Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Idiot Mates - Fans Who Haven't Got A Clue

Read 8916 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Idiot Mates - Fans Who Haven't Got A Clue
      Reply #46: May 10, 2007 08:05:09 am
      New definition of Disgrace in the dictionary:

Aussie Red! Give him a slap from me mate!!

already have mate :boxing: :smack: :action-smiley-060:
      My chav 'mate' at work always complains when I roll off a few stats which prove what a great club Liverpool really are. He starts shallow, aimless conversations that I tend to always finish, but today I started one and finished it.

I passed him briefly and deliberately as I was driving my fork-lift to say "It's history now, I'm not interested" and drove off leaving him angry and confused with no time for a response. This was in reference to their 2 league titles, the fact they lost the title to Utd and the fact he doesn't want to hear about our glorious past.

Later in the day I rolled up and said "Let's not talk about the past, get's a bit tiring repeating myself. Let's talk about the future, mmm, How 'bout the Champions' League Final on the 23rd of May? Just think, you could have been in that if we hadn't beaten you for the 2nd time!" I drove off laughing, again!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

nice avatar red1028...how did you do that? :throw:
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #47: May 10, 2007 06:40:34 pm
      nice avatar red1028...how did you do that?

Easy! Right click on the picture, save image as, (in your LFC picture folder, if you have one. If not create one!)
      Then upload it in the "I'll upload my own picture" in your LFC.com profile, something like that!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #48: May 11, 2007 08:57:39 am
       :ernaehrung004: red1028...I might get around to doing that one day ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #49: May 11, 2007 09:15:56 am
      I must be really lucky as all my mates are really knowledgable about football and wouldn't last five minutes round here if they were knobheads, oh hang on I'm wrong, now I come to think of it some of them are Evertonians! ;)
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #50: May 11, 2007 09:53:22 am
      As I'm an old fart (61) anyone I talk to regularly about football is usually of my generation. Some of the younger ones astonish me with their lack of knowledge of the history of the game.

Far too many today allow blind loyalty to get in the way of an honest appreciation of quality performances - whoever produces them. It pisses me off TBH.

I think what's important first and foremost is to love the game. If your club plays the game how you believe the game ought to be played then you're happy or you should be!

If by playing the game the right way, things don't go your way then tough sh*t - that's life. What goes round comes round as they say.

The quality of the football is what's top of my "want" list.
      Unsurprisingly, when your football is of top drawer quality, trophies seem to take care of themeselves...
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #51: Sep 02, 2007 05:55:41 pm
      Today I have been proudly wearing my Red Liverpool Euro shirt, Blue 5x badge etc.
      I saw one guy checking it out nearby and a murmer "Nice Shirt!" drifted my way. Appreciation if not a little subdued!
      Then I almost had to run and hide.
      I was in Tesco Extra in Purley when a black guy spotted my shirt and shouted to his 2 mates with him:
      "Arrrrrr mate, we's just 'ad the best start eva 'cos we beat a team yesterday 6-0!"
      His mate said "Who was it?"
      His reply "Erm, who was it?  ??? I fink it was Bolton, yeah! That's right it was Bolton bruv!"
      Oh dear!  ::)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,499 posts | 8678 
      Reply #52: Sep 02, 2007 09:19:18 pm
      Alright Johnowhite good to see you on the board again.

You're boys have a had a slow start, wouldn't be anything to do with the three amigo's and their sexual escapades.

I bet fergie loved reading that this morning.

BTW not taking the mick and I know they're both good players, but can Rooney and Tevez play together, they seem to play quite similar, then again them two with Saha could be quite a combination
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #53: Sep 02, 2007 09:21:33 pm
      Alright Johnowhite good to see you on the board again.

Not sing July he hasn't been.  I wonder why!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,499 posts | 8678 
      Reply #54: Sep 02, 2007 09:25:46 pm
      I know just seen the date he posted after pressing post, oh well good to see shrek 2 still hasn't scored yet and did you see the supposed antics of the three tools, this anything with why Anderson only started his first game yesterday.

Totally off subject koolkodda, but lovely result today and can I get a "we're gonna win the league"

Jesus life felt good the last two days
      moz273
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | -1 
      Reply #55: Sep 04, 2007 11:32:10 am
      in the pub today in LA there were a tonne of newbie LFC fans wearing all the shirts and even though I love the strength in numbers the guys had no idea of the players or tactics or far MORE importanyly...the history of our glorious club? today will have given them a lesson, I hope.  Eddie C as always its a good topic to expose the frauds or at least give them a chance to get off their arse's and LEARN.....

I've got a few mates like that!! They follow the team every game like the rest of us, but they have no idea about football whatsoever and listening to them talk about what tactics Rafa should be employing is usually embarassing!!
      Stedearden1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #56: Sep 04, 2007 01:45:28 pm
      Ive got one for ya

My Brother, supposedly a liverpool supporter, didnt know torres had signed and still thinks owen plays for us
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #57: Sep 04, 2007 02:27:28 pm
      Ive got one for ya

My Brother, supposedly a liverpool supporter, didnt know torres had signed and still thinks owen plays for us

Tell him to hang his head in shame! :-\

One of my mates in St Frannies when I was a (younger) young'un was talking about England, and about Michael Owen starting to play for them (around the time of France '98)! He was talking him up, saying he's brilliant for Liverpool and England and said 'Owen is amazing! England had better not sell him!' :laugh: I near wet meself, the soft sod! Still pull him up about this 9 years later!
      Red Hot Chilli Capsicum
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #58: Sep 05, 2007 06:53:31 pm
      One which I got off a forum (mentioning no names):
      What I don't get is that if Ronaldo is Portuguese and plays for Portugal and all that, how can he play for Manchester United who are English? How can you play for an English club if you're Portuguese, surely the FA should do something about this!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #59: Sep 06, 2007 01:01:52 pm
      What I don't get is that if Ronaldo is Portuguese and plays for Portugal and all that, how can he play for Manchester United who are English? How can you play for an English club if you're Portuguese, surely the FA should do something about this!

