Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC v Milan Score Prediction (you must log in to vote)

Liverpool to win in 90 mins
      35 (66%)
      Liverpool to win in extra time
      9 (17%)
      Liverpool to win on penalties
      4 (7.5%)
      Liverpool to lose
      3 (5.7%)
      We shoot the person who voted us to lose
      2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: May 24, 2007 06:55:35 pm

European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion

Read 41522 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07)
      Reply #46: May 04, 2007 10:52:41 am

No link yet as it was on TV all we need now is Charlie to get married and Ken and Deirdre to get married and a certain German in Rome to "resgin" and we're made. ::)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: May 04, 2007 11:09:44 am
      Liverpool to wear RED in Final, just anounced on SkySports ;D. AC Milan have decided to wear their White Shirts.
      YESSSSS I'M SO HAPPY!
      Even though I only have my new yellow shirt here, I don't care, the team should be playing in RED ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #48: May 04, 2007 11:17:33 am
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #49: May 04, 2007 12:31:03 pm
      Great..hopefully a good omen..
      gibbo6 times
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #50: May 04, 2007 02:13:55 pm
      Hopefully wearing red might charge guttuso up and make him act like a bull and get him sent off pretty early on. That would be great cause he took piss out of the mancs.
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #51: May 04, 2007 06:11:49 pm
      Good news we're in home kit again, just feels right doesn't it.  Have to wonder the reasons behind Milan choosing to wear white though, as if they want everything just the same as 2005.  I have to say Milan look well fired up for this.  They made a slow start but after coming through Celtic they have got better as they've progressed.
      All said and done though there are plenty of players in our side that they need to look out for especially as most of our attacking players weren't there in Istanbul.  For me Milans defence is not as good this time round aswell as being 2 years older and they won't relish dealing with Kuyts workrate or Pennants direct style, if they start of course.   
      Jag
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #52: May 04, 2007 06:28:16 pm
      i am 150% sure that we will bring the trophy home, as long as we stay calm and collective on the pitch and to not get ahead of ourselves
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #53: May 04, 2007 06:40:32 pm
      Well the Milan players and staff are at it again.

Carlo Ancelotti had this to say: "Manchester utd are better than Liverpool, but liverpool are better Physically.
      Gennaro Gattuso had this to say: "Liverpool play like Italian teams 10 years ago, 1 striker and 10 men behind the ball. Every ball is a long ball. Manchester utd is a better team than liverpool he also said.

You would of thought they would of learnt by now not to underestimate us, but hey it worked for us 2 years ago! I'm happy to be the underdog!
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #54: May 04, 2007 08:16:56 pm
      milan are definitley worried about us with all this sh*te about man u bein a better team than us, they have been in the prem league but they have hardly set the world alight in champions league.where as we have beaten the current holders and the prem league champions not bad for a lucky long ball team? milans team is practically the same as last time where ours is much improved.A know they played well against man u but we are a much diffrent proposition and our style more suited to champions lge.we"ll see if gattuso has as much to say after he has chased gerrard around for 90 mins.hope milans lack of respect gets them a slap in the mouth like mr mourinhio got.roll on the 23rd.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #55: May 04, 2007 08:22:02 pm
      if we win, do we still have to play in the qualification round of the champions league?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #56: May 04, 2007 09:03:05 pm
      How about when you post a response to a topic you have the courtesy to relate to the previous persons post....you know have a discussion, arguement, disagreement....and so on.....this is a forum not a toilet where you just dump your 'point'....have enough respect for the person's before your's opinion?
      if we win, do we still have to play in the qualification round of the champions league?

You know Jakkeo...I'm not sure...I think 3 and 4th still have to qualify regardless of winning...I think that whole mystery was resolves after 2005
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #57: May 04, 2007 09:50:26 pm
      They're in Red. Oh and by the way, I was listening to Getting Better by the Beatles and I've decided we should make that our Champions League song if we win it.

im with you on that.

