Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool : Post Match Discussion

Read 28009 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool : Post Match Discussion
      Reply #138: Nov 24, 2009 11:03:29 pm

It's as if you want to be right, regardless of what impact it has on the club?
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #139: Nov 24, 2009 11:04:32 pm
      Can't explain that but I have a theory for the Dossena move.

He put him on in order to cup tie him because the interest in him in January is going to be through the roof! ;)
      I agree. Think it was for putting him in the shop window. But if any buyers are at all like my wife, they will need more than a minute to decide if they want him or not.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #140: Nov 24, 2009 11:06:36 pm
      Can't explain that but I have a theory for the Dossena move.

He put him on in order to cup tie him because the interest in him in January is going to be through the roof! ;)

Aurelio isnt long back from Injury so probably took him off to save his legs for the derby?
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #141: Nov 24, 2009 11:08:14 pm
      It's as if you want to be right, regardless of what impact it has on the club?
      Are you for real, I want to be right?

Get a grip !
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #142: Nov 24, 2009 11:11:39 pm
      Are you for real, I want to be right?

Get a grip !

Cause you're hot then you're cold, you're yes then you're no, you're in then you're out, you're up then you're down!

You're wrong when it's right...!

MsGerrard
      Reply #143: Nov 24, 2009 11:11:44 pm
      I know we won tonight but I can't help feeling bitterly disappointed, the Champions League without Liverpool in the latter stages doesn't seem right, I know we have no given right to be there, but we've gone through ever since Rafa took over and it won't be the same without the might of Liverpool in the most prestigious competition.

I don't think we played well tonight, we got off to such a great start, but I don't feel like we capitalised on our lead, to me the players didn't show any real urgency to get another goal, they could easily have equalised.

It was always going to be an uphill struggle tonight and when it's not even in your hands and you're relying on others, that's not good.

I do feel that Rafa should have brought on Aquilani sooner, I would love to have seen him have a good run, but really it was all too late anyway by then.

To be honest Liverpool shouldn't have even been in this position tonight, but of course that's all water under the bridge and there's nothing that we can do about it now.

So it's onwards and upwards, and to the Europa League, but first we have to take the bitters out, let's hope we do it in style and beat the bitter bas**rds in their own backyard.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Keep the faith people, we will get there, it's called being patient, taking the rough with the smooth, and supporting the REDS through thick and thin and not just the glory days.

I'll be there at Anfield for the Fiorentina game singing loud and still proud to be a red.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #144: Nov 24, 2009 11:14:14 pm
      Cause you're hot then you're cold, you're yes then you're no, you're in then you're out, you're up then you're down!

You're wrong when it's right...!

sorry, what on earth are you going on about?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #145: Nov 24, 2009 11:14:47 pm
      sorry, what on earth are you going on about?

You!

Change your mind, like a girl, changes clothes!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6970 
      Reply #146: Nov 24, 2009 11:15:54 pm
      How many times did Shanks win the European Cup?

Get a grip FFS some of you.

Admit it. You have had your ambitions and expectations raised since Rafa came to Anfield. 1 year in 6 we don't make the knockouts and the world is going to collapse?

Bollocks it is.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6970 
      Reply #147: Nov 24, 2009 11:16:23 pm
      You!

'He's the changing man....'
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #148: Nov 24, 2009 11:17:12 pm
      I know we won tonight but I can't help feeling bitterly disappointed, the Champions League without Liverpool in the latter stages doesn't seem right, I know we have no given right to be there, but we've gone through ever since Rafa took over and it won't be the same without the might of Liverpool in the most prestigious competition.

I don't think we played well tonight, we got off to such a great start, but I don't feel like we capitalised on our lead, to me the players didn't show any real urgency to get another goal, they could easily have equalised.

It was always going to be an uphill struggle tonight and when it's not even in your hands and you're relying on others, that's not good.

I do feel that Rafa should have brought on Aquilani sooner, I would love to have seen him have a good run, but really it was all too late anyway by then.

To be honest Liverpool shouldn't have even been in this position tonight, but of course that's all water under the bridge and there's nothing that we can do about it now.

So it's onwards and upwards, and to the Europa League, but first we have to take the bitters out, let's hope we do it in style and beat the bitter bas**rds in their own backyard.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Keep the faith people, we will get there, it's called being patient, taking the rough with the smooth, and supporting the REDS through thick and thin and not just the glory days.

I'll be there at Anfield for the Fiorentina game singing loud and still proud to be a red.

#
      If there is one thing Liverpool fans know a thing or 2 about, it's patience !
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #149: Nov 24, 2009 11:17:44 pm
      Ah well at least it's good to see Liverpool fans actually upset that we're out of a competition for once rather than just banishing it as "only" such and such.

On the match, with the exception of Ngog, the lads were poor. The wide players contributed nothing as per F***ing usual. The delivery from set pieces wasn't up to scratch. The middle of the park offered nothing. Defensively we got the piss taken out of us on a few occassions, especially towards the end of the game. How the F**k that fella didn't score in the last minute I don't know. And if that's what Carragher and Johnson call defending then they need to return to the basics of don't let the ball bounce and if in doubt, put it out. Insua again looked like a spare part at a wedding and as for Kuyt, the quicker that fella pisses off the better because he's a F***ing liability.

