Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion

Read 42097 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion
      Reply #276: Oct 31, 2009 11:19:02 pm
      Zamora has just said on Sky he said to the ref Carragher won the ball, decent sportsmanship got to give him credit for that.

I did actually think that he didn't seem to appeal for it when it happened.

If that's the case then extremely fair play to him.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #277: Oct 31, 2009 11:20:20 pm
      Watching the highlights again, Sotis was badly dragged out of position for the second and third goals, especially the third, Ayala tries to cover for him and that unfortuantely left the space that Sotis was too slow to get back and cover.

Just a bad day all round for me.
      Insua was to blame for the first 2 goals. Sotis I thought had a good game.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #278: Oct 31, 2009 11:23:28 pm
      Zamora has just said on Sky he said to the ref Carragher won the ball, decent sportsmanship got to give him credit for that.
      When I watched the match live I saw him say something to carragher and I thought It was something Bad like "you should be sent off", but watching the Highlights on MotD he atually says that carra got the ball. The guy told the fans to "shhhh" when he scored but he comes clean when were down to 10 men. Dunno If I should give him any credit or not.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #279: Oct 31, 2009 11:23:48 pm
      Insua was to blame for the first 2 goals. Sotis I thought had a good game.

Insua was badly caught out for the first. Sotis is out of position when the ball was played back over for the second and imo his lack of pace was there for all to see with the third and was very slow to react when Ayala moved across, Sotis just stopped, could of done a lot more.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #280: Oct 31, 2009 11:25:51 pm
      The kid needs a rest to take him out of the pressure. Still only a kid dont forget. Still learning his game
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #281: Oct 31, 2009 11:30:58 pm
      You live and die on your signings as Rafa is finding out  , last season we came so close but the absence of Gerrard/Torres  was very costly and probably cost us number 19  ,did rafa rectify the situation in the summer did he f** k so no sympathy from me  , after f****n up in the transfer Market for the last two summers  dossena/ keane 28m what a waste  this summer Johnson 17m were we that desperate for a right back maybe a stand in for the skipper might of been more important , 30 m Alonso money might of been better spent on bringing in a top class striker to take the workload of the outstanding Torres who has been worringly injured to frequently to be relied upon to be your  main striker to get you through 50 odd games just goes down to bad management or being very naive in my book.

kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #282: Oct 31, 2009 11:32:20 pm
      Put the money aside for a moment, don't even bring it into the equation. But would it be such a bad thing to bow out of the CL to Lyon on Wednesday?

Put all our eggs into the Premier League basket and of course the FA Cup too.

Rafas mind wont wonder, less games for players to get injured in, longer recovery time after away PL games heading into the tail end of the season. Players not needing to be rested.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #283: Oct 31, 2009 11:34:23 pm
      You live and die on your signings as Rafa is finding out  , last season we came so close but the absence of Gerrard/Torres  was very costly and probably cost us number 19  ,did rafa rectify the situation in the summer did he f** k so no sympathy from me  , after f****n up in the transfer Market for the last two summers  dossena/ keane 28m what a waste  this summer Johnson 17m were we that desperate for a right back maybe a stand in for the skipper might of been more important , 30 m Alonso money might of been better spent on bringing in a top class striker to take the workload of the outstanding Torres who has been worringly injured to frequently to be relied upon to be your  main striker to get you through 50 odd games just goes down to bad management or being very naive in my book.

Rafa didn't get to spend any of the Alonso money!

We never spent £17 million on Johnson, we spent £7 million at most, we wrote off money owed to us by pompey and we're paying for Alberto in instalments.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #284: Oct 31, 2009 11:34:44 pm
      Positive side...Eccelstone looked really lively and confident. Glad he got a run out.
      Degen was good going forward at times and the greek fella looks like he really cares.
      The sick and injured will be back and we will get better.
      Shocking performance overall by our 'B' side but its done now.
      Also, everyone is intitled to an opinion no matter how rational or insane without some idiot getting all offensive and personal. Its a F***ing forum!
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #285: Oct 31, 2009 11:38:40 pm
      Insua was badly caught out for the first. Sotis is out of position when the ball was played back over for the second and imo his lack of pace was there for all to see with the third and was very slow to react when Ayala moved across, Sotis just stopped, could of done a lot more.

