Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Has Babel finally blown it?

Read 19196 times
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Re: Has Babel finally blown it?
      Reply #92: Nov 26, 2009 12:15:11 am
      Maybe he should go play for Man U I've heard "blowing it" gets you into their side.

Well, i would hate to see him become a success there :(
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #93: Nov 26, 2009 12:16:23 am
      Yes.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #94: Nov 26, 2009 01:47:42 am
      Sad truth moment:

1.This lad is touching on a lot of truths about the squad/club/manager and we're mostly pissed off because it should be kept in house not because what hes saying doesnt hold a lot of truth.
      2.As much as we hate all him and what he stands for Id say honestly he's probably about our 4th most potent attacking force in the squad. We've a lot of makeshift durable wingers and holding players but theres only 3 players who attack better than him at the club.
      3.Consistency is a 2 way street the lad hasnt played 3 games in a row for Liverpool in 3 years no matter how well he plays. He's had some shockers and been dropped but when hes played well been dropped anyways.
      4.Bellamy,Keane,Crouch.. theres a growing list of players sold off who are improving or at least playing better than half of our current squad. Those 3 have 17 goals between them this season. I smell a rat theres just something wrong with player relations at the club.
      5.As above benitez has changed approx 75 players at the club in 5 seasons. Taking away Houlliers mess of a squad that number tells me that both the buying policy and development isnt right at the club.Babel will undoubtedly be number 76 after this outburst.

Loan the lad out in January give him his 3 games in a row plus see what he does and make a decision. But to sell him harshly for as little as he's worth at the moment makes no sense no matter how much he pisses us off. The sad truth is we need him at least until we get an injection of funds to buy established quality professionals but that could be years away..

Brilliant post!

I like the purity in your assessment! Everyone seems to be slagging him off.

Truly, Besides Torres, Gerrard and Benayoun, and maybe kuyt, there is no other player in the team that is as potent as Babel.

A striker forced into a winger's role who has played as an impact sub most of his career in the club is being trashed for saying he needs more playing time. Truth is He looked the most dangerous against man city until that bad tackle that sidelined him.

Crouch left also for the same reason (more playing time). Truth is a player needs to look out for his career and that is exactly what Babel is doing.

Concerning the article, we can not be so caught-up with it. Too much sensationalism going on in the media. The Telegraph reported a Torres 3 weeks break as 3 months! Why wont they make a meal of the Babel interview.

It will be  a mistake to sell Babel. Sell him off to some other premiership club and we may all regret it in the long run.

Before joining Chelsea, Mikel Obi was a potent attacking midfielder a la Gerrard. One of the world's best new find. Man U fought for him in a battle that lasted 2 seasons; but he went to Chelsea where they turned him into a defensive midfielder. Totally destroyed his game. Not useful even for country anymore. Selah.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #95: Nov 26, 2009 05:41:23 am
      We're still a football club and not a franchise, regardless of its meaning ;)
      No offense. I guess its a regional term. In the US a team is considered a Sport "Franchise" by name and description. You are right Liverpool are a "Football Club"... If discussing a US team it would be the "NY Yankees franchise"  or "Dallas Cowboys Franchise" Its jut a difference of terms describing the Team and entity as a whole group...No offense or disrespect to the team was Intended.

Basically my point was that if playing for the One of the top sports teams in the world, and probably the most widely known "English Football Club" is not good enough for him and he thinks his career would be better back in Holland, than I agree and think he should leave. Has he really been a great player?  Hes always "Injured" or something, its always not his fault but this or that, the refs screwed him, the turf was bad and I couldnt get good shots, I cant play on tuesdays, My feet hurt, etc.etc.etc. He always has a good excuse for sh*t play but never seems to get better or work around the Issues.

The fans and supporters of LFC have certainly given him ample time and backing to become a better player and he has decided to ignore that and start with the Infighting.  I dont care who you are, you DO NOT, talk about teammates and what goes on in the locker room to the press.  Enough said.

I have seen posts where people defend what he said and excused it because he is 22.  Whether the comments are right or wrong, he violated the teams trust and and was disrespectful to the club.  He's also a professional footballer playing on the best team in the best league in the world.  It's called HONOR and RESPECT. You dont call out your own teammates, especially your captain and veterans, in some sh*t Interview, in a sh*t paper.  It doesn't matter if we need him, he broke the trust of his teammates and bashed them in the paper.  He has to be a pariah in the locker room now. Do you think the players will just forget what happened?

