Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)

Read 30814 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
      Reply #115: Dec 05, 2009 09:16:26 pm
      I think it is fairly obvious now to everyone we need a striker, it's simple we have no money but we need someone in January and I can't think of any better suggestions than Van Nistelrooy.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #116: Dec 05, 2009 09:23:48 pm
      some of the balls Johnson was playing in today Ruud would have had a bag full of goals get the guy IMO cos we are shafted and ill try anything.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #117: Dec 05, 2009 09:35:56 pm
      I think it is fairly obvious now to everyone we need a striker, it's simple we have no money but we need someone in January and I can't think of any better suggestions than Van Nistelrooy.
      It looked like a non starter but as the time goes on it looks like Vans the man to get us out the sh*t, just his presence in the box can create openings by scaring the hell out of defenders and freeing up space for some poaching. Not a long term solution but that is not what is expected from him....it could just work.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #118: Dec 06, 2009 02:54:54 pm
      We need a strikes desperately, and he his an out and out striker, the type of we need desperately
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #119: Dec 14, 2009 01:19:26 am
      I'm hearing pay as you play?

Me Dad said that Aldo mentioned it on City during the game.  No idea if this has any truth, no new posts in here bar mine!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #120: Dec 14, 2009 01:36:28 am
      id take him. he is a goal poacher
      experienced
      horse face or not.we need a serious bk up.
      pay as u play... y not
      n all dis crap about he is a ex manc.. so was ince...

its not same as owen as rvn isnt a local lad. we expected bta from owen as we give him a platform to play football n he should had respected his roots.

rvn is still a top player.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #121: Dec 14, 2009 03:15:03 am
      I would pay $2 million pounds for ruud anything else might be a little to much.

I think Rafa would love you to give him your 2million pounds, it would be a welcome christmas present
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #122: Dec 14, 2009 07:31:11 am
      Real don't want to play him, he's fourth choice at Real and certainly not looking likely that he's gonna get a run-out either. At 33, rotting at Madrid's bench, by coming to us it could be his last hurrah at top-level football. Just like so what Sami Hyypia wanted in the summer then.

If we show an interest then I've to say he's gotta be interested in joining us as well. Time is not on his side to play football.

He's a poacher, gets into the right place and the right time and scores goals. He does that exactly and that is all I'm concerned of. Get him and at 2 million that's a bargain and he might save our season.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #123: Dec 14, 2009 08:25:25 am
       If R.V.N is only 4th choice at Real Madrid then surely they will let him go for nothing just to get him off their wage bill.You can be sure he has been on good wages there,far more than we will   pay him.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #124: Dec 14, 2009 12:13:45 pm
      Move hangs on wages

Ruud van Nistelrooy's hopes of landing a New Year move to Anfield hinge on the Dutchman accepting a pay-as-you-play deal instead of the £100,000-a-week after-tax wages he earns at Real Madrid.

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed last month that Rafa Benitez had identified the former Manchester United striker as a January recruit.

But while Liverpool believe they can get Real to slash their initial £3million asking price for the 33-year-old, they are not willing to match his salary at the Bernabeu given his recent injury record.

Van Nistelrooy's advisers have touted him around Europe in a bid to safeguard his place in Holland's World Cup squad.

He is now fully recovered from a thigh problem, but opportunities with the Spanish giants are at a premium now they have Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema, Raul and Gonzalo Higuain to choose from.

Benitez is interested in doing a deal that will add more firepower to his squad. And Liverpool are also willing to meet Van Nistelrooy's demand for a two-and-a-half-year contract - but only if he slashes his current wages.

An Anfield source said: "There is an interest in Van Nistelrooy, but doing a deal will be very difficult unless something changes financially.

"His fitness record is a big worry. There are some reservations about bringing in a player who has suffered so much with injuries given how the squad has been hit by injuries this season.

"It would be a gamble, so any deal must offer some value for money otherwise it will not happen."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/van-nistelrooy-move-hangs-on-wages

Wonder who the Anfield source is.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #125: Dec 14, 2009 12:43:17 pm
      ^The source is Liverpoolfc.tv! ;)

If he doesn't want to accept the pay-as-you-play deal then sod it, I don't want him. What's the point of worrying too much financially when you're earning far too much?

