Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

So if Rafa did leave...?

Read 6427 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: So if Rafa did leave...?
      Reply #46: Nov 02, 2009 07:12:52 pm
      I see Madrid are sniffing around Rafa again, they want him, if the owners want Rafa, even if we get knocked out of Europe, they should do everything they can to hang onto him, if they let him go we will be the losers, Pepe is waiting, I think to see what happens to Rafa before he signs any contract, and I believe others will go also, including Nando, he loves Rafa and for him it wouldn't be the same here without him.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #47: Nov 02, 2009 07:52:10 pm
      John Barnes could do with the money.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #48: Nov 02, 2009 08:01:34 pm
      such talk is blasphemous
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #49: Nov 02, 2009 08:02:49 pm
      I see Madrid are sniffing around Rafa again, they want him, if the owners want Rafa, even if we get knocked out of Europe, they should do everything they can to hang onto him, if they let him go we will be the losers, Pepe is waiting, I think to see what happens to Rafa before he signs any contract, and I believe others will go also, including Nando, he loves Rafa and for him it wouldn't be the same here without him.

Torres said only recently that his being at Liverpool is not tied to Benitez
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #50: Nov 02, 2009 08:12:59 pm

"Come on guys, why look anywhere else?"
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #51: Nov 02, 2009 08:14:30 pm
      Since Rafa loves his Facts, lets see the teams that Liverpool have lost to in the league this season:

F (ulham)
      A (ston Villa)
      C (helsea)
      T (ottenham Hotspurs)
      S (underland)

gotta give him credit, the man's a genius!
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #52: Nov 02, 2009 08:16:01 pm
      I wish manager can be sold. Then we could sell Rafa to Madrid for 100m :D
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #53: Nov 02, 2009 08:19:19 pm
      I wish manager can be sold. Then we could sell Rafa to Madrid for 100m :D

Then we wont be able to buy a new manager with our lack of funds. And as soon as 100 mill reaches Anfield, you know whos gonna get hold of that money ... the two c*nts.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #54: Nov 02, 2009 08:25:47 pm
      dalglish and rush is at the club look no further
      some of the players rafas bought and the way he picks the team sometimes is beyond me
      YNWA
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #55: Nov 02, 2009 08:34:53 pm
      I think we should get Alex Ferguson...always wanted Liverpool to smell of whisky

Nah, Rafa shouldn't go. Under any circumstances. If he does go (and I think if this was the case, he will be pushed) then Dalglish would be the man for me. One of the most under-rated Managers in history, while everyone wa**s off Ferguscum and his shiny red nose.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #56: Nov 02, 2009 08:41:39 pm
      i do like rafa but .... if we get beat by lyon and then cant beat b ham then hes up sh*t
      creek
      theres been to many bad players bought dont ya think
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #57: Nov 02, 2009 08:43:16 pm
      Can we please stop this sh*t. Rafa is our manager.........end of.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #58: Nov 02, 2009 08:50:18 pm
      if it was any other club he'd be history end of .
      were liverpool and when el nino is out what have we got voronin n'gog . its not good enough
      any one with any sense would play kuyt and babel up front before them two
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #59: Nov 02, 2009 09:02:15 pm
      were liverpool and when el nino is out what have we got voronin n'gog . its not good enough

Have to say I agree - Rafa has been here 5 years and we still have a poor squad... I cant blame anyone else for this apart from Rafa.

However - in 5 years he has turned this club around, we were going nowhere when he joined and he has signed some great players. It takes time to build a squad, especially when your up against teams that will splash silly money for middle of the road players. So we have to buy stop gaps and take the ocassional punt on players - Vorinin has a good record away from the prem and he cost us all of nothing so it was worth a punt. It allowed us to spend big on a world class striker and gamble.

We cant have it both ways - realistically how can a manager manage at this level with a restricted budget in comparasent to other teams and a poor youth team?

If Rafa had 100Million to spend this year he would have brought Villa, Silva and Auregio. We didnt...

Can one of these Rafa Out Heads please tell me what they would have done? I cant understand what people expect of him!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #60: Nov 02, 2009 09:09:01 pm
      it is hard to compete i agree but like you say 5 years ....
      lets give him another go eh  ;D
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #61: Nov 02, 2009 09:11:28 pm
      Actually, it all comes down to history. We are all proud of our history and I believe Liverpool fans expect to always be winning the biggest cups. While this is true that doesn't mean we deserve to win every year. Since Rafa has arrived we've improve steadily each year and while we haven't won the elusive Premiership we've done pretty decent under his reign. His tactics drive me nuts sometimes but most of the time he somehow manages to get it right. The injury list at the moment is ridiculous and simply explains our recent form. This shouldn't spark debates about his successor. Have some faith.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #62: Nov 02, 2009 09:14:12 pm

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: F**k me, somebody move that to the knee jerk thread  :f_tongueincheek:

Steve Bruce is actually a good manager, mind you, even better than Martin O'Neill I'd say ;)

Gee, people need to calm down a bit....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #63: Nov 02, 2009 09:15:19 pm
      it is hard to compete I agree but like you say 5 years ....
      lets give him another go eh  ;D

Lmao you really haven't a clue.... Rafa has took us forwards... you compare our first choice starting XI against the first choice starting XI he had when he took over then it clearly shows how far we have come.

If you bothered to look into Rafa's actual net spend you would see for yourself his net spend per Year averages a little over £14 million... in that time he has assembled a squad containing Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Aquilani, Yossi, Mascherano, & Torres 4 of them players valued well over his yearly average net spend in 6 years..... Know the Facts its getting tiresome.

F**k me a few bad results with an injury ravaged squad and its sack the manager, if we class ourselves as Liverpool supporters with that attitude, its time to take a long good hard look at ourselves IMO.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #64: Nov 02, 2009 09:38:36 pm
      it is hard to compete I agree but like you say 5 years ....
      lets give him another go eh  ;D

Hang on - apart from this poor run we are on, and lets be honest its poor what are your other probelms with Rafa? At the start of the season did you want him gone? I guess not...
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #65: Nov 02, 2009 09:44:50 pm
      Lmao you really haven't a clue.... Rafa has took us forwards... you compare our first choice starting XI against the first choice starting XI he had when he took over then it clearly shows how far we have come.

If you bothered to look into Rafa's actual net spend you would see for yourself his net spend per Year averages a little over £14 million... in that time he has assembled a squad containing Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Aquilani, Yossi, Mascherano, & Torres 4 of them players valued well over his yearly average net spend in 6 years..... Know the Facts its getting tiresome.

F**k me a few bad results with an injury ravaged squad and its sack the manager, if we class ourselves as Liverpool supporters with that attitude, its time to take a long good hard look at ourselves IMO.
      Top post mate I totally agree with you.If Rafa was to leave, it would be a sad day for the future of our club.In that circumstance I can only hope that king Kenny would step up to the job in order to save the club from the ravages of the two gobsh*tes.He is the only other man who could command the same fan's support as Rafa has enjoyed,to enable him to stand up to the yanks.Any outside appointment that they would make would have to go along with their asset stripping policies,and we all know where that would lead us.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #66: Nov 02, 2009 10:05:21 pm
      now is not the time to change the manager.  I dont agree with everything Rafa does but i put that down to being a grumpy old b*stard or so my wife tells me......speaking of which it was the poor girls birthday on Sunday and i had to watch all the post match drivel which sort of spoilt the day really ;D
      cmon lads, get behind the team and help deliver them the lift they need (with a massive kick up the a*se in some cases)
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #67: Nov 02, 2009 10:12:21 pm
      im as big a liverpool fan as anyone but instead of rafa buying 3 sh*t players
      buy one good player simple as that
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #68: Nov 02, 2009 10:22:50 pm
      im as big a liverpool fan as anyone but instead of rafa buying 3 sh*t players
      buy one good player simple as that

Good point well made... I would love to see a big name coming in!

Quick Reply