Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion

Read 42100 times
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion
      Reply #115: Oct 31, 2009 05:57:09 pm
      Looks like Raffa has more faith in Veronin Bable and the Greek than maybe giving the likes of Kelly Pacheco and Nemeth ain't even here

Kelly's injured, Pacheco is away with Spain's youth (or he was on Thursday, so wouldn't be available today) and Nemeth is getting valuable playing time in a league that is of a higher standard than our reserve one.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #116: Oct 31, 2009 05:57:17 pm
      i'm gonna ring up St.Etienne and ask them to break a few Lyon legs tonight.. and maybe give them a dose of syphallus while they are at it
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #117: Oct 31, 2009 05:57:49 pm
      F***ing hell, I feel totally disheartened and pissed off tonight, but I won't listen to gobshites like those I listed from the Tv f**king laughing at us while some of our own fans just give them more ammo.

It's at times like this I wish I had the money to start going the aways again, because our support sounded f**king boss today, even when we were getting beat, they're REAL Liverpool fans!

HR, i know that the support gave it their best and i don't think i'm providing any ammo by saying that those players aren't good enough to play for Liverpool Football Club. My problem with Rafa is (as much as i'd like him to do well because he clearly loves LFC) that Babel, Voronin, Degen, Kyriakos (sp) had to be signed by Rafa in order for them to be on the pitch letting us down.

The decision to put on Eccleston i applaud but not at the expense of our 3rd best player. In front of anyone who isn't a Liverpool fan i'll never criticise Rafa or any of our players but on here i believe i should be able to without being made to feel guilty.

I don't see how anyone disagree with my main arguments; we HAVE to support at the games our players and manager because they need it but... most of our squad is substandard and Rafa is to blame for that. He needs to think about youth or something to reignite things because at this rate we are not playing anywhere near enough to justify giving unconditional support.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #118: Oct 31, 2009 05:57:52 pm
      Okay, I'm Liverpool until I die, but some things have to be said.  I think six defeats in seven jusitfies this as no knee-jerk reaction.  Our squad is not good enough to compete with Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City.  I also feel Tottenham are close to us.  We are Liverpool, great history, big club, but that does not mean we have a right to be challenging for the title and Champions League.  Financial backing was poor in the summer, but Rafa has had five years to develop a good enough squad.  He is making some very very bizarre decisions - see substitions today, decision to buy Johnson above a top quality forward (yes, I know Glen is a good player, but was that really the position that most need filling?) - and he is not above criticism.  I strongly feel we will not qualify for the Champions League this season, Man City will take our place.  That's depressing enough, but getting back in to the top four will be extremely difficult, perhaps impossible without new ownership and a serious transfer kitty.  I don't mean to be the voice of despair, but our great club is at a crucial point in its history.  This season has been a minor catastrophe, but without the right financial backing and management we are about to become a uefa cup team, an Aston Villa or an Everton (no disrespect intended), and next season could be far far worse.  Financial backing is the most important element in this, I'm sure Rafa could turn things around with serious funds, but I'm not ruling out the need for a change of manager.  Oh, and this squad is seriously lacking in creativity, taking off Benayoun (maybe, Torres had to come off, I'm not sure) today was like taking out our only tooth.  That's a fact. 

