Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion

Read 42094 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Re: Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion
      Reply #230: Oct 31, 2009 09:12:17 pm
      Ya Huyton saw him slate the SOS a couple of weeks ago and then a couple of them came on line and made him look like a clown, I tried to post but the pr'ck kept deleting my posts.

That Kanwar does it all the time, a few people who have tried to post on there think he is a wannabe journalist, a pr cocksucker for the yanks or a manc on THE biggest wind-up of all time.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #231: Oct 31, 2009 09:12:44 pm
      just thinking if we don't win on wednesday, this could have serious repurcussions for potential sponsors for next year with carlsberg doing a bunk

We've got a new sponsor to replace Carlsberg!
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #232: Oct 31, 2009 09:13:41 pm
      just thinking if we don't win on wednesday, this could have serious repurcussions for potential sponsors for next year with carlsberg doing a bunk

Don't we already have a deal in place with Standard Chartered bank that is replacing the Casrlsberg sponorship position?
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #233: Oct 31, 2009 09:14:26 pm
      We've got a new sponsor to replace Carlsberg!

Sorry mate I didn't see this when I replied :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #234: Oct 31, 2009 09:14:47 pm
      I'm speechless.............. ..................
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #235: Oct 31, 2009 09:15:29 pm
      Sorry mate I didn't see this when I replied :)

It's alright, I couldn't remember the name, forgot it was Standard Chartered!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #236: Oct 31, 2009 09:17:10 pm
      That tw't seems somehow to get a link to Liverpool news now Huyton, every time I see a news topic praising the owners it is him I swear his real name is Tom Hicks.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #237: Oct 31, 2009 09:18:05 pm
      sorry lads forgot that.. apologies..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #238: Oct 31, 2009 09:20:18 pm
      That tw't seems somehow to get a link to Liverpool news now Huyton, every time I see a news topic praising the owners it is him I swear his real name is Tom Hicks.

The divvy also responded to the Tony Barrett piece I posted in the week, although this time just called himself Jamie rather than Jiamie.

Must of been a blond moment.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #239: Oct 31, 2009 09:23:42 pm
      Well when he goes you can apply for the job, after-all you're doing a lot of good work for our two yanks aren't you.

And I now know both minuses were from you, plus it's me that reads them so surely it should be You rather than He thinks he's hard.

I'll have plenty of discussions on the reds, ask anyone who has talked to me in the pubs around Anfield, on coaches to away games or just on the piss.

You have got an agenda against Rafa, that I find quite sickening to be honest.

I don't always agree with his decisions - Voronin instead of N'gog today for instance, but I've asked once before WHO is out there to replace Rafa at this moment in time. Even Alan Green on Radio Five was saying the same things earlier.

But don't worry I know your answer will be someone who loves Liverpool - yeah someone who's happy to work with f**k-all and be those two w**ker's bi*ch.

Gave you one minus mate - not two - I aint that interested in you!

I know whom I would like to manager us...and I hope it doesn't happen soon - because I want us to beat Lyon and challenge for the title. 

But the results will speak for themselves in due course.
      supaerheraw
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #240: Oct 31, 2009 09:28:44 pm
      To be honest the muppet reminds me of Rafa somehow. All he talks about is tactics and all he is doing is analyzing (not that the muppet's  views are correct anyhow). The difference however is that Rafa obviously is a nice person who sacrifices his reputation for the sake of the club while the muppet is an arrogant b***ard, nuff said...
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #241: Oct 31, 2009 09:31:44 pm
      Gave you one minus mate - not two - I aint that interested in you!

I know whom I would like to manager us...and I hope it doesn't happen soon - because I want us to beat Lyon and challenge for the title. 

But the results will speak for themselves in due course.

Is that a typo because it doesn't make sense?  You don't want Rafa managing us and you have someone else in mind?  But you don't want your someone to manage us soon?
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #242: Oct 31, 2009 09:39:19 pm
      Is that a typo because it doesn't make sense?  You don't want Rafa managing us and you have someone else in mind?  But you don't want your someone to manage us soon?

Makes perfect sense mate.

Means - I want us to win.  And if we win - Rafa stays in a job.

But.....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #243: Oct 31, 2009 09:46:52 pm
      Listened to most of the match on the radio. When I heard Torres was subbed at 1-1 and Babel came on to join Voronin, switched it off. Just can't understand it. Feel gutted, for lots of reasons. Most of all though, I'm dissappointed with Rafa. We didn't go out all guns blazing to get the 3 points, we held up our hands. Sickened with that, absolutely sickened. Even though we lost midweek against the Arse, we deserved better, we played OK given it was the reserve team, and I could take the result on the chin. But not today.
      Not today :(
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #244: Oct 31, 2009 09:54:34 pm
      bmck.....do you know Rafa subbed Torres ashe's taking on average 4 days to recover fitness from each performance.  He's protecting him from further injury.
      He also expects Babel to perform - now there's Rafa's downfall!!!
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #245: Oct 31, 2009 09:56:05 pm
      Rafa takes the blame for Babel - he's completely destroyed the guy.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #246: Oct 31, 2009 09:56:17 pm
      I haven't posted on any LFC forums for about 4 weeks now, simply because I am at a loss about what to say. Never in my Liverpool supporting life have I seen a team of ours struggle this badly.

