Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Ferguson writes off England's World Cup chances (and attacks us in the end, too)

Read 2249 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Ferguson writes off England's World Cup chances (and attacks us in the end, too)
      Nov 22, 2009 04:05:48 am
      Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has sensationally written off England’s chances of winning the World Cup - even though nine of his squad are battling to win a place in Fabio Capello’s plans.

The Manchester United manager declared he ‘can’t see past Brazil’ to triumph for a record sixth time in South Africa next summer and said England do not have enough players with regular Champions League experience to be world champions.
      Although Ferguson - who has lived in England since 1986 when he first became Manchester United manager - did not say he wants England to fail, his verdict will be
      a blow to Capello and key United players such as Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand,
      who hope to lead England to World Cup glory for the first time since 1966.

An under-strength England were outplayed by a Brazil side led by Kaka last weekend,
      but Ferguson is unsure whether Capello’s full team would get the better of the South
      Americans.

Ferguson said: ‘I can’t see past Brazil, actually. They are going to be the ones in South Africa. They are going to be hard to beat. You just have to think of the players they can bring in - they are a supplier of great players.

‘Last season, there were 103 Brazilians in the Champions League and only 15 Englishmen. More Scots played in the Champions League last season than English
      players. I thought the 11/10 on Brazil to beat England was the bet of the century.’

Ferguson’s candid views are unlikely to endear himself to several of his own players at United, who are all hoping to get called up by Capello.

Rooney, Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Wes Brown and Ben Foster are all likely to go to
      South Africa. Owen Hargreaves, Michael Owen, Gary Neville and Danny Welbeck are
      hoping for a late call into the squad as England try to win the World Cup for the first time on foreign soil.

Ferguson believes England lack strength-in in-depth because of the lack of Champions League football played by many of Capello’s squad.

And he is waiting like everyone else for key players like Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard to produce their club form in an England shirt.

Ferguson added: ‘The small number of English players in the Champions League is
      down to the way the Premier League has developed.

‘The eternal question is at what point the Premier League is going to have to feature more English players.

‘We are not too bad at this club in terms of young players coming through but Liverpool
      would struggle.

Looks like he heard about his role in "15 Minutes That Shook The World" and was determined to speak against us.
      Bloody tw*t. Bet Capello would love reading this article.  ::)
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Re: Ferguson writes off England's World Cup chances (and attacks us in the end, too)
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2009 07:39:21 am
      I would be just as worried about Spain as I would about Brazil.

The article is not exactly earth shattering news. England are ranked about 8th in the world and therefore should be knocked out in the quarter finals if they perform to expectations.

I think Brazil and Spain are standouts, so if England were to avoid those two in the draw then they may have a chance of grabbing a semi final spot, but thats really hoping for a lot. We all know in our hearts that its just as likely for England to bow out even sooner.

Penalties and goalkeeping blunders normally account for us in these competitions.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: Ferguson writes off England's World Cup chances (and attacks us in the end, too)
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2009 08:03:12 am
      England are ranked about 8th in the world and therefore should be knocked out in the quarter finals if they perform to expectations.
      Since when have world rankings started deciding a world cup?
      But I still agree that they have been greatly under-performing on the big stage, and with the players they have got, they should be doing decently well this time.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Ferguson writes off England's World Cup chances (and attacks us in the end,
      Reply #3: Nov 22, 2009 08:29:17 am
      I do not understand why any article about what this c**t has said is posted in anything but the "Laugh at the Mancs thread"

He's a F***ing bitter c**t who doesn't like the thought of anyone succeeding but himself. Hate the b***ard, hope he chokes on his morning whiskey.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #4: Nov 22, 2009 11:43:52 am
      The Scottish eh?

What are they like?
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #5: Nov 22, 2009 12:55:29 pm
      As Greece showed in Euro 2004 and Denmark all the way back in Euro 92 the winner of a particular tournament is not necessarily the strongest side on paper. If England get off to a good start then they have got the players to go all the way. It's a bif if though. They did come through their group very well so I wouldn't go writing them off by any means.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #6: Nov 22, 2009 01:22:14 pm
      England play some good stuff.

Remember that when they were beaten by Brasil, they only had 3 of their first XI, whereas Brasil had 9 of their first XI.

That makes a huge difference, and I thought England had a fair few chances against that Brasil side too.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7: Nov 22, 2009 01:50:05 pm
      The goon doesn't even make sense, Liverpool would struggle with bringing through youngsters? Clearly he hasn't taken note of how many youngsters we have played this season for us.

Tell you what he struggles with, putting the bottle down.

