Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rafa choosing Lucas over Aquilani?

Read 20559 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Rafa choosing Lucas over Aquilani?
      Reply #115: Dec 08, 2009 03:03:52 pm
      If he's worried about him being kicked all over the place, then don't have him as a potential sub for those games. It's a wasted option!

That is actually a good point.  Did Benitez have any intention of ever bringing him on at Blackburn?

I'm starting to get a little bit worried that Benitez thinks this lad is sh*t and doesn't want to risk the humiliation of him playing. Hope I'm wrong.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #116: Dec 08, 2009 03:46:06 pm
      Il only conceded the Bellamy argument cos it lead to a better striker but the other 2 are rotating with each other at the same club and both have more goals than any of our players other than Torres!! Keane isnt sh*t by the way 6 Pl seasons in double figures. He was given 4 months as a lone striker in his first games for the club and u think he can be fairly judged by that? If hes so crap why did we pay 19mil for him and why is he playing better than any of our players at the moment. Also his club is above our league position in 4th. Nobody owes LFC anything ur complaining about players who are better than what he have cant u see the irony in that??

IMO keane spent more time F***ing moaning and IF he's so good why did he blow chance after F***ing chance in front of goal. IF he's so good explain why he missed that F***ing tap-in at the Vicente Calderon against Atletico Madrid that a granny could of scored?

Cos he's a F***ing sh*te moaning paddy tw*t!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #117: Dec 08, 2009 04:04:06 pm
      IMO keane spent more time f**king moaning and IF he's so good why did he blow chance after f**king chance in front of goal. IF he's so good explain why he missed that f**king tap-in at the Vicente Calderon against Atletico Madrid that a granny could of scored?

Cos he's a f**king sh*te moaning paddy tw*t!

You want me to judge a player based on 1 miss? Who still scores more than any of our forwards apart from Torres!! Unlike u i dont care about his nationality,personality,skin colour,attitude.. I want the best players for the club on the pitch come match day. Hes better than any of our other options at forward apart from Torres. Whinger?Hes captain of a club above us in the league,he was forced out he never moaned his way out.If Lucas and Ngog were getting games ahead of u ud probably be a whinger too.

Btw our knight in shining armour Aquilani hasnt even started  a game yet and his father has been on complaining about the lack of action. U wanna get rid of him too for being a whinging pasta boy?? We have a massive list of moaning players ie every single one thats not starting and the others not moaning are content to be subs and pick up the check.

yeh he missed chances but so does every striker look at kuyt,ngog,riera,gerrard theyve all missed sitters this season and some of them havent even scored yet. Cop on u pommy tw*t
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #118: Dec 08, 2009 04:06:07 pm
      Unlike u I dont care about his nationality,personality,skin colour,attitude

Mate, you're wrong there, because Huyton Red would have Hitler playing for us if he was banging the goals in, so that's bollocks what you said there!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #119: Dec 08, 2009 04:08:52 pm
      That is actually a good point.  Did Benitez have any intention of ever bringing him on at Blackburn?

I'm starting to get a little bit worried that Benitez thinks this lad is sh*t and doesn't want to risk the humiliation of him playing. Hope I'm wrong.
      That's a terrifying thought to even contemplate,the saving grace is the commendations from other coaches,players etc but there's only one test Rafa is taking his time applying it.
      Off topic for a second-there was some talk about Keane earlier it looks as though Spurs are getting shut now,it seems he's being loaned out to Celtic.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2009 10:15:46 am by stuey »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #120: Dec 08, 2009 04:12:41 pm

Come on mate less of the personal insults, I got banned for a similar offence, wouldn't want you to end up the same way, keep it clean. :)
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #121: Dec 08, 2009 04:14:33 pm
      That's a terrifying thought to even contemplate,the saving grace is the commendations from other coaches,players etc but there's only one test Rafa is taking his time applying it.
      Off topic for a second-there was some talk about Keane earlier it looks as though Spurs are getting shut now,it seems he's been transfer listed.

In fairness aside from keane theyve 3 quality strikers and might still buy another one. We on the other hand have 1 quality striker and we've sold off 3 quality ones. My whole point about Keane is dont seel what u cant replace through stubborness.Hes better than what we have at the moment so until we can a better replacement than him we're less well off as a club - the results back me up.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #122: Dec 08, 2009 04:18:59 pm
      Come on mate less of the personal insults, I got banned for a similar offence, wouldn't want you to end up the same way, keep it clean. :)

Well he called him a whinging paddy being irish dont find that amusing at all. Whats his nationality matter?? They'res only 3 regular english players in the team so as a club we cant judge over nationality. The city of Liverpool has a massive irish history,our first great manager was scottish etc We're a worldwide club and i thought above racist insults.

If someone thinks hes sh*t just say it but not necessary to mention anything else. All that matters is on the pitch.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #123: Dec 08, 2009 04:27:10 pm
      Well he called him a whinging paddy being irish dont find that amusing at all. Whats his nationality matter?? They'res only 3 regular english players in the team so as a club we cant judge over nationality. The city of Liverpool has a massive irish history,our first great manager was scottish etc We're a worldwide club and I thought above racist insults.

If someone thinks hes sh*t just say it but not necessary to mention anything else. All that matters is on the pitch.

Like I said mate he called Keane it, not you so it wasn't personal.. where as you pommy tw*t is. I'm not having a go at you mate just wouldn't want you to get banned like I did. Granted I called a moderator a clueless c**t.

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2009 04:33:59 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #124: Dec 08, 2009 04:37:13 pm
      Well he called him a whinging paddy being irish dont find that amusing at all. Whats his nationality matter?? They'res only 3 regular english players in the team so as a club we cant judge over nationality. The city of Liverpool has a massive irish history,our first great manager was scottish etc We're a worldwide club and i thought above racist insults.