Shame we beat the manc cu*ts though eh!
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #119: Oct 31, 2009 06:00:01 pm
      In Rafa we trust huh , F***ing bollocks i say!!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #120: Oct 31, 2009 06:00:07 pm
      Season isnt over. far from it... but now the title is futher and futher away... this part of the season is all about getting few wins together on a run which we are lacking.. when i saw the line up i knew we wont win because of the bench... it was really poor.. we seriously need to get our act together or have the danger of even finishing 4th... babel needs to go... he should not even be in the squad.. it was like we finished with 8 men not 9
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #121: Oct 31, 2009 06:00:26 pm
      Okay, I'm Liverpool until I die, but some things have to be said.  I think six defeats in seven jusitfies this as no knee-jerk reaction.  Our squad is not good enough to compete with Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City.  I also feel Tottenham are close to us.  We are Liverpool, great history, big club, but that does not mean we have a right to be challenging for the title and Champions League.  Financial backing was poor in the summer, but Rafa has had five years to develop a good enough squad.  He is making some very very bizarre decisions - see substitions today, decision to buy Johnson above a top quality forward (yes, I know Glen is a good player, but was that really the position that most need filling?) - and he is not above criticism.  I strongly feel we will not qualify for the Champions League this season, Man City will take our place.  That's depressing enough, but getting back in to the top four will be extremely difficult, perhaps impossible without new ownership and a serious transfer kitty.  I don't mean to be the voice of despair, but our great club is at a crucial point in its history.  This season has been a minor catastrophe, but without the right financial backing and management we are about to become a uefa cup team, an Aston Villa or an Everton (no disrespect intended), and next season could be far far worse.  Financial backing is the most important element in this, I'm sure Rafa could turn things around with serious funds, but I'm not ruling out the need for a change of manager.  Oh, and this squad is seriously lacking in creativity, taking off Benayoun (maybe, Torres had to come off, I'm not sure) today was like taking out our only tooth.  That's a fact.  
      Spot on mate good post time for everyone to open there eyes things are going wrong from top to bottom
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #122: Oct 31, 2009 06:00:31 pm
      Thought Eccelstone looked good. Energetic, pacey and confident....Just trying desperately to find a positive.

The positive? We have the best manager in the world and the best striker and the best fans.
      So, there you go, 3 positives.....
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #123: Oct 31, 2009 06:00:38 pm
      Absolutely gutted !! i must confess i would have taken a 1-0 win today and fully expected it ,however this squad of players we have at our disposal quite simply are not up to scratch this season ! I suspect Rafa took Nando off beause the ( and i'm being realistic here ) premiership title this season is beyond us now ,so we must focus on the champions league so he's saving Nando to try and salvage our european games.Got to say that on recent performances ( man u excluded ) we are going to be very fortunate to be in the top 4 ! I really hope that Aquilani comes on board soon and we get our money back on certain players at the end of the season .....however i'm a Liverpool fan through the good times and the bad times forever so chin or chins  up people at the end of the storm there's a golden sky !
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #124: Oct 31, 2009 06:02:36 pm
      Kelly's injured, Pacheco is away with Spain's youth (or he was on Thursday, so wouldn't be available today) and Nemeth is getting valuable playing time in a league that is of a higher standard than our reserve one.
      I know where the players are now but what about the last seven games
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #125: Oct 31, 2009 06:04:54 pm
      Rafa was more or less forced into playing this team today, unless he brought in youth players and he did bring on one in Ecclestone, you can question the taking off of Torres and Yossi, but we don't know what was going on out there, we have to put it down to not having any quality back up, a thing a lot on here have brought up in the past, today it come back and bit us where the sun don't shine, lets hope the owners finally get the message to either back Rafa with funds or sack him and get someone new. The latter will be a disaster and for those who do not believe me go and do your homework on Rafa...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #126: Oct 31, 2009 06:06:57 pm
      HR, i know that the support gave it their best and i don't think i'm providing any ammo by saying that those players aren't good enough to play for Liverpool Football Club. My problem with Rafa is (as much as i'd like him to do well because he clearly loves LFC) that Babel, Voronin, Degen, Kyriakos (sp) had to be signed by Rafa in order for them to be on the pitch letting us down.

Just ask yourself why all those players apart from babel were bought?

Babel when purchased, was wanted by Arsenal as well, and imo it's the players fault he hasn't improved. The other three come to a total of £1.5 million, what we paid for the greek fella. Voronin should of been binned off and i agree Degen's F***ing sh*te. but why are they in the squad?

Because our two clueless owners didn't give Rafa enough cash to improve the squad. We've so far only paid £5 million for Aquilani, we're paying in instalments, we wrote off £10 million Portsmouth owned us for Crouch, so payed about £7/8 million for Johnson.

Where has the money gone that we recouped from the Alonso sale?

Voronin, Degen and Kyriakos are back-up players only, but with injuries and illness are now being forced to play.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I won't blame Rafa 100% until he's got some sort of level playing field with the Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal and that is why at the moment we don't look good enough.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #127: Oct 31, 2009 06:08:16 pm
      i've just blanked out today.. otherwise i reckon i'd lose the plot..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #128: Oct 31, 2009 06:08:35 pm
      In Rafa we trust huh , F***ing bollocks i say!!