P.S This is the world cup that Holland finally win!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #8: Nov 22, 2009 01:50:16 pm
      I don't read or listen to this fool, I have not read this thread, and when he is on the TV, I turn over. I don't give a fig what he says or does. He is like a spoilt child and the FA continue to mollie codle him. Now and again he spends a day on the naughty step, when what he needs is a really good spanking.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 22, 2009 03:37:28 pm
      Capello might want to ram his words down his throat. England have got a chance if they sort their back four out, and don't have Foster in nets
      P.S// Ivory Coast and or Ghana to make at least the semi's
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: Nov 22, 2009 03:45:37 pm
      ‘Last season, there were 103 Brazilians in the Champions League and only 15 Englishmen. More Scots played in the Champions League last season than English
      players.'

What a stupid thing to say. It's a well know fact that English players want to stay in the PL as it's the best league there is and they are more loyal to their clubs.

Brazilian players come to play in Europe to improve their careers.

He talks absolute sh*te. In fact Capello should tell him to shut the F**k up quite frankly.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Nov 22, 2009 03:47:42 pm
      Shut up you alcohol swigging bellend.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #12: Nov 22, 2009 11:23:42 pm
      Firstly Sir Alex go and Sir Alex my d*ck your name is Alex Ferguson not Sir Alex you old c**t. And yes its Mighty Liverpool to you.

Secondly I agree with him about England's chances. First flight home I think. Shi**est country in the finals
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #13: Nov 23, 2009 03:04:53 am
      As usual my reaction... Who gives a F**k about what he thinks. He wakes up every morning, and thinks of a way to get his name in the paper. 

So, easy fix.  I think he should actually get a jersey, suit up, lace the cleats and play. He's obviously the GREATEST FOOTBALL GOD in the history of the universe. He knows exactly how to win every game ever played. He gets the ball and will score 30 plus goals a game. His participation on the World Cup will GUARANTEE England win. Ha!  That fat shithead would break a hip when he made his first pass.  :D

Hes lucky that he got his "Knighthood" in this century and not when it actually meant you had to have some sense of honor,respect,Integrity, fighting skills and the abilities to lift things and walk 6 or more feet a day.

Could you Imagine that fat f***in' drunk as an actual Knight. HA!  :lmao:  His shield would be made from the bottom of a Scotch Barrel and his poor horse would fall over dead after dragging his chubby ass a 1/4 mile.  He would probably be burned at the stake for being the worlds first "douchebag".. Ha..F**k you Ferguson.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #14: Nov 23, 2009 03:57:56 am
      Since when have world rankings started deciding a world cup?
      But I still agree that they have been greatly under-performing on the big stage, and with the players they have got, they should be doing decently well this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many teams in the competition have a chance, as lady luck and poor officiating are bound to cause some upsets.  I am just thinking that if everything did pan out as expected Brazil and Spain should fight out the final.
      England have probably shown enough in the qualifying stages to suggest they are capable of justifying a top 8 nation ranking and making the quarter finals.
      History would indicate thats where we have been for a long time, and the next challenge is to go one better in a major competition.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #15: Nov 23, 2009 04:34:27 am
      Its always the same teams that end up strong. Brazil, Italy Spain,England, Argentina,France ..Do I think it will be Brazil in the Final. probably. But they can be beat. They have weaknesses. The US almost took them down, so any team can beat any team. The World Cup is never a "Lock" for one team. One bad bounce, one bad call etc. Anything can happen.  I think England can win.

I wish I could say the same for the U.S team, but I think were still a few years off from true competition. Next World Cup, baring any catastrophic Injuries or anything the US can field a top 8 team.  Our youth programs are beginning to produce some top class players. If we can get some more American born in the EPL, Serie A and La Liga play against the best we could make a run for the next Cup.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #16: Nov 23, 2009 05:38:39 pm
      Secondly I agree with him about England's chances. First flight home I think. Shi**est country in the finals

Of course, right?

Because you've shown brilliant evidence to back that up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #17: Nov 23, 2009 05:51:33 pm
      Don't give a F**k to be honest as much as I don't give a F**k what that septic old b***ard spews out next.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #18: Nov 23, 2009 07:37:22 pm
      As usual my reaction... Who gives a F**k about what he thinks. He wakes up every morning, and thinks of a way to get his name in the paper. 

So, easy fix.  I think he should actually get a jersey, suit up, lace the cleats and play. He's obviously the GREATEST FOOTBALL GOD in the history of the universe. He knows exactly how to win every game ever played. He gets the ball and will score 30 plus goals a game. His participation on the World Cup will GUARANTEE England win. Ha!  That fat shithead would break a hip when he made his first pass.  :D

Hes lucky that he got his "Knighthood" in this century and not when it actually meant you had to have some sense of honor,respect,Integrity, fighting skills and the abilities to lift things and walk 6 or more feet a day.

Could you Imagine that fat f***in' drunk as an actual Knight. HA!  :lmao:  His shield would be made from the bottom of a Scotch Barrel and his poor horse would fall over dead after dragging his chubby ass a 1/4 mile.  He would probably be burned at the stake for being the worlds first "douchebag".. Ha..F**k you Ferguson.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply