Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Lyon 1 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance

Read 32847 times
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Re: Lyon 1 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #46: Nov 04, 2009 09:52:14 pm
      When will people realise we lack quality in the team?
      If we don't have quality then we have to be disciplin and not making mistakes.
      If we don't have enough quality, lack disciplin and make mistakes, we're getting what we deserve.

its a load of crap.. there is quality.. but with 11 injuries any damn team in the world will struggle.. and dont u say a word about indiscipline today.. the performance was as good as it gets..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #47: Nov 04, 2009 09:52:28 pm
      Thought we played well tonight just needed a bit of guile in front of goal but we had Veronin didn't even want to take corners what a waste
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #48: Nov 04, 2009 09:52:56 pm
      The witch hunt will truly be on to get rafa out

Well they can F**k right off.

The team we put out tonight was almost unrecognisable compared to our full strength line up, yet we did enough to beat a fully equipped Lyon side if it weren't for one stupid cock up in the 90th minute.

Hardly the manager's fault our two central defenders went to sleep at the most crucial point of the match.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #49: Nov 04, 2009 09:53:50 pm
      Ronnie Whelan is after saying that Benitez fought for control of reserves and acadamey  and now he's got it we have had our worse season ! and he's laughing he.Johnny Giles is giving out to him though !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #50: Nov 04, 2009 09:54:31 pm
      If we go in the Europa League I bet you we draw Barca.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: Nov 04, 2009 09:54:36 pm
      Was good to hear both Carra and Rafa refusing to concede defeat.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #52: Nov 04, 2009 09:54:46 pm
      Sorry for me optimism.

But something hit me that we're gonna win the European cup this year while looking at the tables.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #53: Nov 04, 2009 09:55:12 pm
      whats this on anyway?
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #54: Nov 04, 2009 09:55:15 pm
      its a load of crap.. there is quality.. but with 11 injuries any damn team in the world will struggle.. and dont u say a word about indiscipline today.. the performance was as good as it gets..

You're talking about different topic mate. Sort your head out before discussing with others.
      I'm not talking about the 11 injured first team players, I'm talking about the team tonight.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #55: Nov 04, 2009 09:55:21 pm
      Well they can f**k right off.

The team we put out tonight was almost unrecognisable compared to our full strength line up, yet we did enough to beat a fully equipped Lyon side if it weren't for one stupid cock up in the 90th minute.

Hardly the manager's fault our two central defenders went to sleep at the most crucial point of the match.
      exactly. rafa had the team set up properly, the fact that the boys on the pitch let him donw in the last minute, is out of his hands.. We miss the influence of sami so much.. we never let in late goals when he was around..
      JayDLFC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts | -1 
      Reply #56: Nov 04, 2009 09:55:27 pm
      When I watch Liverpool I look for two things:

1) 100% effort for 90 minutes
      2) That the players realise they're wearing the red of Liverpool and that they'll fight for the club.

Tonight I saw that. Yes we fu**ed up at the end and yes we didn't take our chances when they fell to us. But we will get our fair share of luck later on in the season. These are tough times for Liverpool and everyone's entitled to be pissed off or whatever but those lads did the club proud tonight and you can't deny that. Yes they lost concentration at the end but when things aren't going for you, these things unfortuately go against you. On another day, Cris might have flicked it away from Lopez or Sotis might have got a touch.

As I said these times are very difficult but all you can do is "hold your head up high" and tonight we did that. I'm not going to going to bed later a happy man, but I'd say satisfied because I knew Liverpool Football Club fought tonight and that's something I haven't seen us do in this slump.

