Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Lucas Leiva
      (19.1%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (21.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (16.7%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (31.5%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (3.5%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Man United: Post-Match Pride

Read 58461 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Man United: Post-Match Pissup!
      Reply #161: Oct 25, 2009 06:12:45 pm
      Semple grow up!

I'm a Liverpool fan you n*b and I just want the best for our club.

Just haven't heard from you in a while.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #162: Oct 25, 2009 06:12:45 pm
      Every player was on the money today.

Bang on. Not a poor perfomance out of our lads, not one.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #163: Oct 25, 2009 06:14:48 pm
      Sorry? Was he on the pitch? (;D)? I am buggered if I saw him.
      Oh of course he was, it was him him arguing with the referee !!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,222 posts | 3393 
      Reply #164: Oct 25, 2009 06:16:29 pm
      Fan F***ing tastic.

The lads did us proud today, everyone of them can be proud of that performance. Dominated them all over the pitch, can't fault any of the boys at all.

Carra for me was the man of the match, just stopped everything that went near him. Won everything in the air. Some of the tackles he made were like Carra of old. Proven that he isn't past it.

Middle of the park was easily ours. Both Lucas and Masch drove us forward and did their jobs defensively. It was the sort of performance from both that should the norm, up and down the pitch giving us quality as well as not forgetting the defensive side. Probably the best performance they've played as a pair since the 4-1 win at Old Trafford.

Up top, well give him a chance and he'll score. Same applies to Torres as well as Ngog ;)

Atmosphere was as good as it's been all season.

Now time to kick on and keep going.

Another extremely proud day to be a Red.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #165: Oct 25, 2009 06:19:09 pm
      Now that i have composed myself after what was the best match of the season performance wise for Liverpool... Tactically again Rafa ruined Fergie and it just shows what an amazing tactician he is... Also the defence was superb and good to see Carra back playing the way he can lets just hope he sustains that quality of performance. Also was it just me or did Lucas make Scholes look out of his depth..?? Well in Lucas lad Rafa obviously sees something in you and to doubt him would be criminal... And Torres well isn't Torres just amazing not much players would have his motivation to do what he does even after his torrid season last year with injuries A certain Kewell just threw his Liverpool career in but not our Torres he is just by far the best at what he does SCORING GOALS!!! Did anyone else see sh*t stain on Vidic's pants and I'm pretty sure he just wants to play rugby last two times he has played against us he has been sent off for rugby tackles... Best defender in the world my arse ::) ::) Also lets just get behind the team because we can only go onwards and upwards after that today.... :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #166: Oct 25, 2009 06:19:40 pm
      That was in answer to he question was they are still looking for Rooney
      Sorry? Was he on the pitch? (;D)? I am buggered if I saw him.
      Oh of course he was, it was him him arguing with the referee !!
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #167: Oct 25, 2009 06:21:18 pm
      i hate gary neville
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Reply #168: Oct 25, 2009 06:21:43 pm
      Aurello was my MOTM
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #169: Oct 25, 2009 06:25:43 pm

Would have been mine too, had Carragher not put in a shift and a half to silence the critics.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #170: Oct 25, 2009 06:25:53 pm
      Delighted with the performance today - this is more like it.  It justy clicked.

Masch and Lucas in the centre were Amazing.  Best I've seen Lucas play.

Dirk Kuyt played his best game.  Rafa - play him up-top all the time.

Yossi - what a player he is.  Aurelio, great game...Every player was on the money today.

Good to see positiveness from ya mate. Even the toughest critics can't help come out with a win like this ;)

Good points to, agree on all. Was well proud of Dirk, him behind and Yossi on the right worked wonders, were a constant menace to the defense.

Lucas was brilliant, the midfield completely dominated. Manure's was not there.

Can't wait to watch this one again!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #171: Oct 25, 2009 06:26:45 pm
      Keith Singleton is a bit quiet isn't he?