If You have problems. keep it in the family and work it out. If it cant be worked out then, shut the F**k up and transfer to another team.  YOU NEVER RAT YOUR FRIENDS OUT!  EVER!...KEEP YOUR f***in' MOUTH SHUT.. If you got problems confront them to the person you have a problem with.  If your not man enough to do so, then SHUT UP, but dont ever, go to the press. 
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #96: Nov 26, 2009 01:10:24 pm
      Bye Bye Babel, you lazy sh*t
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #97: Nov 26, 2009 09:18:33 pm
      Brilliant post!

I like the purity in your assessment! Everyone seems to be slagging him off.

Truly, Besides Torres, Gerrard and Benayoun, and maybe kuyt, there is no other player in the team that is as potent as Babel.

A striker forced into a winger's role who has played as an impact sub most of his career in the club is being trashed for saying he needs more playing time. Truth is He looked the most dangerous against man city until that bad tackle that sidelined him.

Crouch left also for the same reason (more playing time). Truth is a player needs to look out for his career and that is exactly what Babel is doing.

Concerning the article, we can not be so caught-up with it. Too much sensationalism going on in the media. The Telegraph reported a Torres 3 weeks break as 3 months! Why wont they make a meal of the Babel interview.

It will be  a mistake to sell Babel. Sell him off to some other premiership club and we may all regret it in the long run.

Before joining Chelsea, Mikel Obi was a potent attacking midfielder a la Gerrard. One of the world's best new find. Man U fought for him in a battle that lasted 2 seasons; but he went to Chelsea where they turned him into a defensive midfielder. Totally destroyed his game. Not useful even for country anymore. Selah.

Finally someone who agrees with me. Im sure we're both not Babels biggest fans if fans of his at all but we're realists. He's one of the few attacking dangerous talents who can change a game for us.. until theres more lets develop what we have.

Speaking of development.. a post above said benitez pipped Wenger to Babels signature.Is there anyone on this site who believes Wenger wouldnt have got a lot more out of Babel by now. He could be a 30mil player by now under him. I know Wenger has a great rep for developing talent but truthfully half the battle is his willingness to play youth consistently even when they have stinkers time after time.

As before loan him out January if we're not gonna give him those games then make a decision in 6 months if hes developed or not.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #98: Nov 26, 2009 11:53:04 pm
      I personally think that Babel has real talent.His problem is in his head,(much like Anelka when he was at Liverpool).They both want/ed the systems to change to suit them,but that never happens here.They have to fit the system or f*ck off,we don't do ego's we do committment.So please find a taxi for Babbel.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #99: Nov 27, 2009 10:54:32 pm
      RAFA DEMANDS EXPLANATION FROM OUTSPOKEN WINGER

Friday, 27th November 2009

Rafa Benitez will demand an explanation from Ryan Babel after he publicly criticised the Liverpool manager and his team-mates.

The Dutch international revealed he was ready to leave Anfield and had a few digs at his team-mates and the club.

Benitez said: “I have got to talk to the player and I will see what his explanation is”.

According to several fans, Babel’s attitude hasn’t been up-to-the-mark since his move in 2007. The winger is set to leave Anfield in the January transfer window after being denied a starting role in several games with Fernando Torres injured.

With Torres injured, youngster David Ngog has started in front instead of Babel and Benitez believes the French U-21 striker deserved his starts.

“David is doing well and he has deserved his starts because you can see that he is working really hard all the time in training,” said Benitez.

“When you do that, one thing is always true and that is you will get a chance. When (young players) are working hard, you always have to look to do that.

“If that is what happens, it is then up to the player to perform. So David has done well over the last month and has scored some important goals.

“We are much happier with him but we have some other players who are like that. Lucas is one who is showing great character and commitment every single day.

“The most important thing, though, is that they keep going. They have to keep working hard all the time, otherwise it will be difficult for them to get those chances.”

http://lfcglobe.com/rafa-demands-explanation-from-outspoken-winger/?

Anyone fancy Babel playing behind Ngog? may be potent.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #100: Nov 27, 2009 11:05:22 pm
      RAFA DEMANDS EXPLANATION FROM OUTSPOKEN WINGER

“We are much happier with him but we have some other players who are like that. Lucas is one who is showing great character and commitment every single day.

“The most important thing, though, is that they keep going. They have to keep working hard all the time, otherwise it will be difficult for them to get those chances.”

http://lfcglobe.com/rafa-demands-explanation-from-outspoken-winger/?

