Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Carling Cup: Arsenal 2 - 1 Liverpool Post Match Grumble

Read 33973 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Carling Cup: Arsenal 2 - 1 Liverpool Post Match Grumble
      Reply #207: Oct 29, 2009 12:30:26 am
      And I would just like to say - I bet there's a lot of Lucas 'haters' that would have loved him to play tonight instead of Plessis. Sorry to be negative about Plessis, but after watching his performance, you can surely see the world of difference between a prospect and a first team player? And Lucas is a first team player.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #208: Oct 29, 2009 12:31:56 am
      I think we would have won if we had Lucas in there. I really do.

Our midfield was awful today and lacked that fight and grit Lucas brings.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #209: Oct 29, 2009 12:33:51 am
      Totally agree chats. With some of those bursting runs we would have had a couple of goals against their defence tonight.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #210: Oct 29, 2009 12:39:34 am
      The only thing that is a disgrace at the moment is some of the comments and slagging of fellow reds on this thread.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,128 posts | 3375 
      Reply #211: Oct 29, 2009 12:40:03 am
      DLS, just settle a little mate. I fully respect your opinion and when i make mine i don't wanna be told to F**k off. I wouldn't sit there motionless, any game Liverpool play i am passionate as ever, and once i got out of my exam today and was on the bus watching the sky sports score ticker on my iPhone praying for a goal. And if it had been scored, i would have probably scared half the bus with my usual loud shouts of elation when Liverpool does score.
      But, what im saying is when we lose in this competition i find it hard to get to worried when i look at our second string team that is out there. How am i meant to take it too seriously when our manager obviously doesn't? I am not showing disrespect, i respect the history of the competition and all that, and the 7 trophies are a great achievement by our club. But i would much rather be leading the FA Cup winners list, as that one means more to me. And thats just it, its not that i don't respect it. It's just down the list in what i want most. And if that is wrong in your eyes, fair enough. But don't tell me to F**k off. Because i often see things written by you and do not agree, but i see where you are coming from to form your opinion and think hey, fair do's as to why you think that, i just don't agree. So when i say, hey im disappointed we lost, but im not to worried as there are better things to play for, then don't have a go like ya did. You can disagree, but maybe in a bit more civilized way. Because when people swear at me when they try to make an opinion, i take no notice.

Babel - I used to be a big fan, now i couldn't give a F**k. If we sold him for 5 million we would be doing well, because he aint worth anything IMO.

Voronin - F**k. I just don't even wanna say it. Useless c**t.

Plessis - Never seen anything in him, and on a day it was announced he has signed a new deal, it sounds like he really disappointed.

Firstly I'd like to say sorry if it came across as telling you personally to F**k off, I didn't mean it like that. When I said F**k off, it was because the Carling Cup has gone not because of what you'd said. Now whether people don't wanna overly worry about it, or anything like that, I do. It hurts me to the point where I can't make out it doesn't, I'm just not capable of doing so. I can't just brush it off like it's alright, in the same way I can't hold back from being over the moon when we win, whether that be against United, Barcelona or Havant. A win for this club drives me ecstatic, a defeat drives me crazy and I do get wound up when people make out 'it's only the Carling Cup'. Because I don't see it like that, I see it as a defeat to the club I love, the club I've loved for 18 years and will continue to love for as long as I'm breathing. If we'd won, it wouldn't of only been the Carling Cup because everybody would be getting ready, excited, for the draw at the weekend.

I don't see anything for this club as 'only'. I know you, and probably everybody else, wanted us to win just as badly as I did. And when we don't, it hurts me too much to think of it as 'only' something. Because at the end of the day, it's 'only' a defeat for Liverpool Football Club and that just isn't gonna sit well with me.

If I was asked at the start of the season, do you wanna win the League more or the League Cup? Well like every Liverpool fan, I'd take the Premiership any day over the Carling, but that's only more than the Carling Cup. I wanna win everything, and think we should because in my eyes we are the greatest club in the world. I'm not distraught because we've lost to Arsenal or because we're out of the League Cup, what's eating away at me is that we lost full stop. Any defeat hurts me and I'm not gonna pretend that it isn't because it's the League Cup.

So again, sorry if I got your back up by saying F**k off. I didn't mean it to.

