Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

David Silva (Manchester City)

Read 218257 times
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Re: David Silva (Valencia)
      Reply #69: Jun 21, 2008 01:13:41 am
      If we were only to buy one more player in this transfer window, it would be Silva for me he is the answer to the problems we have on the wing for the last number of years.Could be the missing piece of Rafa's masterplan  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #70: Jun 21, 2008 01:16:05 am
      Could be the missing piece of Rafa's masterplan  ;)

Lets hope so, although it would be nice to have another world class striker
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #71: Jun 21, 2008 01:25:09 am
      True. Although I see Babel being a confidence player. Hopefully the injury and the missing of Euro 2008 won't dent his confidence.

I don't think they'll risk losing both hands ;)

Thats true, i hope so too mate.

Also, Villa has said he doesnt really want to leave valencia, i read it somewhere earlier i'll try and find it. If he doesnt come to us i want him to stay at valencia. As long as it doesnt stop us signing silva anyway ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #72: Jun 21, 2008 01:28:24 am
      Also, Villa has said he doesnt really want to leave valencia, I read it somewhere earlier I'll try and find it. If he doesnt come to us I want him to stay at valencia. As long as it doesnt stop us signing silva anyway ;)

Is this what you read?

its from talkaloadofbull.com

The Spain striker has been in electrifying form at Euro 2008 so far, scoring four goals, prompting interest from the top clubs in all areas of the continent.

And the mass interest in Villa, coupled with Valencia’s current financial turmoil, led to the general media assumption that the clinical finisher would be set for pastures new this summer.

However, Villa has now taken time out of his preparations for Spain’s quarter-final clash with Italy to clarify his commitment to Los Che, revealing that the thought of leaving the Mestalla this summer has not even crossed his mind.

"I left the club to compete in Euro 2008 and, when it ends, I hope to be going back to Valencia," Villa said to radio station Radio 9.

"I never thought about leaving before Euro 2008 and I'm have not been thinking about it now."

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea have all openly expressed their admiration for the 26-year-old, while Arsenal have also been linked with the player.

Spanish champions Madrid and arch-rivals Barca would reportedly be amongst the front-runners for Villa’s signature should he become available, due to sources close to the striker revealing that if he were to leave Valencia he would prefer to stay in Spain, despite his admiration for England’s Premier League.

Valencia only have UEFA Cup football to offer Villa next season, a qualification only gained due to their Copa Del Rey exploits, and with Villa’s team-mate David Silva also linked with a move away from the Mestalla next season, it remains to be seen whether the club are indeed able to keep hold of their prized assets.

Club directors have assured fans of the 2004 La Liga champions that financial plans are in place to ensure that there will be no summer exodus.

And supporters will be delighted to hear their star striker commit himself to the club’s cause, even if the declaration only eventually serves to ensure that Valencia receive a higher price for the player’s services if he does depart.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #73: Jun 21, 2008 01:30:18 am
      It had the quotes from him in that in but that wasnt the article.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #74: Jun 21, 2008 01:33:11 am
      Heres what I read. Pretty similar.
      -----------------------------------------------------
      Villa reiterates Valencia stance
      Striker has no plans to leave Mestalla

David Villa has expressed his desire to remain at Valencia amid growing interest in his services.

The Spain striker's electrifying form at Euro 2008, coupled with the financial difficulties currently being experienced by Los Che, appeared to suggest that he would be on his way out of Mestalla this summer.

Europe's biggest names are already queuing up with their chequebooks open hoping to secure the services of a striker widely regarded as one the best on the continent, if not the world.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea have all openly expressed their admiration of the 26-year-old and would be among the front-runners for his signature should he become available.

Plans

With Valencia only having Uefa Cup football to offer Villa and much sought-after team-mate David Silva next season, it remains to be seen whether the club hang on to their prized assets.

However, club directors have assured supporters that financial plans are in place to ensure a summer exodus in avoided, and will be delighted to hear their star striker commit himself to the club.

"I left the club to compete in Euro 2008 and, when it ends, I hope to be going back to Valencia," Villa told radio station Radio 9.

"I never thought about leaving before Euro 2008 and I'm not thinking about it now.

----------------------------------------------------

Source: Sky Sports
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #75: Jun 21, 2008 03:19:23 am
      Heres what I read. Pretty similar.
      -----------------------------------------------------
      Villa reiterates Valencia stance
      Striker has no plans to leave Mestalla

David Villa has expressed his desire to remain at Valencia amid growing interest in his services.

The Spain striker's electrifying form at Euro 2008, coupled with the financial difficulties currently being experienced by Los Che, appeared to suggest that he would be on his way out of Mestalla this summer.

Europe's biggest names are already queuing up with their chequebooks open hoping to secure the services of a striker widely regarded as one the best on the continent, if not the world.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea have all openly expressed their admiration of the 26-year-old and would be among the front-runners for his signature should he become available.

Plans

With Valencia only having Uefa Cup football to offer Villa and much sought-after team-mate David Silva next season, it remains to be seen whether the club hang on to their prized assets.

However, club directors have assured supporters that financial plans are in place to ensure a summer exodus in avoided, and will be delighted to hear their star striker commit himself to the club.

"I left the club to compete in Euro 2008 and, when it ends, I hope to be going back to Valencia," Villa told radio station Radio 9.

"I never thought about leaving before Euro 2008 and I'm not thinking about it now.