Anyone fancy Babel playing behind Ngog? may be potent.
      No
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #101: Nov 27, 2009 11:27:56 pm
      He has acted like a tit on too many occasions. He has played terribly on most outings for the 1st team. He has infrequently done something amazing a put in an overall performance of note at times.
      For the amount of money he cost and the opportunity bestowed to him, he has been a huge let down. A lot like cisse to me in that I always hoped he'd repay my faith in him. But he has made his bed and now must face the consequences....so bye bye ryan. Your perception of yourself doesn't convert to fact.
      Saying all that, I truely believe he, if he choses carefully the next club in his career can be a huge success. Reckon he'd do brilliantly back in holland, in france or at a strong spanish team. Also think he'd had done better going to arse when he had the chance prior to joining us.
      Such a hugely ennoying player much like cisse
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #102: Nov 28, 2009 10:05:41 am

I wouldn't mind seeing him going to Valencia with maybe a little cash exchanging hands and Mata coming in the opposite direction.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #103: Nov 28, 2009 06:56:38 pm
       Aldridge – Big-mouth Babel has got to go!
      The ex-Liverpool star John Aldridge has had enough of Ryan Babel, and thinks his last outburst is the straw that broke the camels back.

He said in the Liverpool Echo: RYAN BABEL’S latest outburst about his failure to land a regular starting spot is the final straw for me.

He has shouted his mouth off once too often and it’s time he moved on.

Rafa is going to need to wheel and deal in January and Babel is one of the few fringe players who could actually generate a decent fee.

Some people are saying that there is a witch hunt against the young Dutch international, but Babel was quoted last week as saying: “I have tried to talk to the manager but it isn’t of any use,” he said.

“I couldn’t really do anything with the feedback Benítez gave me. We have agreed to look at my situation in the winter. If there’s no improvement then, I have to be honest, I want to be somewhere else. I don’t play a lot so I can’t be happy and I can’t cheer out loud. Sometimes I wonder how long I can sustain it but I will fight for my position – what else can I do?”

“I don’t know if it has anything to do with my little trip to the Olympics. I know the manager wanted me to stay here,” he said.

“I really don’t believe [Benítez] is trying to get back at me. Every time me or my agent have a chat with him he stresses I can’t leave and he believes in me. We have to trust he is telling the truth. Saying it is different to showing it.”

But the fact is that Benitez doesn’t believe that Babel is good enough to play a full game for Liverpool, no matter how many injuries he has, and it would seem that if Babel still hopes to get into the Holland team for the World Cup next summer, he would be better of at a team that will give him first team football.
      http://justliverpool.com/aldridge-big-mouth-babel-has-got-to-go/350
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Babel rubbishes newspaper claims
      Reply #104: Dec 07, 2009 02:34:02 pm
      Babel rubbishes newspaper claim
      Ryan Babel today rubbished suggestions he gave an interview to The Sun - and insisted there were no problems with his teammates.

The Holland international featured in the newspaper ahead of our away clash with Debrecen - but claims the quotes were misrepresented from an interview in his homeland.

Babel told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I was very disappointed when it came out because I never gave an interview here in England - I never gave an interview to The Sun.

"I did give an interview in Holland a month ago when I was with the national team, and I think they took some bits out of it and added some of their own opinions.

"They wrote that I'd talked about other players - and I would never talk about players like that.

"The funniest thing was them publishing that I'm not friends with Dirk Kuyt. Come on! Dirk will tell you how our relationship is.

"It has to be made clear. Who published this? The Sun - I wouldn't talk to The Sun."

Babel has spoken with Rafa Benitez and some of his teammates about the quotes.

He added: "I am very happy that the boss made it clear straight away that he had confidence in me and believed that I didn't do the interview.

"I hope people understand. It is easy to read papers and believe it's true, and so I was disappointed with the situation and the fact it was published on the day of a very important game.

"I have spoken to a few of my teammates and they were clear that it was The Sun and so it was nothing."

Meanwhile, Babel has reiterated his determination to stay and fight for his place at Anfield during a crucial World Cup year.

He said: "I have given a lot of interviews about my feelings and how I am but the situation is the same for every player who likes to play games and thinks he is good enough to start.

"I feel confident that I'm good enough to play a lot of games for Liverpool. I keep saying this. Hopefully I'll get chances to show this.

"I was disappointed with the injury (against Man City) because I'd been given another start and had to leave the pitch after 20 minutes.

"I have to keep working hard and I'm not at the point yet where I've shown what I can do.

