Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

An Erratic Season...top 4 a possibility?

Read 4651 times
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Re: An Erratic Season...top 4 a possibility?
      Reply #46: Nov 18, 2010 05:17:18 am
      well it doesnt look like it think we will get about 45 pts just enough to keep us up. but soccer  in the premier league is topsy turvy and injuries a big variable. but we lack depth and consistancy so i would say no quite frankly.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #47: Nov 22, 2010 04:45:04 pm
      Honestly who knows?  Its been crazy for the whole table. We were in relegation now were looking at a CL spot. Their seems to be a massive dose of parity going on right now. If you look at the last month with the top teams we can still challenge for the title. I think its a long shot, but its a real possibility.

In a way I like it.  It was nice being a top four team every year and challenge for the title.  I think always seeing Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal was getting a bit boring. It might be seen as blasphemy on this forum but I like the competition. I want to see more teams compete and I like the Parity.  I dont ever want to see Liverpool lose, but I like seeing good matches and I like the skill and competition from the traditionally, "mid-tier" teams.

I think its good for the EPL that teams like Bolton, Sunderland, Stoke competing. I like the underdogs. I like seeing Newcastle back and competing. Does it make a title harder to win? Yeah, probably. But I think it makes for better Football. Who would of guessed that in November Bolton were 3 point from a CL spot?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Nov 22, 2010 04:53:46 pm
      As I have said not a F***ing hope with Hodgson as manager, when we finish about 9th him and his F***ing media buddies will be crowing what an achievement it is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Nov 22, 2010 04:54:18 pm
      A team has to be able to perform both home and away to be able to consider themselves top 4 contenders. We do not thanks to Woy's philosophy.
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #50: Nov 22, 2010 06:46:50 pm
      with roy if we achieve  10th....that would be great!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #51: Nov 22, 2010 08:24:35 pm
      Here we go  ;D

I'm expecting alot of flak for this, but as the title asks ''is a top 4 spot a possibility?'' well my answer to the question is yes, of course we can, most of the posts above are saying ''not with RH in charge we won't'' but, and it is a big but, i think we can regardless if Roy is here or not, i am quite aware i could be digging a big hole for myself but if i'm wrong, who the F**k cares, as the first part of the thread suggests an erratic season and thats exactly why we can, there is absolutely no guarantee of anything for any club this season, the Chavs were cruising up until a few weeks ago, the Arse were looking good too and even the yids have been impressive of late, worringly its the Mancs who are the team to watch after their extremely favourable start to their season and their usual strong finish.

We have had a nightmare of which we are still waking up from, but i think we will get better and better as the season gets older, despite Roy's negative and defensive mindset i still believe we can acheive a CL spot, there have been signs of late that we are starting to play better and things are coming together, albeit, slowly, the way we dispatched the Hammers at the weekend was encouraging, the passing, the link up play etc, its obvious that using a partner up front with Nando works and gives the opposition defence something else to think about, also playing Raul in CM is a must whether alongside Gerrard or Lucas every game, we also need to use width to spread play and to get behind defenses.

This all makes sense but the thing is will Roy implement it? i think we all know the likelyhood of it actually happening is slim, but i remain the ultimate optimist, i certainly believe a CL spot is possible, to me there is too much negativity not only from Roy but also in this forum, its easy to see why but if you give out negativity then negativity will reflect back, more positivity is highly recommended, hope you read this Roy ??
                                 YNWA

INCOMING!!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #52: Nov 22, 2010 08:48:54 pm
      Love your optimism mate, I would love us to get a top four spot with or without Roy, all the top teams are dropping points, so anything is possible? And as for incoming, your entitled to your own opinion, so people should respect that.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #53: Nov 22, 2010 08:59:25 pm
      Yes its a strange season so far with everybody taking points off each other but will we finish top 4?

Not for me if Hodgson is in charge, think we have a good enough team to do so but we simpy wont pick up enough points away from home!

Quick Reply