Think you're taking the racist thing a bit far mate-I'm half Irish myself but would call Keane an Irish whatever and any insult would be directed at Keane and not the Irish people.
      Got a lot of time for the Irish meself been over there loads of times and always had a great time and I would bet the vast majority of scousers would say the same.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #125: Dec 08, 2009 04:38:50 pm
      Like I said mate he called Keane it, not you so it wasn't personal.. where as you pommy tw*t is. I'm not having a go at you mate just wouldn't want you to get banned like I did. Granted I called a moderator a clueless c**t.

ha ha :) Point taken
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #126: Dec 08, 2009 04:41:45 pm
      Think you're taking the racist thing a bit far mate-I'm half Irish myself but would call Keane an Irish whatever and any insult would be directed at Keane and not the Irish people.
      Got a lot of time for the Irish meself been over there loads of times and always had a great time and I would bet the vast majority of scousers would say the same.

yeh maybe so just standing up for a player, who i rated, being labeled as something and I felt not judged on his football which is all im asking for. Dont wanna start any over sensitive racist here lets forget it please to all members and LFC fans.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #127: Dec 08, 2009 04:47:30 pm
      yeh maybe so just standing up for a player, who i rated, being labeled as something and I felt not judged on his football which is all im asking for. Dont wanna start any over sensitive racist here lets forget it please to all members and LFC fans.
      Sound mate no worries.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #128: Dec 08, 2009 05:33:42 pm
      In fairness aside from keane theyve 3 quality strikers and might still buy another one. We on the other hand have 1 quality striker and we've sold off 3 quality ones. My whole point about Keane is dont seel what u cant replace through stubborness.Hes better than what we have at the moment so until we can a better replacement than him we're less well off as a club - the results back me up.

My whole point is this, I was made up when we signed Keane, I did like him as a player, up until I actually watched him at the match, he spent most of his six months moaning when he wasn't given the ball, moaning at other players when he missed easy chances, moaned when decisions didn't go his way.

As for us having one quality striker, why is that?

Why did we have to sell Bellamy? To fund Torres.

Why did we sell Peter Crouch? Because he was moaning about his England chances and WANTED to leave, Rafa let him and also meant we got Glan Johnson, who I think is a very good player.

And on top of all that we have two owners who haven't the foggiest about the game. Who haven't really got the financial muscle we originally thought they had when they became owners of the club.

They are the reason why we have one quality striker, a trier like N'Gog and Voronin as back-up. Because they didn't promise us the funds that we thought Rafa would be given in the summer to try and bridge that gap between finishing second and top-spot.

As for Rafa choosing Lucas over Aquilani, I've said it before Rafa wants to make sure he is 100% before starting him, he's had a couple of bad injuries in the past at Roma and was rushed back from both earlier than expected. Plus rafa's own playing career was ended earlier by a bad injury, which maybe a reason why he's being so cautious over Alberto.

Imo Aquilani was an emergency buy when Alonso left, especially as we've only actually paid £5 million for him so far, who else could we have got in to replace Xabi, seeing as we had offers for players like Lee Cattermole knocked back.

We may be Liverpool, but under these two tw*ts, we're financially fu**ed and that is probably why we're making deals to get players like Glen Johnson (writing off money owed to us by Portsmouth) and Aquilani (paying Roma in three instalments)  

And actually it's not cop on u pommy tw*t, it's cop on u SCOUSE tw*t!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #129: Dec 08, 2009 05:41:00 pm
      Mate, you're wrong there, because Huyton Red would have Hitler playing for us if he was banging the goals in, so that's bollocks what you said there!

I'd have Osama Bin Laden as owner if he could buy us a few players!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #130: Dec 08, 2009 05:42:59 pm

And actually it's not cop on u pommy tw*t, it's cop on u SCOUSE tw*t!!

Sorry to look past your whole post Huyton but  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #131: Dec 08, 2009 05:46:23 pm
      Sorry to look past your whole post Huyton but  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I had to get a laugh somewhere!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #132: Dec 08, 2009 05:51:33 pm
      After some extensive research if your refering to him as a supporter from the land down under !!!!!
      Its acctually spelt Pomey.

Just thought i would clear that up!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #133: Dec 08, 2009 05:59:45 pm
      After some extensive research if your refering to him as a supporter from the land down under !!!!!
      Just thought I would clear that up

Mate if you're gonna come on here correcting spelling you must first ensure that your own attempts are adequate.
      Or are you taking the piss?
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2009 06:11:59 pm by Bpatel »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #134: Dec 08, 2009 06:08:40 pm

Just thought i would clear that up!

Don't know who that's aimed at, but if you mean me, pommie refers to English people as said by Aussie's, my point is though that I'm not English, I'm Scouse and that was my point!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #135: Dec 08, 2009 06:53:20 pm
      Don't know who that's aimed at, but if you mean me, pommie refers to English people as said by Aussie's, my point is though that I'm not English, I'm Scouse and that was my point!

Haha yeh lived down under for a bit, in Ireland we dont have any slang words for English people which is surprising. Usually c**t seems to suffice :) (joke)

Love scousers tho :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #136: Dec 08, 2009 07:02:00 pm
      Haha yeh lived down under for a bit, in Ireland we dont have any slang words for English people which is surprising. Usually c**t seems to suffice :) (joke)

Love scousers tho :D

Personal fave of mine, just ask Gow, JD and Redkenny!
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #137: Dec 09, 2009 01:13:39 am
      ya rafa's cautious...

not with aquilani as i don't think he will start even when he's 100% fit.. but with the whole -i-will-use-tow-defensive-midfielders-to-protect-defence-approach.

Quick Reply