Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

The NBA

Read 108492 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: The NBA
      Reply #644: Dec 20, 2011 02:13:52 pm
      Supporting Phili as always with the NBA. Mainly due to when I first started to watch in 06ish Iverson was the man and I can't just change alliances now.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #645: Dec 20, 2011 06:18:08 pm
      Supporting Phili as always with the NBA. Mainly due to when I first started to watch in 06ish Iverson was the man and I can't just change alliances now.

Good man...that will require some patience, especially since they'll probably try to rid themselves of Iguodala and Brand this year (from what I understand). That team has a lot of work to do. Spent way too much time relying on Iverson and not getting good young players.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #646: Dec 20, 2011 06:20:40 pm
      Yea it's the start of a new era at the club I think, I'd say it'll take  a year or two to really see any hope of a an off-season place
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #647: Dec 20, 2011 10:08:28 pm
      Kobe finally getting a divorce, the pig. Wife found him cheating.

Idiot bragged to his team mates and they told their wives who then told Kobe's wife.

I hate him. Sucked in. w**ker.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #648: Dec 21, 2011 10:21:03 pm
      LeBron the most complete player? That's a F***ing laugh.

No post game. No midrange game.

He might be the best passer in the game. Complete player? Not a chance. His offensive game revolves around the fastbreak and driving to the lane, without that, he's sh*te. It was proven.
      Agree 100%.. Lebron is a great player but honestly, I dont think he is the best player on the Heat.  I would take Wade over Lebron. At least Wade has a ring.

I think other players in the league are more well rounded. Derek Rose, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard.  We know what happens when the pressure is on and when he needs to perform, he chokes. He did it the NBA Finals with Cleveland and thats why he left for Miami. He cant do it on his own and I think if you have any chance of being considered the best ever, you need to win on a team that is not a junior dream team. Even if he wins a ring in Miami it will always be a "hollow" title, he had to "Buy" it.

I also think he lost a lot of fans with his "The Decision" bullshit.  The Cavs gave Lebron everything he wanted, they even gave his asshole friends from high school, executive level jobs in the Cavaliers organization, gave him his own private plane, executive office and suite, gave him the penthouse suites when they travelled, they paid for his entourage to travel with the team,he had his own personal doctor, trainer, assistants and a f***in "DJ".... A f***in DJ.  paid for by the Cavs, they gave his mom a HOUSE, and the Cavs would of signed anyone he wanted. 

I dont give a F**k what he says about having a "better Chance" of winning in Miami, thats sh*t. They just played in the NBA Finals and had the best record in the league. So, that excuse was sh*t. It wasnt money, the Cavs offered 30 MILLION DOLLARS more than Miami. He left because he acts like a spoiled bi*ch and wanted to get an easy ring. He knows it and so does everyone else.

Everything I heard about him is how much of an asshole he is. When he goes to a photo shoot, people are not allowed to talk to him or tell him what to do during the shoot. He goes to eat at restaurants and demands the owners to kick the other customers out before he comes in, he then treats staff like sh*t. He is a big fan of the "Do you know who I am" line. He just treats people like sh*t and I have no respect for him and I used to love Lebron, he was fun to watch and it was cool watching him play.

Now, I just think how spoiled and arrogant he is and I hope he blows his knees out and never plays again.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #649: Dec 21, 2011 11:51:10 pm
      Someone tell me the last player who won it "on his own". I'll be waiting.

Also, the Cavs gave him whatever he wanted? I sincerely doubt he demanded a washed up Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams to be the 2 best players he ever played with.

I'm a Heat fan and I'm no blind LeBron supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but I do disagree with the fact that:

a) He had a good chance in Cleveland. Given their record of putting talent around him, it's truly laughable for him to have faith in them. He also gave them 6 seasons to do so, and,

b) That the best players "win on their own". Not even Jordan did it without Pippen. Kobe never did it without Shaq or Gasol. Tim Duncan I'd say is the closest we've seen, and I think Ginobili and Parker are excellent players. Lebron's cast at Cleveland was never close to anything any other NBA champ has had in the modern era.