For the second goal when the ball came back across to one of the fulham players they headed it back towards the 6 yard box, insua was the closest player and should've at least appliedd pressure but he just stood there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #286: Oct 31, 2009 11:42:37 pm
      For the second goal when the ball came back across to one of the fulham players they headed it back towards the 6 yard box, insua was the closest player and should've at least applied pressure but he just stood there.

I'd also blame dirk for the second goal too, could of easily let the ball gone out of play than try to keep it in when there wasn't red shirt to back him up.

And how far away was Sotis, Insua's still a kid imo sotis isn't, I wouldn't try and crucify a young player, when older more experienced players are just as culpable.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #287: Oct 31, 2009 11:45:14 pm
      I'd also blame dirk for the second goal too, could of easily let the ball gone out of play than try to keep it in when there wasn't red shirt to back him up.

And how far away was Sotis, Insua's still a kid imo sotis isn't, I wouldn't try and crucify a young player, when older more experienced players are just as culpable.
      Their all at fault for the goal, not just blaming it on insua, but when i see mistakes like that I can't help but comment. Obviously it is primarily kuyts fault for keeping the ball in play and he is mainly at fault for the goal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #288: Oct 31, 2009 11:49:19 pm
      Their all at fault for the goal, not just blaming it on insua, but when i see mistakes like that I can't help but comment. Obviously it is primarily kuyts fault for keeping the ball in play and he is mainly at fault for the goal.

Agree with that, was talking to my dad watching the Arsenal game and the pair of us are of the opinion he needs taking out the firing line, he's been caught out a few times at the back over the last three or four games and that includes Man U.

Quite a few players could do with an arse-kicking today.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #289: Oct 31, 2009 11:52:50 pm
      The owners promised Rafa £20 million and they gave him £2 million. You could see the effect right there on the bench.

We are nine points off the top. We, the fans need to stop acting like the season is almost over.
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #290: Nov 01, 2009 12:12:11 am
      im sure rafa analyses the games more than the average liverpool fan coz thats his job, but hes got a squad and there isnt much he can do if more than 5 of his decent players (gerrard aurelio aquilani johnson agger for example) are missing, but you caant put inidividual mistakes on insua who is 22 and kyrgiakos, theres problems all over the pitch.

not blaming anything on kuyt i think hes class but how come he kept in the ball for the 2nd goal? i cant rememebr what happened was it a stray pass or something?
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #291: Nov 01, 2009 12:12:46 am
      Where were AURELIO SKRETEL AGGER ?
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #292: Nov 01, 2009 12:14:37 am

virus or some crap?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #293: Nov 01, 2009 12:15:37 am

Two out of three, must try harder.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #294: Nov 01, 2009 12:25:52 am

Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio, Ngog, Cavalieri And Aquilani were all missing today because of a virus, which is quite funny because the the commentator on the stream I was watching, the one used by Sky's football first sh*t, they had Tony Gale co-commentating too, said Rafa had given Agger and Skrtel the day off.

Don't believe the hype. The media are after Rafa make no mistake.
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #295: Nov 01, 2009 12:36:57 am
      Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio, Ngog, Cavalieri And Aquilani were all missing today because of a virus, which is quite funny because the the commentator on the stream I was watching, the one used by Sky's football first sh*t, they had Tony Gale co-commentating too, said Rafa had given Agger and Skrtel the day off.

Don't believe the hype. The media are after Rafa make no mistake.

i know, its well annoying, it seems the only one who doesnt hate liverpool on the sky sports crew is phil thompson and he's whacky haha
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #296: Nov 01, 2009 12:38:49 am
      ok , now we have made it hard for ourselves, but we can still win the league this season, have faith doubters, everybody is going to take points of each other this year.......there is still a very long way to go, this is our bad spell, we wont have another one. roll on the lyon game, we owe somebody a thrashing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #297: Nov 01, 2009 12:39:46 am

When is the derby? ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #298: Nov 01, 2009 12:46:57 am

Don't ask Carra.