Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Songs in the Match Day Programmes?

Read 1255 times
      jerseykopite
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      LFC Songs in the Match Day Programmes?
      May 03, 2007 11:02:36 pm
      what do you think about having a page in the program with the words to our most sung songs!  I took my two kids to see their first game against Wigan and sat in the kop I could not believe the amount of fans who did not sing, maybe did not know the words.  I know I was in the family section but if we want to win the premiership we need to create the kind of atmosphere as we did on Tuesday night and scare the crap out of them, home and away?

RTK. 
      YNWA
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2007 12:13:38 am by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Match Day Programes
      Reply #1: May 04, 2007 12:13:13 am
      On an interesting note.  Will this do... (From the Times)

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs/footballsongs.pdf
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: LFC Songs in the Match Day Programmes?
      Reply #2: May 04, 2007 08:54:03 am
      No I don't think it is a good idea to have song sheets what would be next cheerleaders and mascots to try and get people singing? When I started going the games it was every week home and away and you soon learnt the songs nowadays we get far more day tripper fans (who I don't have a problem with) who for one reason or another can't get to the game very often and so aren't hearing the songs week in week out. Another reason for the decline in singing on the Kop is because it is seated, in the early seventies when I first started going I paid to stand in the boys pen and as I got older the Kop, that was because I wanted to stand and I wanted to sing with all the lads who gathered in the middle, seats where introduced rightly for reasons we all know about but that was when the Kop choir for me went into decline. All the old farts who just wanted to sit in the main stand or the Kemlyn and moan and groan all game could now come and sit on the Kop and moan and it would be cheaper to do so and now we only ever hear the Kop as it was in its glory days at big games, that's why I like the new owners idea of getting anyone who wants to sing grouped together in an area of the Kop once the new ground is built and if you don't want to sing they are giving season ticket holders the chance to move seats. Do all you can to learn the reds hymn book, ask on here, look on the internet and practice them at home but please don't ask for a song sheet to sing you'll never walk alone or fields of Anfield road. Hope you and your kids enjoyed your day and get to do it again soon. YNWA
      jerseykopite
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      Re: LFC Songs in the Match Day Programmes?
      Reply #3: May 04, 2007 09:45:16 am

Oh we will,  it was a great day loved the whole experience did the museum and tour on the Friday, traveling from Jersey makes it harder to get to games on a regular basis, can't wait to go again. YNWA

Quick Reply