United was not the real test, it was how we followed that match up that mattered.

It seems to be a real theme with us over the last 20 years. 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards.

The blame doesn't just lie with Rafa, it's the players also who must have a finger pointed and a portion of the blame lumped on their shoulders. They have been given chance after chance to show what they have, and more often than not, they have flattered to deceive. For me that's where Rafa shoulders the blame also, for giving inept players too many chances.

I don't know what to say, I really don't

I will continue to get up at ungodly hours every weekend for the Premier League matches and wake up "sick" on a Wednesday or Thursday for Champions League matches, but for the first time in 15 years, I do so with very little confidence in the team.

That isn't bashing anyone in particular, that's just the god honest truth.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #247: Oct 31, 2009 09:59:05 pm
      bmck.....do you know Rafa subbed Torres ashe's taking on average 4 days to recover fitness from each performance.  He's protecting him from further injury.
      He also expects Babel to perform - now there's Rafa's downfall!!!

Maybe so. But I'd still like to have seen him really go for the 3 points and leave Nando on. Then have him as a sub vs. Lyon if he needs the rest.
      Guess it depends what you think is the priority.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #248: Oct 31, 2009 10:00:42 pm
      Imo Babel has done all the damage to his own reputation himself.  Never performs when given a starting place and whinges all the time.  Never shown the mentality required of a Liverpool player!  
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #249: Oct 31, 2009 10:05:37 pm
      bmck...who would play up front who has Torres kind of ability in the starting line up though? We all know our problem is we don't have cover for Nando so the pressure is on him and Gerrard.  We can't afford expensive bench warmers (salary) so we have to manage and Rafa is finding it lot tougher this season as the injuries are far worse and seem to be compounded.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 631 posts | 61 
      Reply #250: Oct 31, 2009 10:10:45 pm
      Last season we lost 5% of our games,this season so far we have lost 45%,that is a fact,some of the decisions today were simply mind blowingly bad,and we go on about all the money the Yanks are costing this club,what about all the millions that Rafa has spunked on useless players who were never going to make the grade,he may as well have just thrown the money into the mersey.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #251: Oct 31, 2009 10:11:49 pm
      Rafa takes the blame for Babel - he's completely destroyed the guy.

And Ryan isn't to blame for being a bit of a lazy b***ard!

Not all the managers fault, surely the blame should go with the player to, no?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #252: Oct 31, 2009 10:21:31 pm
      All through these post I see two sides. One supporting Rafa as he doesn'thave the funds availble to Mancs, Chelsea, Man C etc. The other side saying why did he buy sh*te players. I have to agree, if you don't have vast amounts of cash available, it doesn't make sense to go out and buy rubbish just for the sake of spending. Were these sub standard players ever watched for any thing longer than two or three games. Who recomended them? Why didn't Rafa stick with what he had until he could double his war chest the following year. At the end of the day, surely it's him who makes the final decisions. Why does he continue to buy youngsters and never give them a chance?  On todays performance, why were we defending with such complacency when Fulham attacked? Their defence just seemed so more determined to get back and cover than ours. To many of our players seem to think they've 'made it' when they put on the red shirt. Don't they realise that have only just arrived and the hard work now has to start, not 'that's the hard work done, i've made it !' On Rafa subbing Torres, Ice pack on the thigh, injury. On Beeni, mabey he thinks Nando might not make it at Lyon so brought Bennie off, as he looks the only available goal threat for Wednesday.  Perhaps his hand was forced on this occasion but that doesn't  answer the poor form of late, or some of the more bizaar team selections or substitutions.  It seems also that watchovia and RBS have put more pressure on the yanks to make some serious in roads into paying off their loans pretty soon. Once again there is turmoil behind the scenes at Anfield. No serious buyers yet, only investors which leave the yanks in control. That must have a psycological impact on all concerned as I know it worries me, as just a supporter. I think the prem has passed us by for another season, as much as it hurts to say it. Also, a defeat in Lyon on Wednesday and the CL is history as well. I just hope D I C are waiting in the wings to pounce when the yanks are all ends up. I have always thought they may be, just want my prayers answered now. There is a strange sullen forlorn atmosphere in my home at the moment, with the way things are going, I don't see that changing any time soon. I will never stop supporting my beloved Liverpool, as I have all my life, but some thing has to change before it's too late. For Gillett Hicks, see Mike Ashley. Big aspirations, pretentious support and not enough money to back their investments.  Y.N.W.A. :'( :'(

Quick Reply