mattias Fernandez the Chilean.....over at Villareal.....very nice player....as for Eto'o...think he'd be a slight gamble but believe it it worked he'd be better for us and our style than Henry......Gonzalez also deserves a season at least...not a fan but deserves a chance...
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2007 09:10:15 pm by lester76 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #48: May 04, 2007 11:20:49 pm
      SRSLFC...

From what I've seen (which is quite a bit) I do think Angulo is a great player and has more to his game than just finishing. Thought he showed more than Villa aginst Chelsea

Arsene Wenger thought so a couple of seasons ago when he tried to sign him as he wanted him to play along side Henry but refused and decided to stay with Valencia.

I may not have a great record for spotting premiership strikers but I reckon Wenger has.

The fact that a striker gets rumoured to be in the clubs interests in the press doesn't mean that we have to go along with it.

I don't disagree that angulo is a good player I was just pointing out that no player is guaranteed to produce in the prem and that eto'o and villa have a bit more experience at the top level.

I also agree that we don't have to go along with the press rumours all the time, but you can't dispute that eto'o or villa would be great signings for the club

Quick Reply