You don't play for the money, you play for the shirt mate.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #126: Dec 14, 2009 01:57:52 pm
      No I mean it says:

"An Anfield source said:"

I wonder who that is!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #127: Dec 14, 2009 02:00:33 pm
      He won't accept a pay as you play deal, I doubt he'll come to Liverpool personally. His reason for leaving Real Madrid is because he wants to go to the World Cup. With that in mind, this isn't a good deal for him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #128: Dec 14, 2009 03:10:15 pm
      He won't accept a pay as you play deal, I doubt he'll come to Liverpool personally. His reason for leaving Real Madrid is because he wants to go to the World Cup. With that in mind, this isn't a good deal for him.
      He is not being realistic here at  his age most of his aspirations are unachievable from his international selection hopes to his wage demands.
       It does sound as though Real are of the same opinion with the fourth placing in the pecking order reflecting this and the players above him are highly rated internationals,this all points to the fact that either RVN or his agent are seriously at odds with the facts as they stand and while the situation exists he is not worth considering.
      If anything changes on his part he might be able to do a job for us but that is the word -  it does require a different mind set from the player for him to be of any use to LFC or anyone else for that matter.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #129: Dec 14, 2009 03:45:12 pm
      He is not being realistic here at  his age most of his aspirations are unachievable from his international selection hopes to his wage demands.
       It does sound as though Real are of the same opinion with the fourth placing in the pecking order reflecting this and the players above him are highly rated internationals,this all points to the fact that either RVN or his agent are seriously at odds with the facts as they stand and while the situation exists he is not worth considering.
      If anything changes on his part he might be able to do a job for us but that is the word -  it does require a different mind set from the player for him to be of any use to LFC or anyone else for that matter.

I disagree, I think he's fairly realistic. If he can find a club where he'll play regularly, a sub top club if needed, and he can remain injury free mostly, if he'll play enough he'll score.. don't think many people doubt that. If he'll play enough and score enough, then he's in the dutch national team. Looking at the dutch strikers, Van Persie might be lucky if he'll make the World Cup, Huntelaar isn't playing at Milan. That leaves Kuyt, and Kuyt is just not productive enough as a striker. Not to mention that Kuyt and Van Persie are filling the right winger position aswell. Even with all these players going to the World Cup, I can easily see Van Nistelrooy still coming along. Last tournament they brought Van Persie, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Van Nistelrooy AND Vennegoor of Hesselink, and that last one will certainly not be coming along.

And his wage demands. I don't know about that. I do know though, that a pay as you play construction does not work in his advantage. Because that construction, with Liverpool's current financial situation, would ensure he'll play as less as possible, which is exactly the opposite of what he wants.

Seems you have faith in Real's policy there, not sure why. But it isn't that strange he doesn't play at Real at the moment. They just bought Benzema for 35 million euros. Then they have Higuain who is doing well. Then they have Raul, and he's a legend at that club. And then they have Van Nistelrooy, who's been out for a year cause of an injury, lacks match fitness, and his contract is running out at the end of this season. Obviously playing Van Nistelrooy now isn't really in the long term interest for Real, considering they're probably banking on the future of Higuain and Benzema.
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009 03:53:12 pm by Dexter »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #130: Dec 14, 2009 04:15:53 pm
      I disagree, I think he's fairly realistic. If he can find a club where he'll play regularly, a sub top club if needed, and he can remain injury free mostly, if he'll play enough he'll score.. don't think many people doubt that. If he'll play enough and score enough, then he's in the dutch national team. Looking at the dutch strikers, Van Persie might be lucky if he'll make the World Cup, Huntelaar isn't playing at Milan. That leaves Kuyt, and Kuyt is just not productive enough as a striker. Not to mention that Kuyt and Van Persie are filling the right winger position aswell. Even with all these players going to the World Cup, I can easily see Van Nistelrooy still coming along. Last tournament they brought Van Persie, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Van Nistelrooy AND Vennegoor of Hesselink, and that last one will certainly not be coming along.

And his wage demands. I don't know about that. I do know though, that a pay as you play construction does not work in his advantage. Because that construction, with Liverpool's current financial situtation, would ensure he'll play as less as possible, which is exactly the opposite of what he wants.