Thought he would have been on congratulating us  :laugh:
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #172: Oct 25, 2009 06:27:29 pm
      I agree Torres is top world class (if not the best)!!
      A superb striker who is still learning his trade in the Premiership and he is coming to terms not to let himself get niggled and side tracked by opposition players !!
      Now that I have composed myself after what was the best match of the season performance wise for Liverpool... Tactically again Rafa ruined Fergie and it just shows what an amazing tactician he is... Also the defence was superb and good to see Carra back playing the way he can lets just hope he sustains that quality of performance. Also was it just me or did Lucas make Scholes look out of his depth..?? Well in Lucas lad Rafa obviously sees something in you and to doubt him would be criminal... And Torres well isn't Torres just amazing not much players would have his motivation to do what he does even after his torrid season last year with injuries A certain Kewell just threw his Liverpool career in but not our Torres he is just by far the best at what he does SCORING GOALS!!! Did anyone else see sh*t stain on Vidic's pants and I'm pretty sure he just wants to play rugby last two times he has played against us he has been sent off for rugby tackles... Best defender in the world my arse ::) ::) Also lets just get behind the team because we can only go onwards and upwards after that today.... :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #173: Oct 25, 2009 06:28:22 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #174: Oct 25, 2009 06:28:44 pm
      Keith Singleton is a bit quiet isn't he?

Thought he would have been on congratulating us  :laugh:

He is still torn between being happy or sad, i really think he is a closet Liverpool man :D
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #175: Oct 25, 2009 06:30:07 pm
      Well what a performance! First of I'm surpirised Mascherano isn't in the poll, I thought he was back to his best today.

What won it today was Rafa's tactics. I don't know but did anyone else seem to think that a lot of the time attacking we were playing where the full-backs were pulled back and defended by Aurelio and Kuyt while Lucas was allowed to burst forward and help the attack with Benayoun and Torres? That's the way it seemed to me but the lads were allowed to roam so much more than usual, how often could you see Nando on the right wing, Yossi on the left, Lucas in the hole etc. Fergie didn't have a rats what to do to counter it.

My man of the match was Benayoun, consistently brilliant as he has been for nearly a year now, but a special mention goes out to Lucas. What a display, he was allowed to get forward much more and delivered much more than the usual sideways pass. Showed how important a player playing well in the engine room is to a team. Has to do it more often but for now I can say he played brilliantly.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #176: Oct 25, 2009 06:31:25 pm
      Where's Aurelio as an option on this thread? Give the man some credit! :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #177: Oct 25, 2009 06:32:07 pm
      Well what a performance! First of I'm surpirised Mascherano isn't in the poll, I thought he was back to his best today.

What won it today was Rafa's tactics. I don't know but did anyone else seem to think that a lot of the time attacking we were playing where the full-backs were pulled back and defended by Aurelio and Kuyt while Lucas was allowed to burst forward and help the attack with Benayoun and Torres? That's the way it seemed to me but the lads were allowed to roam so much more than usual, how often could you see Nando on the right wing, Yossi on the left, Lucas in the hole etc. Fergie didn't have a rats what to do to counter it.

My man of the match was Benayoun, consistently brilliant as he has been for nearly a year now, but a special mention goes out to Lucas. What a display, he was allowed to get forward much more and delivered much more than the usual sideways pass. Showed how important a player playing well in the engine room is to a team. Has to do it more often but for now I can say he played brilliantly.
      Where's Aurelio as an option on this thread? Give the man some credit! :)

Added.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #178: Oct 25, 2009 06:32:27 pm
      Magnificent performance today..I am certainly gonna enjoy this one for a long time!!
      It was a great team performance...however special mention must be made of the excellent performance of our midfield.

Very well done to Rafa and the boys... Long may it continue!
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #179: Oct 25, 2009 06:33:45 pm
      ha the state of the mutant
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #180: Oct 25, 2009 06:34:18 pm

Could have put the full eleven today.

I thought Kuyt was brilliant, he isn't even in the list! :D Shows how good we were all across the park.

Bouncing, here! :D
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #181: Oct 25, 2009 06:34:19 pm
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #182: Oct 25, 2009 06:36:38 pm
      YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Take that united you F***ing scum!!!!
      It had to be the turning point for us and we came out and played the way we all knew we could, was screaming and shouting for the ref to blow the whistle thought manure were going to snatch it like the jammy cu*ts do!! but we road the storm and caught them a second time hahaha serves them right.

Well done Rafa and the boys lets keep it going and correct our season.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #183: Oct 25, 2009 06:37:15 pm
       :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quick Reply