Goodison's that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #129: Oct 31, 2009 06:08:53 pm
      Rafa was more or less forced into playing this team today, unless he brought in youth players and he did bring on one in Ecclestone, you can question the taking off of Torres and Yossi, but we don't know what was going on out there, we have to put it down to not having any quality back up, a thing a lot on here have brought up in the past, today it come back and bit us where the sun don't shine, lets hope the owners finally get the message to either back Rafa with funds or sack him and get someone new. The latter will be a disaster and for those who do not believe me go and do your homework on Rafa...
      But surely Raffa is part to blame he has been here over 5 seasons and has had money and look at the poor excuse for a squad we are left with.
      lfc232005
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #130: Oct 31, 2009 06:10:10 pm
      I watched the game on the internet...  Im mystified by some of rafa's decision making.  I also think we were unlucky to lose Degan.

Soo angry.  

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #131: Oct 31, 2009 06:10:41 pm
      Just ask yourself why all those players apart from babel were bought?

Babel when purchased, was wanted by Arsenal as well, and imo it's the players fault he hasn't improved. The other three come to a total of £1.5 million, what we paid for the greek fella. Voronin should of been binned off and I agree Degen's f**king sh*te. but why are they in the squad?

Because our two clueless owners didn't give Rafa enough cash to improve the squad. We've so far only paid £5 million for Aquilani, we're paying in instalments, we wrote off £10 million Portsmouth owned us for Crouch, so payed about £7/8 million for Johnson.

Where has the money gone that we recouped from the Alonso sale?

Voronin, Degen and Kyriakos are back-up players only, but with injuries and illness are now being forced to play.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I won't blame Rafa 100% until he's got some sort of level playing field with the Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal and that is why at the moment we don't look good enough.
      But what about Dosena ....?
      Andinho LFC
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #132: Oct 31, 2009 06:11:33 pm
      I agree totally with tezmac.  This is our worst form ever!!  And there is no excuse.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #133: Oct 31, 2009 06:11:41 pm
      I'm a staunch Rafa fan and I've being following Liverpool over 20 years and I have to admit I'm completely baffled by Rafa today, I just can't answer these questions

-How did Voronin start never mind finish the game, he is shocking one of the worst strikers ive seen at Liverpool, please tell me Rafa can see this because if not I'm starting to get worried

-Why was Torres taken off on the sixty minutes mark when it is clear he wasn't injured, he is the only player we had capable of scoring a goal, I actually said to my mate after Voronin shocking first half I bet Voronin lasts the game and Torres is taken off.

- Why was Benyoun taken off the only creative player we had on the friend and replaced by a kid making his Premiership debut when we were 2-1 down

-Why did he start with 2 centre halfs that have no pace, why were Agger and Skrtel left at home are both starting against Lyon are they unable to play 2 games a week

-Why was the bench full of kids

-Why was Kuyt back playing on the right side where he has being shocking all season, why was he not partnering Torres up front like last week when he had his best game of the season.

Look we have lost 6 in 7 now it just is not good enough for Liverpool. To make it worse we are losing playing a horrendus uncreative brand of football
      kopite020864
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #134: Oct 31, 2009 06:12:17 pm
      In rafa we trust................... ......only to hand the mancs a record breaking ( our record ) 19th title NO cup glory no european adventure and NO CHANCE AS CHAMPIONS
      Could be worse but to be honest i cant see how !
      ALWAYS A RED
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #135: Oct 31, 2009 06:15:38 pm

No one mentioned him, but considering Rafa was trying to sell him in the summer..............
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #136: Oct 31, 2009 06:16:30 pm
      In rafa we trust................... ......only to hand the mancs a record breaking ( our record ) 19th title NO cup glory no european adventure and NO CHANCE AS CHAMPIONS
      Could be worse but to be honest i cant see how !
      ALWAYS A RED

The mancs won't win the league this year, Chelsea will!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #137: Oct 31, 2009 06:16:38 pm
      I just dont understand the rationalization for subbing Torres and Yossi for Babel and Ecclestone in a must win game for us.  Even if it is about the CL money and Rafa wanted to rest them for the Lyon Match he still knows that if we dont finish in top 4 of the league their will be NO Champions League money coming In.

Unless....and this is a big UNLESS...Rafa doesn't plan on being here next season.  I dont know.  I have a lot of questions about this season.  

The announcer said it was the worst 7 match run in over 50 years for Liverpool. Is that correct?

Quick Reply