"For every player it's nice to go to the World Cup and it's very important to do that in your career.

"As far as I'm concerned the way to do that is to fight for my place at Anfield - definitely."

Question on my mind now is: Was he reading The S*n?
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Babel rubbishes newspaper claims
      Reply #105: Dec 07, 2009 03:01:33 pm
      I never gave an interview to The Sun.

"It has to be made clear. Who published this? The Sun - I wouldn't talk to The Sun."

"I have spoken to a few of my teammates and they were clear that it was The Sun and so it was nothing."
      "[/news]

Question on my mind now is: Was he reading The S*n?

To be honest ROF I think that ^^^ answers your question.

Don't know about any one else I'm prepared to give the lad the benefit of the doubt over the interview and its alleged misinterpretation.

How ever I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt over not knuckling down and showing his commitment attitude and desire to do well for Liverpool on the pitch.

So Ryan if you can address the above and sort your head out lad force your way into the managers plans and make yourself undroppable, then you may just get the benefit of the doubt and the adulation of the Anfield faithful.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #106: Dec 07, 2009 04:16:50 pm
      Give him another chance, but he is still a c**t.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #107: Dec 07, 2009 04:51:02 pm
      I thought this was all dealt with ages ago.  We knew the quotes were from a Dutch magazine.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #108: Dec 07, 2009 05:00:27 pm
      Babel rubbishes newspaper claim
      Ryan Babel today rubbished suggestions he gave an interview to The Sun - and insisted there were no problems with his teammates.

The Holland international featured in the newspaper ahead of our away clash with Debrecen - but claims the quotes were misrepresented from an interview in his homeland.

Babel told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I was very disappointed when it came out because I never gave an interview here in England - I never gave an interview to The Sun.

"I did give an interview in Holland a month ago when I was with the national team, and I think they took some bits out of it and added some of their own opinions.

"They wrote that I'd talked about other players - and I would never talk about players like that.

"The funniest thing was them publishing that I'm not friends with Dirk Kuyt. Come on! Dirk will tell you how our relationship is.

He added: "I am very happy that the boss made it clear straight away that he had confidence in me and believed that I didn't do the interview.

"I hope people understand. It is easy to read papers and believe it's true, and so I was disappointed with the situation and the fact it was published on the day of a very important game.

Meanwhile, Babel has reiterated his determination to stay and fight for his place at Anfield during a crucial World Cup year.

He said: "I have given a lot of interviews about my feelings and how I am but the situation is the same for every player who likes to play games and thinks he is good enough to start.

"I feel confident that I'm good enough to play a lot of games for Liverpool. I keep saying this. Hopefully I'll get chances to show this.

"I was disappointed with the injury (against Man City) because I'd been given another start and had to leave the pitch after 20 minutes.

"I have to keep working hard and I'm not at the point yet where I've shown what I can do.

"For every player it's nice to go to the World Cup and it's very important to do that in your career.

"As far as I'm concerned the way to do that is to fight for my place at Anfield - definitely."

The bold part is good.  :D
      Still dont think he should be at the club anyway.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #109: Dec 07, 2009 06:09:13 pm
      whats the point giving his waste of space another chance?
      he along with a lot of the current squad haven't got the right mentality to play for liverpool fc.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #110: Dec 07, 2009 07:11:04 pm
      We all know Babel is no angel, but ask yourself a question.

Who would you believe..Ryan Babel or that dirty f***in scum of a rag?

In this instance i believe Ryan...no question about it, and for all his faults, i think it is bad form anyone would believe those cu*ts over him.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #111: Dec 07, 2009 07:12:30 pm
      Really hope this is the turning point for him here and he starts delivering on the talent he has. Considering the improvements Lucas and Ngog have made so far this season Babel has more talent than the two put together and Im sure hel come gud here.

So for all the haters who believed the sun when they took advantage of his bad rep lets get behind him truly, the fans and manager and give this lad a confidence building run.If hes available on weds lets start him in the fiorentina game and see how he gets on with the new found fire in his belly.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #112: Dec 07, 2009 07:47:48 pm
      whats the point giving his waste of space another chance?
      he along with a lot of the current squad haven't got the right mentality to play for liverpool fc.

We can not afford to sell him. Sorry
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #113: Dec 08, 2009 11:18:21 am
      Umm why not, everyone has their price Babel is no exception to this?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #114: Dec 08, 2009 11:32:36 am
      Umm why not, everyone has their price Babel is no exception to this?

That price may not be seen/spent by the manager.

Quick Reply