----------------------------------------------------

Source: Sky Sports

He isn't some pompus pr!ck like Ronaldo. If he is contracted to a club he will honor that club and not speak out against them. He KNOWS that big clubs are after him, but he hardly seems like the Ronaldo type dickhead to come out and say "Yes I want the move. Everyone knows where I want to play"

Villa has a little more class than that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #76: Jun 21, 2008 06:52:51 am
      He's on his way out of there. Atleast he has the dignity to uphold his commitments to Valencia and not going around playing mind games. I think either Barca or us will snap him up.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #77: Jun 21, 2008 07:11:54 am
      He's on his way out of there. Atleast he has the dignity to uphold his commitments to Valencia and not going around playing mind games. I think either Barca or us will snap him up.

Exactly my point man.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Silva is a Red - in waiting...?
      Reply #78: Jun 21, 2008 08:06:09 am
      Convinced Silva is a Red - in waiting...

Rafa doesn't often leave things to chance when it concerns young Spanish signings, minimising risk of failure... I know Nuñez, Josemi and Morientes were exceptions to what I am about to say... but they left almost as quickly as they arrived through the Rafa-Revolving-LFC-Door...

Torres was known by Paco de Miguel as a kid playing at Atletico de Madrid.
      Arbeloa was known by Rafa as a kid playing in the youth set-up at Real Madrid.
      Xabi was known by Pako (in his day) as a kid playing at Real Sociedad.
      Luis Garcia was known by Rafa (his mgr) as a young lad playing for Tenerife in the 2nd division.
      Pepe was known by Rafa (he has said as much) when he was a kid making his name in Madrid (Pozuelo/Boadilla) before Barca snapped him up at 18.
      ...and now..
      Silva is known by Macia from his time running the youth set-up at Valencia.

The circle is closed - Silva is a Red.

I would say Rafa is organising and negotiationg the funds this very week. Xabi comes into the equation for a combination of reasons... but also for Rafa to show/prove to G&H that he knows how to buy (Silva, Barry)...but also knows WHEN to sell at optimal price without sentiment (when the circumstances dictate we should do so... and those financial circumstances are very evident for the club owners right now).

Silva is only 22, he won't come cheap... but I hope (when, hopefully not if) he signs for LFC for many years to come.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Silva is a Red - in waiting...?
      Reply #79: Jun 21, 2008 08:10:55 am
      Of all the dream signings this summer, I think that this one is the most likely to happen. There are few names on everybody's wish-lists, but this happens to be one of them.

We have the connections, we have the right set-up, we have the promise of top-class football. There's no reason he wouldn't want to come.

So come on Rafa, bash Parry's ears with this name - Silva - until he gets this one sorted with the Yanks. Make it happen!

IRWT
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #80: Jun 21, 2008 09:29:45 am
       I see Gillett is reported as saying him and Hicks want to back RAFA in the transfer market and help RAFA to win the league an other tropheys. Lets hope he is being hones with us and not spinning a load of SH*te.The signs for Silva do look good and I believe Barry will sign any day now.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #81: Jun 21, 2008 10:06:43 am
      I trust your theories Don.  Somewhere down the line Silva is the one Rafa really wants.  I read that Rafa is confident he can land him for half the price. 

James Milner?  Albert Riera?  With a poof of smoke.... SILVA ::)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #82: Jun 21, 2008 10:09:18 am
      I trust your theories Don.  Somewhere down the line Silva is the one Rafa really wants.  I read that Rafa is confident he can land him for half the price. 

James Milner?  Albert Riera?  With a poof of smoke.... SILVA ::)

Much better outcome isn't it?

I always worry that they won't make it in our league, but I've wanted us to sign David Silva for years (and Villa for that matter! ;))

If he's our 'big' signing this summer I'll be happy
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #83: Jun 21, 2008 10:15:56 am
      The way things are dragging out with regards to Barry Im not living in hope of some sensational signings to be honest. Why have Uncle Tom and Curious George all of a sudden buried the hatchet. Seems all too political to be honest can honestly say I will believe it when I see it..
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #84: Jun 21, 2008 10:16:37 am
      Much better outcome isn't it?

I always worry that they won't make it in our league, but I've wanted us to sign David Silva for years (and Villa for that matter! ;))

If he's our 'big' signing this summer I'll be happy

:D

And if he is our big signing along with Gareth Barry I don't think we've done too bad.  But I still am hoping for David Villa too.

Especially if the Yanks have come out saying they want to back Rafa.  They better F***ing back him then!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #85: Jun 21, 2008 10:30:45 am
      :D

And if he is our big signing along with Gareth Barry I don't think we've done too bad.  But I still am hoping for David Villa too.

Especially if the Yanks have come out saying they want to back Rafa.  They better F***ing back him then!

Very true! And Huntelaar ::) Just a thought! :D

If they want to get the fans onside then they best pull some money magically out of their arses and throw it at Rafa. A blank cheque will suffice! Bit unhygienic the first option! ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #86: Jun 21, 2008 10:37:28 am
      Why have Uncle Tom and Curious George all of a sudden buried the hatchet.

The answer to your question is to get behind our fantastic team, to further it's progression towards winning the elusive number 19, to make us the most powerful team in England, and competetive in the transfer market.

If you believe them...

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #87: Jun 21, 2008 11:10:54 am
      Like I said. Done before the Euros.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #88: Jun 21, 2008 11:30:15 am
      I have a feeling It will be Silva wearing the number '7' shirt next season. I would cry in joy if Villa came too!!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #89: Jun 21, 2008 11:32:20 am
      Silva coming to anfield and the Yanks calling a truce could just could open the door for villa to.

Fingers crossed guys
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #90: Jun 21, 2008 11:33:36 am
      Like I said. Done before the Euros.
      what was your source mate
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #91: Jun 21, 2008 11:44:38 am
      Gareth Barry, David Silva and David Villa please Rafa!! That will do us i think

Quick Reply