Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should Cisse be given another chance?

Yes, he's better than current options
      10 (30.3%)
      No, not good enough, not going to change
      6 (18.2%)
      Give him pre-season, see what he can do
      16 (48.5%)
      Loan him out again, hope he can come good
      1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Cisse on Football Focus

Read 4720 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Re: Cisse on Football Focus
      Reply #23: May 06, 2007 11:23:54 am
      I would give cisse a chance as he seems to really want to come back and do well for the club. If he scores anywhere near the 19 goals he got last year it can't be a bad move.
      Cy
      Reply #24: May 06, 2007 11:35:28 am
      Thanks for the link mate. It's not because he (maybe) changed and become (magically) humble that this would made him a better player in term of workloads for the team. I think JD is making a good point by saying that maybe because our strikers haven't been at the top this year some seems to see Cisse as the solution.

I think it will be all about money, if a club is ready to pay good money for him, Benitez will sell him, if not keeping him as a sub but I can't see Benitez calling back Cisse as our main striker especially with the money he will have during the summer. Cisse has pace and finish yes, but can't really dribble, lazy in defense work and don't forget that at the moment in the French league he hasn't have a great time (although he scores 11 goals but still, French league). Let's play it safe by having him on a preseason if we don't have a good price to sell.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #25: May 06, 2007 11:45:27 am
      Thanks for the link mate. It's not because he (maybe) changed and become (magically) humble that this would made him a better player in term of workloads for the team. I think JD is making a good point by saying that maybe because our strikers haven't been at the top this year some seems to see Cisse as the solution.

I think it will be all about money, if a club is ready to pay good money for him, Benitez will sell him, if not keeping him as a sub but I can't see Benitez calling back Cisse as our main striker especially with the money he will have during the summer. Cisse has pace and finish yes, but can't really dribble, lazy in defense work and don't forget that at the moment in the French league he hasn't have a great time (although he scores 11 goals but still, French league). Let's play it safe by having him on a preseason if we don't have a good price to sell.

This is the key to why he didn't fit in to Rafa's plans for me. Attacking wise, he wasn't world class but I would put him as a very good attacking player, certainly better than members of our current squad, i.e Bellamy. As you pointed out he was lazy in his defensive duties, but there is a big difference between being too lazy to do something, and being unable to do something. Cisse, on the odd occasions that he did track back, didn't seem to have any problems. It might be something to do with the fact that we are back in the Champions League final again, but Cisse seems to definately want to come back, and is aware of what's required of him. Personally I would give him a chance in pre-season, but he has to hit the ground running. If he hasn't shown the right qualities by August I'd get straight rid again.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #26: May 06, 2007 02:36:18 pm
      I think rafa should give him a chance next season if he blows it sell him in january,hes better than bellamy put it tat way.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #27: May 06, 2007 04:20:32 pm
      I'd say  :angry-smiley-034:. He's quick, yes, and maybe eaten some humble pie, and has a desire to return, but I STILL say NO, but still sell Bellamy.  There are a few quality strikers out there....we haven't got time to give players a 'chance' then sell in January if they flop, we'll drop a sh*t load of points and be out the race again.

We need to start firing from the off come August.  That's my lil' ole view  ;)
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #28: May 06, 2007 05:17:53 pm
      i think we should bring him back, he obviously has pace and is a better finisher than Bellamy. Maybe he should work on his runs in training to beat the offside trap. This has been Bellamys problem sometimes this season too, Cisse seems to want to come back badly and he is always going to a be a danger to defences.

He could have a good partners ship with Kuyt, Kuyt just behind him pinging through balls for Cisse to chase.

bring him back.
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #29: May 06, 2007 06:58:39 pm
      Still unsure about Cisse.  The interview seems good but he can be a lazy, arragant gobs***e on the pitch.  I for one would love Cisse to be a good player for us because the the guy has raw talent and pace in abundance.  He scored plenty last season and god knows we could do with more goals. He seems to have had a reality check but i'm just not sure you can change your personality traits.  Benitez seemed to think he was a bit of a pain in the arse with his hairstyles, boots and generally enormous ego.  Also, he doesn't seem to have a good footballing brain.  We all remember how frustrating he could be at times, not seeing the pass, making the wrong decision, snatching at chances (worst example vs manutd :f_steam:). One game that springs to mind was Istanbul.  Coming on late with his pace should have been a massive boost to Liverpool and although he made the odd good contribution, and showed bottle in the pens,  on the large part he was awful and at times a liability.  Seeing his laziness at times in extra time was painful because of what was at stake and we know that Rafa is all about hard work.
      I can't decide on this one ??? because he's a player that I wouldn't really want to see lining up against us for another premier league club.
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #30: May 06, 2007 07:02:17 pm
      My opinion is that we shud bring him back for next season see if he can prove something to us .

Why not?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cisse has to be better than Andriy Voronin as a 4th striker if Cisse shows his old Liverpool days then we ship him off maybe for more than we will get for him if we sell him in the summer for 6-8 million clubs wont regonise him as a good player from Liverpool but as a flop offloaded to Marseille .

Lets give him a chance as we spent so much on him it would be a waste to just tell him to f$$k off

(Yes and I know how frustrating  he was to watch if u asked me last season I would of said sell him )
       :afro:
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2007 07:05:16 pm by LFC LEGENDS »
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #31: May 06, 2007 07:05:56 pm
      we have nothing to lose,,he is still a liverpool player,,so bring him for the pre seoson than decide ,,,at the moment we can never get nearer the price liverpool paid,,,, so why not
      christov84
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #32: May 06, 2007 07:53:20 pm
      I would be willing to give Cisse a second chance but make sure he knows in no uncertain terms he has to work much harder.  But the problem for me is Rafa is obviously going to keep Kuyt and Crouch IMO, and Fowler and Bellamy will leave, but Voronin is already coming in the summer which gives us 3 strikers and then bringing Cisse back will make it to four obviously, which all means that there wont be any room to sign the world class striker we need like Eto'o or Villa because 5 strikers would be overload and for that reason I would let Cisse leave.
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2007 08:07:05 pm by christov84 »
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #33: May 06, 2007 08:48:13 pm
      I think he deserves another chance as when he was here he didnt have the best of times. He was constantly being played out of position, he had a broken leg and he was signed by one manager and then had to work with a completely different one!! Give him another chance

Quick Reply