Seems you have faith in Real's policy there, not sure why. But it isn't that strange he doesn't play at Real at the moment. They just bought Benzema for 35 million euros. Then they have Higuain who is doing well. Then they have Raul, and he's a legend at that club. And then they have Van Nistelrooy, who's been out for a year cause of an injury, lacks match fitness, and his contract is running out at the end of this season. Obviously playing Van Nistelrooy now isn't really in the long term interest for Real, considering they're probably banking on the future of Higuain and Benzema.
      How can he expect a top club to share the same optimistic sentiments about his ability,his fitness levels and his comparative financial worth that he and his agent contemplate?
      These are obviously going to be on the optimistic side for his own gratification and profit but while there is always going to be some bargaining attempts RVN is the wrong side of thirty and cannot afford to let things drag on to much - this is another detrimental factor to be taken into account.
      He has only to look 12 months to the future and consider how the situation could progress (if that is the right word) from there,if say he slotted in with LFC and put a few away he would be almost guaranteed a weekly start but the longer he pontificates the less chance he has to play for anyone.
      He is a striker end of -  therefore his alternatives are nil he has only one small arena to display his remaining skills and immediate employment is a must.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #131: Dec 14, 2009 04:24:25 pm
      owen has scored important goals for man utd why cant he do the same for us?
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #132: Dec 14, 2009 04:28:10 pm
      owen has scored important goals for man utd why cant he do the same for us?
      Proabaly because he plays for man united  ::)
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #133: Dec 14, 2009 04:40:06 pm
      How can he expect a top club to share the same optimistic sentiments about his ability,his fitness levels and his comparative financial worth that he and his agent contemplate?
      These are obviously going to be on the optimistic side for his own gratification and profit but while there is always going to be some bargaining attempts RVN is the wrong side of thirty and cannot afford to let things drag on to much - this is another detrimental factor to be taken into account.
      He has only to look 12 months to the future and consider how the situation could progress (if that is the right word) from there,if say he slotted in with LFC and put a few away he would be almost guaranteed a weekly start but the longer he pontificates the less chance he has to play for anyone.
      He is a striker end of -  therefore his alternatives are nil he has only one small arena to display his remaining skills and immediate employment is a must.
      Why wouldn't a top club share the same sentiments about his ability? I sure don't doubt it. His fitness level, sure.. that's a risk. But that last big injury that kept him out last season, he had the exact same injury on his other knee when he was still at PSV, I don't think that will be the problem. And I don't think he expects to keep the same wages or anything, obviously he'll try to get as much as possible, but don't think he'll have that much problems with cutting his wages. He was actually seriously considering going to AS Roma this summer, I doubt they can pay anywhere near his current wages, but in the end he wanted to give it another try at Real. He might be on the wrong side of 30, but he had plenty of suitors last summer, and will no doubt have plenty suitors this transfer window too.

Besides that though, do you really think he'd get a regular starting place at LFC? Considering an injury free and fit Torres, I don't see that happening. I don't see Benitez changing tactics for Van Nistelrooy either.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #134: Dec 14, 2009 05:39:21 pm
      Why wouldn't a top club share the same sentiments about his ability? I sure don't doubt it. His fitness level, sure.. that's a risk. But that last big injury that kept him out last season, he had the exact same injury on his other knee when he was still at PSV, I don't think that will be the problem. And I don't think he expects to keep the same wages or anything, obviously he'll try to get as much as possible, but don't think he'll have that much problems with cutting his wages. He was actually seriously considering going to AS Roma this summer, I doubt they can pay anywhere near his current wages, but in the end he wanted to give it another try at Real. He might be on the wrong side of 30, but he had plenty of suitors last summer, and will no doubt have plenty suitors this transfer window too.

Besides that though, do you really think he'd get a regular starting place at LFC? Considering an injury free and fit Torres, I don't see that happening. I don't see Benitez changing tactics for Van Nistelrooy either.
      You're right F**k him.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #135: Dec 14, 2009 06:44:28 pm
      Why would you want to F**k the horse face? Besides that's Michael Owens job. :f_tongueincheek:
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #136: Dec 14, 2009 07:25:07 pm
      Get him on loan until the end of the season, the signed in the summer.
      He's had premier league experience, he knows where the goal is and can link up well with Torres.
      Also he hates that fat drunken manc (Alex Ferguson) so he goes well in my head.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #137: Dec 14, 2009 07:34:23 pm
      I don't think Real will loan him out, his contract is running out this summer, they'll be looking to sell him.

Quick Reply