Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Lyon 1 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance

Read 33287 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Re: Lyon 1 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #69: Nov 04, 2009 10:02:10 pm
      The Lyon v Fiorentina game will be fixed surely so I have to say we're looking at Europa League football.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #70: Nov 04, 2009 10:02:25 pm
      We did have the chances to bury Lyon in the first half and we failed to take them,was disappointed with Yossi's contribution tonight too ,he normally cuts through the first defensive line and creates but not tonight, until the last 5 minutes i thought Agger had a good game ,think Agger and Kyrgi confused each other and then they scored,all in all we played well i thought and were the better side ,referee was crap and biased (wondered if he was mates with Andy Townsend ) the goalscore for Lyon spent  time trying to get Carra booked and dropped on the deck for tiny nudges,Pepe again outstanding ! Nando ran his nuts off tonight and you could tell he was not right ,we deserved to win this one !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #71: Nov 04, 2009 10:02:39 pm
      Superb goal Ryan scored. Credit to him for simply just having a go.

All his other play was typical of him though.

JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #72: Nov 04, 2009 10:03:12 pm
      I'm absolutely stunned right now.  They played well tonight and deserved the 3 but when you let up like that, it only tkaes one.

Voronin and Sotris really are not worthy of the shirt. Atleast Babel showed passion and desire for this team

I agree. I'm not usually one to flame players after a match, but neither of them offered anything in their respective areas of the pitch. Absolutely worthless.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #73: Nov 04, 2009 10:03:13 pm
      I thought Agger played well tonight.It was just that fcuk up at the end leaving us desperate.We're Desperate Dan ;D
      JayDLFC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts | -1 
      Reply #74: Nov 04, 2009 10:03:19 pm
      i also belive voronin is a joke i was hoping he went in the transfer window for a tenner!
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #75: Nov 04, 2009 10:04:44 pm
      Sorry but Insua put some lovely crosses inside the box in the first half...don't agree with your criticism redcop63
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #76: Nov 04, 2009 10:04:48 pm
      Can't be arsed moaning about who was to blame for their goal as it was a good performance tonight from the boys.

I can't be arsed either.

I'll wait for everyone to come on blaming Rafa and the way he combed his hair in the morning.  Or I'll wait to see what Ronnie Whelan tells me to think and then repeat it like it was all my own opinion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Reply #77: Nov 04, 2009 10:05:05 pm
      If we go in the Europa League I bet you we draw Barca.

Everton ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #78: Nov 04, 2009 10:05:07 pm
      To be honest I feel empty, (again) I felt we would be beaten, and in the early stages they were looking like rolling us over, but then....

We came in to our selves, and looked like it may be a 0-0 as time rolled on, and on, and then Babel scores a screamer that will now be forgotten. 1-1 is the same as 0-0, and we did not loose but it feels like it. That home game against Lyon has done us, we may not qualify, but hay, we could be the frst winners of the Europa League.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #79: Nov 04, 2009 10:05:40 pm
      IRWT. Still.

Rafa played the right team, he got the tactics spot on, we nullified Lyon for 89 minutes.
      He can't be to blame for the players lacking concentration at the most crucial time of the match. He got the subsititutions right, Voronin was playing sh*te, so he put on Babel, who scored and he put on N'Gog for a clearly injured Torres (who hadn't made an impact at all).

Mascherano and Lucas were excellent today, Insua was good going up the left flank, with Benayoun causing some problems coming in.
      Kuyt was anonymous, Carragher was decent, but clearly out of his comfort zone going forward and due to his lack of pace, a little slow to get back.

Agger and Sotis didn't impress me, tbh. Agger made one brilliant run and got a cross in, but wasn't tested that much (neither was Sotis).

Torres was clearly injured, and Voronin was poor.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #80: Nov 04, 2009 10:05:53 pm
      The performance wasn't bad, in fact it was good considering most of our players were injured. We had better chances at goal but didn't take them.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #81: Nov 04, 2009 10:06:26 pm
      I can't be arsed either.

I'll wait for everyone to come on blaming Rafa and the way he combed his hair in the morning.  Or I'll wait to see what Ronnie Whelan tells me to think and then repeat it like it was all my own opinion.

:lmao:

You're chatting sh*t. It was obviously Lucas' fault.

Sorry, wrong thread. ;)

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=12947.0
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Reply #82: Nov 04, 2009 10:06:30 pm
      I can't be arsed either.

:lmao:

I'm getting my opinion off Les Lawson on This Is Anfield!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #83: Nov 04, 2009 10:06:42 pm

Can't be arsed moaning about who was to blame for their goal.

Voronin ::)
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #84: Nov 04, 2009 10:06:48 pm
      I also belive voronin is a joke I was hoping he went in the transfer window for a tenner!
      Ide give a tenner for him,an then lock him in our shed,feeding him scraps til his careers out >:D
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #85: Nov 04, 2009 10:07:29 pm
      we camt blame kyrgiakos alone for tonight, kuyt benyoun definitely voronin (yet again) and maybe even torres didnt get involved as much as they should have, class display from masch and lucas. reina was my man of the match though. but we arent out yet, if lyon have any decensy in their heart theyll but a fight up against fiorentina because they arent unbeatable, we should destroy them next game.
      posotive fro this match was the babel goal, good to see why benitez has faith in him. shame he cant do it more often
      my dad was saying to me that voronin is good and lucas is crap, he must be having a laugh seriously

anyway, its not over until its over.

YNWA
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #86: Nov 04, 2009 10:07:44 pm
      Voronin huh, give him 10 more chances with the goalkeeper to beat and I bet my last dollar he'll will still fail. For god's sake someone please tell him to get rid of his f**king pony tail. It's bad omen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #87: Nov 04, 2009 10:07:52 pm
      Ide give a tenner for him,an then lock him in our shed,feeding him scraps til his careers out >:D

Takes up perfectly good space in your shed then though.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #88: Nov 04, 2009 10:08:08 pm
      h
      Thought we played a lot better than most of the season.

Considering the line up and the opposition and the situation - that was a very good showing.

Torres was way off the pace - he was walking whenever he could.  Such a shame to see.

Let's hope we pick ourselves up and we've got a semi-decent side to put out to wipe the floor with Birmingham.  

Voronin's finishing was sh*te, but it was noticeable that he was finding the positions to be in, whereas a clearly injured Torres wasn't.  Anyway, not too disheartened because the performance was much better.
      ow can you not be disheartened by basicly getting knocked out of the champions league because im absolutely gutted.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Reply #89: Nov 04, 2009 10:08:37 pm

Fluffed that chance in the first half but tried to get in positions in the second half, especially as Torres quite clearly wasn't fully fit.

He's only there until Alberto is fully fit.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #90: Nov 04, 2009 10:09:47 pm
      The manager and players will more than likely come in for criticism that they do not dererve.I for one will not criticise anyone after that performance,and when the Rafa bashers resurface,I will continue to defend my team and manager.Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it's factual and constructive.I look forward to giving Birmingham a pasting on Monday.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #91: Nov 04, 2009 10:10:02 pm
      Anyone else notice Torres kept stopping and seeming out of breath?

Quick Reply