And also sorry to anybody who got a bit fed up or annoyed at the petty argument earlier. Though what was said by my had to be said I shouldn't of made a public spat over it, and thankfully it's all died down now.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #212: Oct 29, 2009 12:45:02 am
      Ok I've read every post in this thread because I anticipated that it would be an emotive topic if we lost.As always in my 44 years supporting this club, we are always passionate about our results.Some hate to lose any game, because we are the mighty Liverpool(glass half empty mentality).Others find acceptable excuse,doesn't matter, other and better comps to win(glass half full mentality).The truth of the matter is that we all care about Liverpool Football Club, and our "Liverpool way" is to unite and support each other despite our differences, and attack the people who really mean us harm.So DLS and all other protagonists in this argument, shake the internet hands because we are proud of you all.At least we have the balls to air our views and then move on,YNWA.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #213: Oct 29, 2009 12:47:31 am
      Well said RedRoy.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,128 posts | 3375 
      Reply #214: Oct 29, 2009 12:49:42 am
      Ok I've read every post in this thread because I anticipated that it would be an emotive topic if we lost.As always in my 44 years supporting this club, we are always passionate about our results.Some hate to lose any game, because we are the mighty Liverpool(glass half empty mentality).Others find acceptable excuse,doesn't matter, other and better comps to win(glass half full mentality).The truth of the matter is that we all care about Liverpool Football Club, and our "Liverpool way" is to unite and support each other despite our differences, and attack the people who really mean us harm.So DLS and all other protagonists in this argument, shake the internet hands because we are proud of you all.At least we have the balls to air our views and then move on,YNWA.

To be honest mate it's all died down now. Everybody seems to have their say on the matter, and it's all done with.

Most of it wasn't to do with the match, it was just something that was building up and needed saying. It's been boiling up for a few months now, finally just blew tonight. But like I said, all died down now and back to peace with the world. (we hope)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #215: Oct 29, 2009 12:51:22 am
      And I would just like to say - I bet there's a lot of Lucas 'haters' that would have loved him to play tonight instead of Plessis. Sorry to be negative about Plessis, but after watching his performance, you can surely see the world of difference between a prospect and a first team player? And Lucas is a first team player.

Plessis would make a steaming pile of sh*t in midfield look good i reckon ;) But i see what you mean, Lucas really is coming into his own now i believe and the difference is there for the world to see. Even Ray Charles would see the difference. Never seen anything in Plessis, and the fact he signed a new deal just before this game depresses me even more. Let's hope that means we can demand as much as we can get when he is sold though :D

And DLS, no worries mate. I see where the F**k off was directed now ;) And i hope i made it clear either in that comment or the one in the other thread about "it is only the carling cup" that my reason for saying that is purely in perspective to other competitions. I'm still gutted we lost because i hate it when we lose. It really is a kick in the nuts for me and i don't take any loss for Liverpool as "only" either. But when we lose narrowly with a side that was, in respect to our first team, weak, then i can't work myself up to much. I try to be positive, and think about how we just beat manure on the weekend, and think hey, it aint all bad. Disappointed we aren't in the competition anymore, but just not nearly as disappointed as when we finally lost out in the league last year. Because i had tears in my eyes when that happened, today i simply felt disappointed. Think that's the best way to sum it up.

A lot of respect for how passionate you are though DLS, and when i finally get the money for a trip to Liverpool for a match i would gladly buy you a beer.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #216: Oct 29, 2009 12:54:13 am
      Cheers mate, taking the piss is one thing but personal abuse,when we all care about the same thing is another.Like you DLS is one of the leading lights on this forum, and whilst you might not agree with the comments you can argue in a constructive way.As for Ross he's a top young bloke who deserves to have the piss ripped out of him at every opportunity, that's what happened to me when I was 18 and full of myself.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #217: Oct 29, 2009 12:57:31 am
      Ok to be honest I haven't read all of the posts on this thread for fear of some of the negativity that will be inevitably on here but I have to say I've never taken a defeat in such good spirits. Firstly we put out pretty much a reserve away to an arsenal side that has to be respected for its depth if nothing else and were unlucky to be beaten. Secondly, considering he only played a small part in the game, Aquilani has left me bursting with anticipation. Every time he got the ball he looked dangerous and, without meaning to harp on the past, a couple of his passes tonight were almost carbon copies of what Xabi would do in that situation. Thirdly, our young players never really looked to out of their depth tonight and Insua in particular got over a couple of shaky performances to put in a good game and score a cracking goal. To be honest the only players tonight that dissapointed me were Babel, Voronin and (if I'm being hyper critical because he did look a bit shaky on one or two occasions) Cavalieri. All in all even though we lost, it still feels like we should be optimistic at what we've seen tonight....or at least thats how I felt anyway!! YNWA
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #218: Oct 29, 2009 12:58:53 am
      To be honest mate it's all died down now. Everybody seems to have their say on the matter, and it's all done with.

Most of it wasn't to do with the match, it was just something that was building up and needed saying. It's been boiling up for a few months now, finally just blew tonight. But like I said, all died down now and back to peace with the world. (we hope)
      DLS keep taking the medicine fella, your'e doing no wrong by me.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,128 posts | 3375 
      Reply #219: Oct 29, 2009 12:59:07 am
      And DLS, no worries mate. I see where the F**k off was directed now ;) And i hope i made it clear either in that comment or the one in the other thread about "it is only the carling cup" that my reason for saying that is purely in perspective to other competitions. I'm still gutted we lost because i hate it when we lose. It really is a kick in the nuts for me and i don't take any loss for Liverpool as "only" either. But when we lose narrowly with a side that was, in respect to our first team, weak, then i can't work myself up to much. I try to be positive, and think about how we just beat manure on the weekend, and think hey, it aint all bad. Disappointed we aren't in the competition anymore, but just not nearly as disappointed as when we finally lost out in the league last year. Because i had tears in my eyes when that happened, today i simply felt disappointed. Think that's the best way to sum it up.