Anyhow, I hope he kicks on, works on his post game, and stops acting like he enjoys being hated. I know he doesn't, so stop talking and start playing. I can't take another year of abuse from my friends :D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #650: Dec 22, 2011 10:46:13 pm
      Someone tell me the last player who won it "on his own". I'll be waiting.

Also, the Cavs gave him whatever he wanted? I sincerely doubt he demanded a washed up Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams to be the 2 best players he ever played with.

I'm a Heat fan and I'm no blind LeBron supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but I do disagree with the fact that:

a) He had a good chance in Cleveland. Given their record of putting talent around him, it's truly laughable for him to have faith in them. He also gave them 6 seasons to do so, and,

b) That the best players "win on their own". Not even Jordan did it without Pippen. Kobe never did it without Shaq or Gasol. Tim Duncan I'd say is the closest we've seen, and I think Ginobili and Parker are excellent players. Lebron's cast at Cleveland was never close to anything any other NBA champ has had in the modern era.

Anyhow, I hope he kicks on, works on his post game, and stops acting like he enjoys being hated. I know he doesn't, so stop talking and start playing. I can't take another year of abuse from my friends :D
      Well regardless of Jamison or Mo Williams ability, they were good enough to finish with the best record in the NBA. Lebrons inability to win a Title was not the Cav's fault, it was James inability to produce when it mattered, his numbers from these deciding games are awful. Last year in the Finals he scored 11 4th qtr points, in the whole series.  11 POINTS.  sh*t, Mo Williams scored more than that in Cleveland.

Second their is a big difference in doing it on your own and "Buying" a title. Now you cant compare Jordan's run to what the trend is now. Jordan was lucky enough to have a player like Pippen on the team, but the Bulls got Pippen when he was rookie, in another deal. They didnt "Buy" their titles.  Those Bulls teams where put together by drafts and minor trades. Over the run, they had any number of other guys coming in and playing. The only big free agent pick-up was for Rodman, who was not an offensive power. People weren't fawning all over players like BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr, Luc Longley and Kukoc. Plus dont forget, Jordan was a MONSTER in the playoffs and James has absolutely no comparison to speak of. None. Jordan carried his teams in every series. Jordan never would of scored only 11 points total in the 4th qtr of a series. Jordan played all-out. Do I need to mention James and his last Cavs performance against the Celtics. Even the biggest Lebron lovers dont know what to say about that.

When it comes to Lebron, its always an excuse. Why is that? He didnt have this or that or needs this guy or that guy etc, etc... Well now what?  He had what he needed last season and what happened?  All his talk about not having the talent around him and he gets it and still played like sh*t when he needed to play great. Stop with the excuses, Lebron. He needs to stop playing up his 'King James" title, a title he gave himself by the way and start playing like he needs to. Stop with the showboating, and the bullshit and the whole pre game powder in the air sh*t and win a title.  Lebron acts like a champion and he isnt one.

If James had won a title w/ the Cavs then their would be no debate, but he didnt.

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #651: Dec 22, 2011 11:27:20 pm
      Jordan was 27 when he won his first title. Lebron is 27. Christ, I think even the most educated person in the world knows he'll never be Michael Jordan. All I'm saying is that everyone F***ing chides him for bailing on Cleveland, when they supported him with F***ing Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and Larry Hughes as his "sidekicks". Jordan had Pippen, who is in my opinion one of the 10 best players I've ever seen in my lifetime. Rodman, you're right, wasn't an offensive powerhouse. But he F***ing got every rebound he ever tried for. Look at his rebounding stats in his years with the Bulls:

Holy F***ing sh*t. He's arguably the best rebounder ever, so you can't discount him as a teammate. Lebron never had anyone close to that level of talent or contribution until he joined the Heat.

James isn't a pure scorer like Jordan was, and never will be, so it's harder for him to take over like MJ, Kobe or Wade can. I was furious at how he shrunk in the 4th quarter in the finals last season, but he also F***ing sh*t all over the Celtics in the 2nd round, so it's not like he was terrible all playoffs as the media would suggest.

