Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Has Babel finally blown it?

Read 19195 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Has Babel finally blown it?
      Reply #23: Nov 24, 2009 12:52:59 pm
      Well first of all I think it's a real shame, Babel has tremendous potential, but hasn't shown it often enough, whether he feels he's not been able to show what he's capable of, only he knows that.

But he gives the impression he's a lazy git, and looks to me half the time like he can't be arsed, we don't want players like that at Liverpool, when you pull on the red shirt, you do so with  pride and passion for the game, not your bloody pay cheque at the end of the month.

Of all the games he's played for Liverpool he's only performed to his full potential in half a dozen (if that) games, we want players who are consistently good on a regular basis, not when they feel like it.

I don't think his face fits with Benitez, and this is one of the reasons why he now needs to go, shame, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Just hope he doesn't come back to bite us on the bum.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 24, 2009 12:54:30 pm
      I meant seeing him give a direct interview to a newspaper over here, so that there's no room for people like the S*n to twist what might or might not have been said. Like where did the Echo pick up this story? It's pretty likely they saw it in the S*n. I'm not saying Babel never said these things, I'm just not going to hang him because of stuff they printed. I don't speak Dutch so I can't tell what exactly was said and in what context.
      He did say some of those things alright. Part of the interview was prepublished online, and is correctly translated here.

For anyone interested, I already posted about this interview here: Moved to Next Page of this thread
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2009 01:05:36 pm by JD »
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #25: Nov 24, 2009 12:57:20 pm
      Most important is that the lads don't get affected by this, we have an IMPORTANT match today. Babel is a tw** if he said this on purpose just to ruin our chances.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #26: Nov 24, 2009 01:05:02 pm
      Cheers Rood.  It got lost in the player threads as per usual.

Babel did an interview with a dutch magazine called Sportweek, should come out later this week. I might pick it up, or at least try get a copy of the interview. They've already released a part of it online.

He says:

Past performances don't count. At least, not in my case. I feel like I still have to prove myself for alot of people. I think that's undeserved. I showed it plenty of times. Many of players can play alot of bad games and still maintain their credit. I don't have that.
      (dutch source: http://www.sportweek.nl/voetbal/118433/Babel_hekelt_Derksen_en_andere_criticasters_Onterecht_en_jammer)

He doesn't seem to get it, does he?
      I should have more sometime this week, not sure when this issue is out.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 24, 2009 01:09:34 pm
      Here's the magazine cover of the original article:

Still working on the actual article. Nobody I know actually has it, VI is a much better football magazine, this one is more of a general sports magazine.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #28: Nov 24, 2009 01:13:10 pm
      Also, I'm reading in another dutch online article now, that Babel has read and approved the article before it being published.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #29: Nov 24, 2009 01:33:17 pm
      Also, I'm reading in another dutch online article now, that Babel has read and approved the article before it being published.

Cheers for the info.  Look forward to hearing what you make of the article.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #30: Nov 24, 2009 01:56:00 pm
      I was one of those people who ,at the start of the season , thought he deserved a chance to prove his worth to himself and our club ,however after this latest media interview it's quite clear that Babel doesn't want to play for us anymore,maybe this interview will generate some potential buyers for Babel and we can get rid !
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #31: Nov 24, 2009 01:59:56 pm
      From a small piece in The Telegraph today.

How To Impress Your Manager, by Ryan Babel.

1. Do an exclusive interview with The S*n.

2. Do an exclusive interview with The S*n the day before a Champions League game worth about £10 million.

3. Do an exclusive interview with The S*n the day before a Champions League game worth about £10 million in which you bi*ch about your treatment by your manager and your selfish team-mates.

4. Moan about not being able to wear your favourite blue boots because “blue is Everton's colour and Liverpool and Everton are rivals in everything.”

5. Do all that after scoring just 17 goals in two and a half years, at a cost of £700,000 per goal.

6. Tell lies. Like this: “I have shown I can do it plenty of times.”

7. Ask rhetorical questions that no one agrees with: "Isn't it unbelievable that in my first year I got chosen as Talent of the Year? And a season later I hardly play and without getting a proper chance."

