Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Lucas Leiva
      (19.1%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (21.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (16.7%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (31.5%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (3.5%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Man United: Post-Match Pride

Read 58454 times
      nh2avn
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Man United: Post-Match Pissup!
      Reply #115: Oct 25, 2009 05:26:18 pm
      3 times beaten continuously, how do you think, Sir. Fergie? Blame on referee again or shut your big mouth up?
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #116: Oct 25, 2009 05:26:23 pm
      Na that was only the small minority Liverpool fans and the press. We all stand by rafa. If we didn't then we certainly do now.

not here we were'nt.. the faith was kept on here

Many people on this forum were also quite anti-Rafa. As for the media, not a small minority, but the whole of it. I hardly saw an article supporting Rafa.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #117: Oct 25, 2009 05:27:05 pm
      Anyone got any links to the highlights? I was in work :(
      Probably on MOTD2 tonight mate.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #118: Oct 25, 2009 05:27:12 pm
      What about that point blank free kick from Aurellio, F**k me van der Sar sh*t himself
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #119: Oct 25, 2009 05:27:33 pm
      http://www.facebook.com/BigV1?ref=profile

Check out my profile picture at the moment :D
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #120: Oct 25, 2009 05:28:01 pm
      quality
      Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #121: Oct 25, 2009 05:28:58 pm
      Great result!
      Went absolutely mad after that second goal!
      What a game and what an atmosphere. Well done to everbody out there, from the fans to the players.
      This was exactly what we needed.
      Now of to celebrate..... :kop5cf8koxp6:
      :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #122: Oct 25, 2009 05:30:32 pm
      Haha nice one Big V, look at the joy on Reinas face, Awesome  :D
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #123: Oct 25, 2009 05:30:39 pm
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #124: Oct 25, 2009 05:31:16 pm
      Rafael Benitez? Or Paul Daniels in disguise? When a rabbit needs to be pulled out of the hat, Rafa never disappoints. Excellent result, and an excellent TEAM performance from the lads. Totally dominated them all over the park. Rafa has received a lot of criticism from various posters on the forum this last week, so how about you congratulate him for setting his stall out perfectly today and nullifying United all over the park. He is the master tactician, so how about you pat him on the back instead of stabbing him in it.

The back four was awesome. Did anyone else notice how Johnson was totally focused on his defensive game today? Think Rafa had a word with him. He very rarely ventured to the byline and was solid in defence, excellent to see. Carra was Carra again, and it was great to see. Plenty of big hits and his tackle on Nani to start the move for Ngog's goal was vintage Carra! Great to see Agger come through another 90 minutes, such a reassuring figure to be around. Agger will become the next Alan Hansen, mark my words, plays with a maturity way beyond his years. Insua had a couple of scary moments, but he kept going and Aurelio helped him out no end. Exactly what you expect a TEAM player to do.

Our midfield totally outclassed theirs. Scholes and Carrick were anonymous for the whole game, and that says an awful lot about how defensively well Lucas played, he fought well and worked hard. Could still do with some shooting practise though! Mascherano was Mascherano again, whenever there's a danger, Mascherano snuffs it out with deadly precision. He's slowly starting to become the Monster from last season. Aurelio played well also, worked extremely hard for the team, helped Insua out no end, so unlucky with that free kick too! Kuyt, as industrious as ever, never gives up, still got that hesitancy problem with his first touch though.

Yossi Benayoun, that pass for Torres' goal! The way he threaded that ball between Evra and Vidic was sublime, millimetre perfect. That creative spark was only ever going to come from him, constantly probing and looking for gaps. My man of the match.

N'Gog, an excellent finish under pressure and an excellent reply to his critics on the back of the Lyon game (i myself was one of those critics!). The goal can only breed confidence in him, let's hope he can kick on from here.

And Torres? Well, what more can I say? One chance, one goal. The best striker in the Premier League? The f**king best striker in the Universe more like! I think Ferdinand and Vidic wore nappies today! Wankers! Rio is no slouch, but Torres made him look like a tortoise for that goal. You could see throughout the match that neither of them were keen to pick him up.

I haven't mentioned Reina yet, not much to say really as our defence totally shut them out. Our player of the season so far, so nice for him to have a rest.

What makes a Liverpool player different from any other player is the teamwork and family ethic. When N'Gog scored the second goal the cameras panned to the Liverpool dugout, Fernando Torres was delirious, Andriy Voronin had a face like a slapped arse. Don't need to say any more there, do I?