Lester, i dont THINK we have to play in the qualifying round if we win it but im not sure, i dont see why we should have to qualify to defend our title when we finished in UEFA's designated top 4, but yano what UEFA are like...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #58: May 04, 2007 11:09:55 pm
      As far as I know the winners qualify for the next season but have to still play a qualifying round, but it would depend on where they finish in their domestic league. This was  changed after our win in 2005, as we normally would not have qualified as we finished 5th.UEFA changed the rules to allow the winners to play the next season even if they finish outside the places I.e. 3rd or 4th depending on which league, thats why we had to start at the preliminary rounds last season. I know this is a bit long winded but coudn't think how I could shorten it!!!
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2007 11:46:53 pm by srslfc »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #59: May 04, 2007 11:44:48 pm
      Good info srslfc...thanks for resolving that...i was a little confused....heads all full of may 23rd at the moment...great just to be there twice in 3 years...I'm going to listen to the song and get back to you...
      gibbo6 times
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #60: May 04, 2007 11:46:17 pm
      yeah we have to qualify again. even if we win it. not a bad thing though extra games to blend in the new signings instead of pre-season boring un-competetive games.
      Imagine David villa and fernando torres lining up against TNS of welsh prem league. Thats if all the speculation is true.l
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #61: May 05, 2007 12:03:29 am
      Just been on the UEFA website guys. It says the winners are guaranteed a place in the group stage regardless where they finish in their domestic league. So turns out I was wrong, ah well first time for everything ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #62: May 05, 2007 03:53:06 am
      Ooooooo good thinking ^ I'm sure I saw it on Sky as "AC Milan Vs Liverpool" so they'd wear their red/black and we'd have to wear either yellow (YAY) or white/green.. but if that's wrong and it's the other way around, even better ;D

Saw this on the web today:

AC Milan opt for white strip in Champions league final

ROME, May 4, 2007 (AFP) - AC Milan have opted to wear their all-white strip for the Champions League final against Liverpool in Athens on May 23, a repeat of the 2005 final which the English Premiership side won on penalties.
      Milan were drawn as the home side for the final and could have worn their famous red and black striped shirts.

But just as in the 2005 final, Milan have chosen their second strip, allowing Liverpool to wear their traditional red kit.

Milan's white strip had proved lucky before they lost the Istanbul final two years ago.

Before that the Serie A giants had won four European Cups wearing white, in 1963, 1990, 1989 and 2003.

Liverpool were 3-0 down at half-time in the 2005 final but pegged Milan back with three goals in a six-minute spell.

Extra-time failed to separate the two sides and Liverpool won the shoot-out to lift the trophy.

http://www.espnstar.com/chl/chl_newsdetail_5764493.html
      magic5
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #63: May 05, 2007 01:55:16 pm
      Who's goin tha final?me n my dad have booked our plane tickets over there but do ya reckon well be able to buy tickets off someone outside tha ground?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #64: May 05, 2007 01:56:44 pm
      yeah we have to qualify again. even if we win it. not a bad thing though extra games to blend in the new signings instead of pre-season boring un-competetive games.
      Imagine David villa and fernando torres lining up against TNS of welsh prem league. Thats if all the speculation is true.l

Firstly, it is a bad thing having to qualify. Pre-season is about building up fitness, you don't really want to have competitive matches in that time. Secondly, we only played TNS two years ago because we had to start at the FIRST qualifying round, unless they Welsh boys got further than they ever have in the competition there's no chance we'd meet them. Thirdly 'if all the speculation is true', what speculation? I'm cetain it hasn't been suggested anywhere that we're gonna buy Villa AND Torres.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #65: May 05, 2007 05:30:16 pm
      Torres is not a  LFC type of player or man.....he'd be great at Man Utd...think he'd fit in well there....anyway...Back to the topic.....just hope we don't  suffer any injuries before the big day....like Rafa playing with a potentially reserve team untill then....keep'em hungry rafa!
      gerrard_10
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #66: May 06, 2007 10:37:02 am
      liverpool will win the cup 6 times no meter wot do AC Milan we will win   :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #67: May 06, 2007 12:41:01 pm
      Milan is a museum of dinosaurs, all the players are old :scarf:
      magic5
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #68: May 06, 2007 10:18:29 pm
      I also think torres wont be good at liverpool he's more of a drama queen more than a  liverpool player cant be doin with any divers it'll make are team look like fags and liverpool have always been full of hardmen and we want it to stay like that too

Quick Reply