Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Dani Pacheco joins Norwich on loan

Read 10158 times
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Dani Pacheco joins Norwich on loan
      Reply #46: Mar 24, 2011 04:57:47 pm
      Kind of disappointed that he never got more of a chance here, for whatever reason, I always liked him.  Hope he makes the most of this experience.  Wish him the best of luck and really hope he comes back to us.
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #47: Mar 24, 2011 04:58:42 pm
      As 'Fields of Anny Road' said it's better him going here than - with all due respect, Bristol City for example who have nothing really left to play for or a lower divison side.

Norwich won't want to settle for someone who's just along for the ride they want that extra spark to push them to the promised land and he may just do that.

Hope it goes well for both Dani and the Canaries who are now a team I will be following more closely!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Mar 24, 2011 09:58:08 pm
      ......so can't cross all 6 fingers on each hand like my fellow Norwich fans, but I will be hoping to see you all at Carrow Rood next year boy...
      Cos of the webbing and the Deliverance music in the background?

Its not true.

Ask Alan Partridge on Radio Norwich.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #49: Mar 24, 2011 10:03:36 pm
      Got a feeling this will be the making or breaking of our Dani.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #50: Mar 24, 2011 11:36:46 pm
      Hope he can perform at Norwich, and let whoever in charge by then think twice about not using him. If he does not perform, doesnt mean he's bad, as one poster said above. Not physically gifted, and not quick enough. But if he's good on other stuff technically, he's can play well in Spain and Italian leagues.

Alonso isnt physically strong or quick either.
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2011 12:14:52 am by Garett »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #51: Mar 25, 2011 12:00:51 am
      We've got a few lads from Norwich couchsurfing here at my mates house for the year and ever since we've been talking football I've wanted a reason to follow more of the Championship and now this falls into place! I can't wait to watch Dani hopefully play a lot of good football and do well for Norwich's hopes of promotion, but more importantly I hope it sees him find the experience needed to give Kenny some more faith!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #52: Mar 25, 2011 10:33:13 am
      Unfortunately, I had a season ticket last time we were in the prem and my number 1 team was the same then too!

I remember Norwich were everyone's second favourite team back then. I even had my Sensible Soccer team playing in green and yellow! A bit like Blackpool this season, everyone liked them for upsetting the odds and refreshing things.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #53: Mar 25, 2011 03:38:31 pm
      He needs to go out on loan next season to a Premier League club.

If he is not being considered now, then he will be further down the pecking order next season. I expect us to sign some players like!

Is he is no longer 16 or 17 and needs first team games. Like Danny Welbeck at UNited, put him out on loan and see if he sinks or swims.

Then we will know come 2012/2013 if he is a Liverpool player.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #54: Mar 25, 2011 03:46:14 pm
      Good luck Danny.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #55: Mar 25, 2011 07:25:29 pm
      Get promoted Norwich Red and we'll all look out for the Canaries with Dani.

Like I said though ....keep Delia caged up.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #56: Apr 07, 2011 02:55:06 pm
      Pacheco loving Norwich life
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/pacheco-loving-norwich-life

Daniel Pacheco has revealed how quickly he has settled in to his loan spell at Norwich City after making a sparkling debut for the Canaries in their 6-0 thumping of Scunthorpe United on Saturday.
      Most Recent News

The Spanish starlet, who will stay at Carrow Road, until the end of the season, proved to be an instant hit and it prompted boss Paul Lambert to tell the Eastern Daily Press: "I thought his debut was as good as I've seen."

Speaking to Norwich City's official website, Pacheco said: "I would like to say thank you to everybody and appreciate the welcome everyone has given me.

"I have enjoyed it. When I arrived on Tuesday after the international break last week everyone expected me to arrive hungry and I think everyone at the club has helped me to settle here and in training.

"Since I came on the first day all of the lads have tried to keep in touch with me and make everything easier for me and again I have to say thank you to everybody at the club."

Liverpool's No.12 featured for 71 minutes in his favoured role just off the striker, and set up the opening two goals.

He received a standing ovation when he left the field.

He added: "The reception I got from the Norwich supporters was amazing.

"For a long time I haven't played many games for Liverpool. To arrive here and see how the fans reacted and how they appreciate my game I have to say thank you to them as well.

"I was really happy, my family came to see the game. We had a brilliant win, it was great to score six goals and personally I am really pleased as well.

"I think I did well, the manager told me the same after the game and I hope I can keep doing the job to help the team.

"I came in straight away as the manager gave me the chance and now I have to repay the confidence he has shown in me and help Norwich reach the Premier League."

The Spanish U21 international also paid tribute to Kenny Dalglish for allowing him the chance to play regular football at Norwich.

"I want to say thank you to Kenny Dalglish for allowing me to come here and I appreciate that," he added.

Pacheco is next in action for Norwich in front of the live Sky TV cameras when they continue their automatic promotion challenge at Swansea City on Saturday (kick-off 5.20pm).

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #57: Apr 07, 2011 02:59:10 pm
      Hope his loan spell there is actually to prepare him for next season.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #58: Apr 07, 2011 03:14:42 pm
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #59: Apr 07, 2011 07:19:35 pm
      Brilliant display from the lad, will surely give him strength playing against some of he aggressive teams in that league. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Apr 08, 2011 09:55:26 am
      Could of been doing that in the first team if given the chance earlier. It's bloody frustrating for me personally seeing him not given a chance, i can't imagine how he'd feel.

Delighted for him to be given this opportunity.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #61: Apr 08, 2011 10:06:25 am
      Could of been doing that in the first team if given the chance earlier. It's bloody frustrating for me personally seeing him not given a chance, I can't imagine how he'd feel.

Delighted for him to be given this opportunity.

Could not agree more, what I find even more frustrating is why he can not play over Spearing or Miereles in midfield. He likes to play behind the striker which is how Miereles and Gerrard usually play and after watching his game with Norwich he has shown he is comfortable in a high attacking midfield position since he played fairly deep at times.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #62: Apr 08, 2011 03:10:23 pm
      Dani goes out on loan.
      Gerrard gets crocked for the season.

Sigh....
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #63: Apr 08, 2011 03:19:04 pm
      Dani goes out on loan.
      Gerrard gets crocked for the season.

Sigh....

Can we recall him?  If so, I'd like to see Meireles reunited with Lucas at CM, with Dani playing behind a front 3 of Kuyt, Carrol, and Suarez :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Apr 09, 2011 09:19:13 am
      If the lad was good enough/ready to be playing for Liverpool then he wouldn't be playing for Norwich on loan.

Unless you see him train every day then I would just trust Kenny and the staffs decision.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #65: Apr 09, 2011 10:11:31 am
      I trust them mate but what bugs me is that Dani's been on the brink of getting a good chance for a very long time now. He keeps making appearances on the bench and keeps getting offered new contracts so they obviously have faith in him. Surely no matter how many times you watch a player train or watch him in the reserves, you have to eventually throw them into the deep end to see if they can hack it?
      I do think this is a good move for Dani because he'll have to get used to the physical nature of playing against older players but I can't help feeling that, if given the chance, he could have settled into our team.

Quick Reply