A lot of respect for how passionate you are though DLS, and when i finally get the money for a trip to Liverpool for a match i would gladly buy you a beer.

Fair dos mate.

I think the biggest differece is I don't think things through, I see a defeat and fly off the handle. I don't allow meself to calm down and put things into perspective. But that's just me, always has been.

And don't worry about the beer mate, I don't drink. Clouds your judgement ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #220: Oct 29, 2009 01:01:24 am
      Nice to see things are sorted now :)

Onwards to Saturday is what I say now!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #221: Oct 29, 2009 01:03:36 am
      Ok to be honest I haven't read all of the posts on this thread for fear of some of the negativity that will be inevitably on here but I have to say I've never taken a defeat in such good spirits. Firstly we put out pretty much a reserve away to an arsenal side that has to be respected for its depth if nothing else and were unlucky to be beaten. Secondly, considering he only played a small part in the game, Aquilani has left me bursting with anticipation. Every time he got the ball he looked dangerous and, without meaning to harp on the past, a couple of his passes tonight were almost carbon copies of what Xabi would do in that situation. Thirdly, our young players never really looked to out of their depth tonight and Insua in particular got over a couple of shaky performances to put in a good game and score a cracking goal. To be honest the only players tonight that dissapointed me were Babel, Voronin and (if I'm being hyper critical because he did look a bit shaky on one or two occasions) Cavalieri. All in all even though we lost, it still feels like we should be optimistic at what we've seen tonight....or at least thats how I felt anyway!! YNWA
      Podge mate you don't have to be defensive about reading every post,your'e views are equally relevent as anyone else on this forum.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #222: Oct 29, 2009 01:06:40 am
      Fair dos mate.

I think the biggest differece is I don't think things through, I see a defeat and fly off the handle. I don't allow meself to calm down and put things into perspective. But that's just me, always has been.

And don't worry about the beer mate, I don't drink. Clouds your judgement ;)

Passion mate, and their aint nothing wrong with it. I punched the door of me study/cafe thing at the college i go to on my way out after the Lyon loss and copped a bunch of weird looks :D

Lemon squash then ;)
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #223: Oct 29, 2009 01:11:58 am
      fazza come on board mate,you're obviously a true Red,welcome to the forum and keep expressing your views.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #224: Oct 29, 2009 01:14:34 am
      Man of the match?

Skrtel- Bossed the defence and made sure no-one got passed him

I agree with you on all more or less but skrtel's part. he was pretty much played through the game and by bint when he scored. not that much of an impressive night for the slovak
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #225: Oct 29, 2009 01:19:34 am
      Just saw the Insua goal. And then picked up me jaw. F***ing spectacular!!

Best thing Babel has done all season, give the ball to someone else instead of try himself :D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #226: Oct 29, 2009 01:24:41 am
      im sorry ive offended you brooklyn but I dont see how.

if I supported some baseball team in the US, and came on their forum, and saw a comment from you that said 'the majority of our fans dont like this baseball player'

then I responded and said how can you say that because im in the UK and I like him

and then you responded by saying well mate I hear the opinions of the fans closer to home than you do..

would I take offense? personally no. I wouldnt mate

but im sorry if ive offended you, im not saying your opnions arent valid or that your not a red.

I dont even no how its come down to this going on about whoose a red and whoose not. some1s jus said its childish - something I have put in two of my posts earlier tonight.

some are just b*ITCHIN for an argument tonight, and yes ive been involved, but 90% of the time just defending myself from somebody attacking me

I'm offended in the sense that you've said twice (at least) that a non-Liverpudlian's opinion isn't one you're concerned with. Fair enough. That's your perogative.

Secondly, I'd welcome your opinions about baseball. You aren't from New York, but I'd listen to what you have to say about the Yankees as openly as I would nyone else.

I'm digressing from this moment forward. I'm too old to be in pissing contests over trivial matters. Bygones andwater under the bridge and all that...
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #227: Oct 29, 2009 02:56:26 am
      Just saw the Insua goal. And then picked up me jaw. F***ing spectacular!!

Best thing Babel has done all season, give the ball to someone else instead of try himself :D

i agree! next time babel when you get the ball pass. Also i have to say Philip Degen played very well in my opinion, getting forward many times and making some spectacular runs.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      Reply #228: Oct 29, 2009 03:31:49 am
      can i just say fair play to the 5000 who made the trip, good noise people
      lfc232005
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #229: Oct 29, 2009 03:35:49 am
      Just got back and up for work at 7... aquilani looks class.  Babel had a shocker. 

Nite all!

Quick Reply