;D

that reminds me of my ex, she thought Beckham wouldnt be able to play for England when he moved to Madrid!! gotta lover really (she also belived me when I said the were building a bridge from England to America!) bless her :)

what an idiot tho there are some very stupid football fans about.....
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #60: Sep 06, 2007 01:47:36 pm
      We've got the same problem here in South Africa. The prem is massive here, but unfortunately lots of idiot, glory hunting fans about who havent a clue...the vast majority being Manure supporters...
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #61: Sep 08, 2007 10:37:05 am
      Someone I work with, who alledgedly supports Pompey, asked me yesterday, "Who have Liverpool got tomorrow?"
      I pointed out to him that there's no Premier League today due to Internationals, he was like "Oh yeah", and then went on to ask who we've got next week!!!
      I just laughed and walked away from him 
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #62: Sep 08, 2007 01:10:28 pm
      One bloke at work says he supports Liverpool. Now in all honesty I know he does really but 2 things have made me very curious of his loyalties.
      In reference the most famous night in recent history this bloke said "Is that the one we won in Turkey?" Okaaaaaay! Which planet are you from?!  ::)
      His other gem was telling me he had bet against Liverpool beating Barcelona at the Nou Camp... A Liverpool supporter thinking it was more important to line his pockets with money than see his team progress in the Champions League  ??? :tosser:
      I didn't speak to him for a week (even though we won!)

And today it got worse but the culprit was not this guy but a C#££$£^ fan.
      He said to me (get this, it's weird)
      "If we (the chavs) beat you (LFC 5x Champs) then you have to wear a chav top all day or vice versa if we lose".
      My answer - "I would not let you near any of my Liverpool tops, they wouldn't fit you you fat b*$t**rd, plus you're not worthy to wear one! And if one of you're tops was near me I would throw it on the floor, spit on it and stamp on it!"
      well done, but with the betting situation I think you should have rubbed it in, how much did he pay?
      We've got the same problem here in South Africa. The prem is massive here, but unfortunately lots of idiot, glory hunting fans about who havent a clue...the vast majority being Manure supporters...
      Same is AUS mate, no one knows what they talk about even our, "former players" who think they know everything about Football, talk sh*t, including Robbie Slater who has actually played in the league.  Yeh so anyway, when at school i told  someone (So called LFC supporter) about Gerrard's broken toe, It was News to him after 2 days of Gerrard braking it!
      KarenB
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #63: Sep 11, 2007 05:03:32 am
      Wa

Michel Platini by any chance?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #64: Nov 20, 2007 06:35:59 pm
      I have a mate who always puts his foot in it, basically because he is thick.

He once went shopping, took his trolley round the supermarket, paid and bagged up his shopping, then parked his trolley up in the trolley rack before getting his bags out.
      Appartently, he stood there for a while trying to work out how to get his bags out of the small gap left.

He couldn't understand why helicopters didn't have the same ejector seats like fighter jets have.

He also asked if it was safe to drink the tap water in Torquay, because he was far away from home.

His name.......Ronald MacDonald
      His team.......Everton

and that's gospel truth.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #65: Nov 20, 2007 06:42:00 pm
      I have a mate who always puts his foot in it, basically because he is thick.

He once went shopping, took his trolley round the supermarket, paid and bagged up his shopping, then parked his trolley up in the trolley rack before getting his bags out.
      Appartently, he stood there for a while trying to work out how to get his bags out of the small gap left.

He couldn't understand why helicopters didn't have the same ejector seats like fighter jets have.

He also asked if it was safe to drink the tap water in Torquay, because he was far away from home.

His name.......Ronald MacDonald
      His team.......Everton

and that's gospel truth.

:lmao: :lmao:  Tommo, thats soooo funny !!  I can just see him trying to squeeze his shopping out of the trolley !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #66: Nov 20, 2007 08:10:12 pm
      Pure class that Tommo. Love it.  :D
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #67: Nov 20, 2007 10:58:11 pm
      The premiership is heavy here in Nigeria. But truth be told, People have different focus level, different involvement level. there are some cats out here in nigeria that live and breathe their clubs and they're ready to go to war for their clubs, others are more quiet but well grounded about theirs love for their club. Some know the history of the club, others just love the club and the games as it is now. the common denominator is the passion. A fan is important.

But you cant place a bet against your own club. That wack
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #68: Nov 21, 2007 08:38:59 am
      But you cant place a bet against your own club. That wack

I know a few people that do this, they say it 'softens the blow' if they lose. I couldn't do it myself, any money won would feel dirty & I wouldn't enjoy spending it.

Quick Reply