Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)

Read 10502 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)
      Reply #23: Nov 12, 2009 04:02:17 pm
      Fancy a bit of that! movement of the ball is good a good striker of the ball and also the threat of aerial presence from set plays,could be the answer to replace an injured torres or in gerrards role with the skipper moving back into his central role!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Nov 12, 2009 06:31:29 pm
      He is a very average striker, very limited, I was talking to a few Spurs fans today and they were pissing themselves about this to be honest, told me he has being sh*te for them and wouldn't run to warm himself. They were asking me would we take Bentley as well.

I think it is a sad day when the majority of comments are for signing this lad. Remember this lad has failed miserably at Spurs yes Spurs. I thought we were a top four side can you imagine any of the rest of the clubs in the top 4 signing him. His goal scoring record was meant to be poor in Russia something like 1 in 3.

Would be a awful signing.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #25: Nov 12, 2009 07:24:24 pm
      Do you think they would take voronin off of us in a swap... :laugh: :laugh:
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #26: Nov 12, 2009 07:52:39 pm
      This guy can only score in the Carling Cup, and we're out of that.

It's a no from me. Not good enough, being kept out of the Tottenham Hotshit squad by the likes of Keane. Says it all.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: Nov 12, 2009 08:02:49 pm
      Him and VDV in the winter.

I'd be happy with that, probably wouldn't cost too much either.

Same here.

This guy can only score in the Carling Cup, and we're out of that.

It's a no from me. Not good enough, being kept out of the Tottenham Hotshit squad by the likes of Keane. Says it all.

I think he'd be better than Voronin. That's not bad for more or less sod all.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #28: Nov 12, 2009 08:31:39 pm
      This would be a complete joke, he can't get near the Spurs due to 2 ex Liverpool strikers there. I remember when Spurs signed him a Russian Journalist on the radio saying he couldn't understand the signing. He said he was not good enough for Spurs and would flop, he has proved right.

I remember something like that as well but it was more to the point that the Russian striker they should of signed was Pavel Pogrebnyak who was the real talented Russian striker, not Pavlyuchenko who is another reason you don't buy a player who just played good in a major tournament.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #29: Nov 12, 2009 08:47:15 pm
      Haha this has come out and it was I that suggested we nab him on load or buy him as back up for Nando.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Nov 12, 2009 08:51:03 pm
      This lad is not good enough for Spurs and this to me means he is not good enough for us. It is a sad day when we have to look for loan signings off Spurs especially lads that have flopped dismally in the Premiership. If this is the calibre of player we are considering it really is a sad day for, ya he is better than Voronin but so are in strikers playing in the Premiership.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #31: Nov 12, 2009 09:03:30 pm
      He hasn't flopped at Spurs, he's not been given a chance to play, they're dumb enough to not start him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: Nov 12, 2009 09:23:23 pm
      Of course he has flopped why would you consider him a success, if you do you should talk to some Spurs fans. The reason he doesn't start is because Defoe, Keane and Crouch are better than him and when he has played he has being poor. They spent £16.8 million and he can't get his game and you think he hasn't flopped.

His goal scoring in the Russian league was 1 in 3 or 4 games, just so you don't think he has just being unlucky at Spurs. This lad is no where good enough to be a Liverpool player.

He doesn't have the attributes for the Premiership. Mark my words he will flop dismally with us as well if he signs, would be a terrible signing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Nov 12, 2009 09:47:10 pm
      If this is the calibre of player we are considering it really is a sad day for

Well given our finanacial problems we can't exactly go after the likes of Silva can we?!

Also he has never really been given the chance at Spurs because as soon as Redknapp took over he was never even given the opputunity he deserved.

For me Crouch is a perfect player to be compared to with this because a lot of people were split over whether it would be worthwile getting him but look what happened, he turned out to be an important player.

Don't know how you can say he doesn't have the attributes for the Premiership because he hasn't even played more than 30 games. He has scored in every Cup game except the Carling Cup final and he scored both goals against Engand when Russia won 2-1.

Or are you just pissed about it because he scored against us and has given us a fair few problems when we have played Spurs?

Roman Pavlyuchenko Compilation

Looks like he has potential to become a much better player under better management.

Spose if he was to sign and flop I suppose it would provide you with another player to slate than Lucas though :D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #34: Nov 12, 2009 09:48:49 pm
      I actually do think he'd do alright here. He'd definately do us a job whilst Nando is out.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #35: Nov 12, 2009 09:49:06 pm
      I would take Pavlyuchenko on loan for definite.

Nando looks like he's going to have one of those seasons and Pavlyuchenko is preferable to our other strikers. Yes it's true that Nando is our 1st choice and always will be but it'd be interesting to see how Pavlyuchenko plays alongside Nando. Assuming of course this loan move happens.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #36: Nov 12, 2009 09:49:12 pm
      If not, why not Raul on loan? He's out of favour with Madrid nowdays. ;)
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Nov 12, 2009 09:50:06 pm
      FFS. Its only a loan. If he is sh*t. Throw him back to Spur.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #38: Nov 12, 2009 09:52:12 pm
      If not, why not Raul on loan? He's out of favour with Madrid nowdays. ;)

Because he's about a million years old ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #39: Nov 12, 2009 09:52:55 pm
      Because he's about a million years old ;)

No-one can match him for experience!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40: Nov 12, 2009 09:53:34 pm
      I don't think Raul would leave Madrid even if he was told by the Manager he wouldn't play for them ever again.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Nov 12, 2009 09:57:01 pm
      If you like old bitches. I suggest Luca Toni. He will rape any defence with his size.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Nov 12, 2009 09:57:07 pm
      Pav on loan? F***ing get him in. If it really is a loan then why F***ing complain? We need all the help we can get. He is better than the pony for sure, and for no money at all it could be a golden opportunity to boost our lagging attacking ranks. Seriously no one should complain about a loan deal like this, its like telling Santa to F**k off and bring you a Lamborgini instead of the nice BMW he has brought - It's decent and its free. So take it.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #43: Nov 12, 2009 10:00:09 pm
      If you like old bitches. I suggest Luca Toni. He will rape any defence with his size.
      If we could get him I'd definately say yes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #44: Nov 12, 2009 10:01:01 pm
      Wasn't Toni linked to West Ham?

We could definitely have him then.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #45: Nov 12, 2009 10:03:41 pm
      On FM he's on 100 and something grand a week. I tried to get him on loan but Bayern wanted me to pay his full wages.

;)

Quick Reply