YNWA

cheers mate made it abit easier and me a little bit happyier still bit gutted tho :(
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #57: Nov 04, 2009 09:56:50 pm
      winning the game, should have shut up shop simple as.........all that effort wasted.  could see it coming and we got mugged.  cant understand why he didnt give Aquilani at least 10 mins though?
      Ah well, have to get up for Birmingham now
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #58: Nov 04, 2009 09:58:10 pm
      i was hoping to see alberto tonight..if he's fit enough to be on the bench well maybe e should et a shot
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #59: Nov 04, 2009 09:59:02 pm
      Tonights performance had everything that the fulham game didnt have. Passion, guts and a sense of pride and for that the lads need an enormous amount of credit. lets build on this and hope the lads can take the same attributes into every game this season.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #60: Nov 04, 2009 09:59:22 pm
      Have to say I think Voronin was visibly strggling with the level and skill of the foot required and should have been subbed earlier...Ryan did us proud for once though
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #61: Nov 04, 2009 09:59:37 pm
      Unfortunately I didn't manage to watch the last 2 games so I can't say much about the players performances, but how sad is that. We lost 5 precious points in the last minutes against Lyon - home and away.

It's difficult to qualify now, but not impossible. Depressing, anyway. We need to get a lot better.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #62: Nov 04, 2009 09:59:49 pm
      Oh man im looking at Arsenal and im really jealous, they score 2-6 goals each game. We? what about us? what the hell happended to us from the start of the season i still haven't watched Liverpool. And the worst are upcoming yet..
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #63: Nov 04, 2009 10:00:00 pm
      Tonight we were expected to go over there and roll over. 12 players out. A shocking run of form. Everyone against us.

But we went out there and did Liverpool FC proud tonight. We went out there and fought like it meant something to us.

Lyon started off well but we got at them and you could see they were shocked. They started hiding from the ball and from that point on, we controlled the game. They knew they were in a football match against Liverpool FC.

It was always a tall order to go there and win. And It could very well have been a win. But it wasn't to be at the end of the evening.

I hope people can take some positives out of this match. We need to keep our heads held high and keep our support as raptuous as it has been through this rough spell. It is what we need. It is what the team needs.

YNWA Redmen.
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #64: Nov 04, 2009 10:00:14 pm
      let ppl n the so called 'pundits' call for Rafa's head.. he's our Gaffer and he's the right man.. he'll win us trophies.. no one can deny how much we have been hampered by injuries..Torres n Gerrard weren't enough last year.. this year johnson too..he buys Aquilani on the advice that the player will be fit after august.. its november..Carra's facing the lowest of his career (YNWA Carra).. Skrtel Agger missing at diff times.. if this wasn't bad enough.. the virus..

with all this how is it Rafa's fault??

we are with the manager..
      YNWA!!!!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #65: Nov 04, 2009 10:00:27 pm
      FFS if we had held on for five more minutes these posts would have been oh so different.For me I watched Liverpool BATTLE tonight.Some fans on here should sleep on it and post tomorrow say.Carra summed up all the dissapointment we're all feeling at the mo,but no matter what we will carry on and win back the pride in our team.YNWA & IRWT.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #66: Nov 04, 2009 10:00:35 pm
      Almost a typical European away peformance but for that last minute.

So now we've got to hope Lyon get a result in Italy, otherwise we're fu**ed.

As redkenny said suckerpunch and that was one suckerpunch at the end.

Especially after near twatting my head on the lampshade when Babel hit that F***ing beauty.

Can't be arsed moaning about who was to blame for their goal as it was a good performance tonight from the boys.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #67: Nov 04, 2009 10:00:36 pm
      All blame seems to be on Agger and the Greek but Insua is the one to be blamed. He was ball watching, how many times already this season. Had he put a foot or hustle the player in front of him, that flick to the 2 lLyon players wouldn't have taken place. When that pass came through and the 2 Lyon players pushing fprward simulataneously there's no way Agger and our Greek fellow could have dealt with that effectivelyHate to say it, Lyon is more inclined to move inside our box and harass us while we're the opposite. Preferring to play most of the time at the dege of the box. As for Insua, what has he been doing in training and what has the trainers done so far? His crosses were as bad as before, if not worst.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #68: Nov 04, 2009 10:00:58 pm
      We played well guys.. it's unfortunate that we lost. kyryagos makes mistakes far too often, maybe needs to adapt. voronin is a  joke!

Quick Reply