I'm a huge Heat fan, and have been since I went to my first game as a child, but I wasn't happy when Lebron came. I wanted competitive parity in the NBA, and I wish more players would take it upon themselves to stay in one place for a lifetime. I also knew that everyone would jump all over him, while no one ever got on Kobe for demanding a trade, shitting all over his teammates when he didn't get Jason Kidd, and then all of a sudden being the best player in the NBA again when he got Pau Gasol.

There is no one in the NBA who wins on their own. Dirk and Duncan are the only two to come close in the last couple of decades, and their supporting casts were just retardedly good. The last guy to even will a team far in the playoffs was Iverson. Too bad Philly never supported him either while he was still good.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #652: Dec 23, 2011 04:42:32 am
      My anger is not strictly aimed at Lebron, but it is aimed at what he represents. Its this new idea that the NBA is now just some marketing tool to grab as much money as possible, hold teams and owners hostage with bullshit demands and F**k the fans and what they want. Its almost like the actual act of playing the basketball games is second to getting your shoe contracts and jobs for your high school friends. Its the whole "Gotta get mine" attitude.  He goes on ESPN for a 1 hour "Decision". Then realizing how much of a f***in' douchebag he was for doing that, donated 2 Million to the Boys and Girls Club, which came from the reported 5 million he got for doing the "Decision" in the first place, oh and he donated Nike Gear...Which cost him nothing to begin with. What a guy.

Its been like that for years now, Lebron isnt the only one but he certainly is the most arrogant player in the league and he hasnt won sh*t and the more people keep making excuses for him and keep heaping on all the rewards and all the ass kissing it will never change. Its just the same fascination with "Idolatry" and celebrity in our society. We just heap praise and greatness on people when the are undeserving.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #653: Dec 25, 2011 08:42:37 pm
      Knicks!!! What a way to start the season ;D

Gave me a bloody heart attack giving up the nice lead they had in the third, but strong finish is good to see against a team we couldn't beat at all last season. Melo with 37!!!!
      moh21
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #654: Dec 26, 2011 01:57:35 pm
      ;D forget Lebron its all about D. Rose MVP
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #655: Dec 27, 2011 05:36:26 am
      Knicks!!! What a way to start the season ;D

Gave me a bloody heart attack giving up the nice lead they had in the third, but strong finish is good to see against a team we couldn't beat at all last season. Melo with 37!!!!

Great game for a neutral but F**k.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #656: Dec 27, 2011 05:50:04 pm
      Heat home opener against the Smelltics. Stuff those Boston cu*ts, please.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #657: May 02, 2012 10:04:38 pm
      How can i watch this in England?!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #658: May 03, 2012 04:38:05 pm
      Do I hate any team more than I hate the San Antonio Spurs?

Oh no I don't.

Come on Jazz, at home we need to do better than these first 2 games. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #659: Jun 06, 2012 02:45:18 am
      This series between the Heat and Celtics is just awesome. No team can break away without being caught.

I love you Rondo. He's holding this team together.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #660: Jun 06, 2012 04:04:15 am
      Rondo!!!!

He's been out of this world in the playoffs. What a machine.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #661: Jun 06, 2012 04:52:45 am
      Rondo jammy little pr**k!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6805 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #662: Jun 06, 2012 04:53:10 am
      what's the score?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #663: Jun 06, 2012 04:55:17 am
      2-2 now.

Celtics won the last game 94-90
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #664: Jun 06, 2012 02:34:25 pm
      1 minute to go... Lebron for 3... ops he missed it! Next play: Paul Pierce, marked by Lebron, he throws for 3... and he scores! ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6805 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #665: Jun 06, 2012 10:19:55 pm
      2-2 now.

Celtics won the last game 94-90

Isn't it 3-2 Celtics way?  Come on LeBron do it for Liverpool!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #666: Jun 08, 2012 12:05:03 am
      Time to wrap it up in Boston tonight :)

Miami who? LeBron who? Dwayne WHO?!?!

Quick Reply