The substitutions were mind boggling but it wouldn't be normal if at least one of Rafa's subs didn't have some people scratching their heads. Ngog was the only one who looked to be causing them danger, a couple of decent efforts as well as the goal but he's brought off for a midfielder. Dossena for Aurelio made no impact whatsoever and Aquilani for the last minute was laughable.

Overall tt doesn't really feel like a win but it is. Hopefully it will install some confidence into the boys ahead of the derby. Another must win game, as every League game now is if we're to even get close to winning the title.

As for the Europa League, it's a F***ing embarrassment that a club of our size is even in it. It's a competition for mickey mouse clubs like Everton, we're meant to be one of the elite in Europe aren't we? Those miserable Thursday night matches in Feburary against some no mark Austrian side ahead of a 1 o'clock kick off on the Sunday in some drab north west town like Wigan. Oh I can hardly contain my excitement.

With the League all but certainly gone and Europe completely gone, this season can't be salvaged. It's a failed season regardless of how we do in the FA Cup and Europa League.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #150: Nov 24, 2009 11:20:54 pm
      You!

It's not about changing your mind, it's about having more than one opinion. Seeing the wider picture. And not being blinkered.

But thanks for the observation . . . it was invaluable !
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #151: Nov 24, 2009 11:21:30 pm
      This dismal outing:

- blame the yanks! for the financial mess
      - blame the players who can't hold a lead for 5 minutes
      - blame Rafa for not buying another striker because of a Torres/Gerrard partnership he over-depended on

Pissed!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6970 
      Reply #152: Nov 24, 2009 11:25:41 pm
      As for the Europa League, it's a F***ing embarrassment that a club of our size is even in it. It's a competition for mickey mouse clubs like Everton, we're meant to be one of the elite in Europe aren't we? Those miserable Thursday night matches in Feburary against some no mark Austrian side ahead of a 1 o'clock kick off on the Sunday in some drab north west town like Wigan. Oh I can hardly contain my excitement.

Hate to break it to you fella but a club as in debt as ours, spending £0 on new players in 2 years, with a sub-standard stadium is not in the elite of Europe.

We've got less spending power now than we did under Souness and Roy Evans.

Get used to the Europa League.  As long as the Americans are in charge and shafting a decent £30-£40M transfer budget towards a bank every year then this is us returning to where we used to be pre-Rafa.

Agree with some of your points about the performance.  Thought the first half was comfortable. Second half less so.

One final thing, the UEFA Cup was good enough for Shanks and if it was good enough for him then it's good enough for me.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6970 
      Reply #153: Nov 24, 2009 11:26:13 pm
      This dismal outing:

- blame the yanks! for the financial mess
      - blame the players who can't hold a lead for 5 minutes
      - blame Rafa for not buying another striker because of a Torres/Gerrard partnership he over-depended on

Pissed!

For point 3 of your suggestions go back to point 1.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #154: Nov 24, 2009 11:27:53 pm
      I wonder would it have been good enough for Shankly if the top 4 finishing teams in the league were qualifying for the European Cup.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #155: Nov 24, 2009 11:28:46 pm
      I think we can all live with not being in the knockout stages of the champs lge..What we cant live with is the following in no particular order..

Showing little to no improvement since the first game of the season

Showing disimprovement since last season

Managers stubborness with playing Lucas,Voronin,Kyrgiakos etc

Managers stubborness to not play Aquilani,Ayala even Babel when we need magic

Managers ridiculous substiutions such as tonight wanting to score by removing the only scorer and replacing with a winger

The Dirk Kuyt is a winger experiment going horribly wrong this year yet nothing done about it

Playing Lucas and masch together when its obvious theyre too similar

I could go on but actually got too depressed writing it knowing theres no cash in January to help remedy the problems :(
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #156: Nov 24, 2009 11:31:10 pm

Managers stubborness to not play Aquilani,Ayala even Babel when we need magic

Eh?

I could say eh for Babel too actually.
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #157: Nov 24, 2009 11:35:10 pm
      Europa league here we come, i'll be supporting the lads all the way, first team to win it and all that
      have great memories of the 2001 UEFA cup win
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #158: Nov 24, 2009 11:36:27 pm
      Europa league here we come, i'll be supporting the lads all the way, first team to win it and all that
      have great memories of the 2001 UEFA cup win

Take a leaf a lot of you.
      Y.N.W.AScouseJayY.N.W.A
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #159: Nov 24, 2009 11:37:54 pm
      Were not out of europe yet,Were gonna win the Europa League,Were back on s**tie channel 5 now,  Is Aquilani cup tied?
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #160: Nov 24, 2009 11:38:06 pm
      Fair spot..Specifically I meant in place of Kyrgiakos even Kelly would be a better option.

Hate him or love him we've needed Babel magic during the last 10 games.Kuyt just isnt working on the right whatsoever. His Lyon strike shouldve put us through to the knockout stages but for Kyrgiakos slack defending..

Just depressed lads not with tonights results but with the fact that I believe theres been little to no improvement so far this season and more depressingly, I just dont see how these improvements are gonna happen without spending 30-70 mil :(

Quick Reply