8. Talk like you're in the Hannah Montana fan club: "Dirk Kuyt? I don't really hang out with him. Dirk got accepted in the group of the Spanish-speaking players. He is very friendly with them and it looks as if he understands their jokes."

9. Suggest your manager isn’t selecting you because of some long-standing and unreasonable grudge. “I don't know if it has anything to do with my little trip to the Olympics. I know the manager wanted me to stay.” (9b. Ignore the fact that Javier Mascherano, who also went to the Olympics in 2008, has played almost every game since for Liverpool.)

10. Do all of the above while injured.

How To Cheer Up Liverpool Fans, by Ryan Babel.

1. “We have agreed to look at my situation in the winter. If there's no improvement then, I have to be honest, I want to be somewhere else.”

Had enough of his crying and bitching.  This is a step too far.
      Absolutley bang on,this F***ing idiot makes my blood boil ,an absolute joke and it just goes to show how out of touch this idiot is by doing a "exclusive " in the F***ing s*n.w**ker.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 24, 2009 02:03:29 pm
      Absolutley bang on,this F***ing idiot makes my blood boil ,an absolute joke and it just goes to show how out of touch this idiot is by doing a "exclusive " in the F***ing s*n.w**ker.
      Did you even read the rest of the thread? They simply stole the interview from a dutch magazine.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #33: Nov 24, 2009 02:09:34 pm
      No must admit i didnt sir,was to wound up after seeing a workmate with that rag and seeing this dickheads face on it,then came on  here ...................but still he should shut his talentless gob.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 24, 2009 02:33:22 pm
      A coworker just faxed me the actual dutch article. Was planning to translate it myself, but there's really no use. The translation is done correctly, unfortunately. There's nothing to add.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Nov 24, 2009 02:39:01 pm
      Adios. That means bye - no matter how you try and interpret (or misinterpret as is often with him).

Clown. Selfish hack.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #36: Nov 24, 2009 02:49:01 pm
      A coworker just faxed me the actual dutch article. Was planning to translate it myself, but there's really no use. The translation is done correctly, unfortunately. There's nothing to add.

Well your word is good enough for me Rood.

Now we can hang him!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #37: Nov 24, 2009 02:51:44 pm

Cheers fella.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #38: Nov 24, 2009 02:56:36 pm
      Stupid pr**k.

How he thinks going to the press will improve his chances is beyond me.

Hopefully won't be in the squad now until he leaves the club.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #39: Nov 24, 2009 03:09:30 pm

Did he really say about the blue boots?

That bit isn't in the Echo article.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #40: Nov 24, 2009 03:11:59 pm
      perhaps we could use the money from selling him to pick up a decent player in january
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #41: Nov 24, 2009 03:13:28 pm
      perhaps we could use the money from selling him to pick up a decent player in january

Or perhaps it will go in the box marked 'debt payments'.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #42: Nov 24, 2009 03:14:12 pm

No way, the champagne in the director's box and chartered flights don't pay for themselves.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #43: Nov 24, 2009 03:14:24 pm
      How he thinks going to the press will improve his chances is beyond me.
      That's what amazes me the most. Surely the ONLY benefits of doing this would be the small fee for the interview (small in relation to his wages, at least) and to signal to other clubs that it may be worth enquiring about him. NOBODY could be so f***in stupid to think that Rafa would hear about the article and think, 'oh crap, I'd better start playing him before he gets too upset'!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #44: Nov 24, 2009 03:16:03 pm
      I actually had a dream last evening that he played upfront and became a real force. As much as I want him to go, as he is becoming a liability. I think he needs a role where Voronin plays, that may very be the place for him. Just to give him a go before he goes. Then just maybe we see a miracle.
      He no doubt has the same dream and that is all it is  - fantasy because the tool has done nothing consistently to qualify for a regular first team place, the only thing he does regularly is complain and let himself and the manager down to say nothing of his team mates and the supporters.
                                                   Don't let the door catch you on the way out on second thoughts maybe a sharp blow to the back of your skull might shake a few brain cells up a bit cos thats whats needed with the F***ing idiot.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #45: Nov 24, 2009 03:19:29 pm
      Finally some good news!! Now you only have to stick to what you say and get the hell out in January!! He never impressed me not once and I always questioned why Rafa kept him for so long? Anyways I'll be really happy to see him go

Quick Reply