Anyway, well done lads, three in a row against the Manc scum, the tide is turning. With Gerrard and Aquilani due to come back, things are looking a lot better this evening.

Well done Rafa, you'll always have my backing, 'cos I know you love this club like the rest of us do. And anyone who has the audacity to think otherwise, then please feel free to go and support another team.

This is the Liverpool Way, through thick and thin, we stick together. Unity is going to be the key to our success.

One more thing, Fergie, have some of that you dirty, filthy, scabby, alcoholic whiskey nosed c**t!
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2009 06:08:47 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #125: Oct 25, 2009 05:32:03 pm
      reckon there will be a few floating about in the next few days
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #126: Oct 25, 2009 05:33:56 pm
      reckon it could be on youtube now
      I'll check now nice one ;)
      Probably on MOTD2 tonight mate.

I can't wait till half 10 hahaha
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #127: Oct 25, 2009 05:33:56 pm
      I've come to join the party.  bit late as my 6 year old wanted to go into the back garden to re enact the 2 MAGNIFICANT goals we scored today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typically i had to be Van de sar! and he was Torres and Ngog.  Worth it though.  especially after all the sh*t from the media this last week.  They can take their filthy rags and shove them up their arses..... Sideways!!!!

Has anyone heard from Richobaz??????????????????????????????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #128: Oct 25, 2009 05:34:31 pm
      I think I enjoyed it today...I think...damn it yes I did...I bloody loved it...and to see the Mancs doing their usual ref baiting cames as no surprise. Jamie deserved the booking but there were covering defenders so no red...as for Vidic it was same tackle and yellow so the knobhead paid for his earlier fouling.
      All in all I think the team did well and no offence to Stevie G at least this time they got their heads round him not being there and played as a team.
      C'mon you reds!!!
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #129: Oct 25, 2009 05:36:05 pm
      Many people on this forum were also quite anti-Rafa. As for the media, not a small minority, but the whole of it. I hardly saw an article supporting Rafa.
      I meant the minority of fans, not the media. The whole of the media was criticising rafa, that was obvious. They've been silenced now
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #130: Oct 25, 2009 05:36:24 pm
      forgot that my bets came in as well got all three correct ( a freak result for me).
      torres to score first
      2-0
      liverpool to win..
      Thank yo very much mr betfair
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1647 
      Reply #131: Oct 25, 2009 05:36:36 pm
      Cracking result! Could have been more if it weren't for VDS. Every player today put in a top quality performance, but Carra was MOTM for me, but his body on the line and did everything he could for us.

Two fantastic finishes, and just shows that we should never write this team off.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #132: Oct 25, 2009 05:36:58 pm
      i am just so proud of the fans today. b4 the game we got our point across to the yank pricks that there not wanted but in the stadium we were 110% behind the team. in the interview after Benitez called the fans the 12th man and also ol' whiskey nose said they might of been intimidated by the atmosphere so if you ask me the fans were the men of the match, well done.
      Great performance by Benny and I hope he gets the credit he deserves now from Rafa, he should be a regular week in week out, he makes things happen, what a gem. Carragher was class, back to his best, putting himself 100% into every tackle like a true warrior. Not much to say bout Torres except we love you Nando always.
      What an average side utd are if you get at them like we did 2day and hopefully other teams will stop giving them the respect they dont deserve. With Aquilani and gerrard to come back its happy days and i really believe we can push from here, cmon you brilliant reds, YNWA.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #133: Oct 25, 2009 05:37:42 pm
      Voronin's face after the second goal...not a flicker of joy. We need a squad of players who care for each other and the club...Bye bye vero in january!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #134: Oct 25, 2009 05:38:17 pm
      Just back from Anfield. Ok game. Atmosphere wasnt too bad...

... ;) F***ing GET IN YOU BEAUTYS!!
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #135: Oct 25, 2009 05:39:19 pm
      Voronin's face after the second goal...not a flicker of joy. We need a squad of players who care for each other and the club...Bye bye vero in january!
      i reckon he just realised he has'nt a chance of getting in now.. January will be intersting.. reckon he will be on the plane to germany again
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #136: Oct 25, 2009 05:40:06 pm
      Just back from Anfield. Ok game. Atmosphere wasnt too bad...

... ;) F***ing GET IN YOU BEAUTYS!!

yeah seemed quiet on the telly alright :lmao:
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #137: Oct 25, 2009 05:40:51 pm
      Today was a day for nerve, we kept ours they didn't, we were immence out there, and the will to win shone through every player in Red. YNWA..

Quick Reply