Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Simon Kjaer (Palermo)

Read 2385 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Simon Kjaer (Palermo)
      Nov 16, 2009 10:17:15 pm
      Daily Mail:

Reds to fight for Palermo defender

Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Juventus are among the European giants set to battle for the signature of Palermo defender Simon Kjaer next summer.
      The 20-year-old centre-back has established himself as one of the most promising young stoppers in Serie A and is likely to be at the heart of Denmark's defence at the 2010 World Cup finals next summer.

Kjaer had admitted he would like to join one of Europe's top clubs after the World Cup and Palermo have confirmed interest from the Barclays Premier League trio plus Juventus.

media watchWalter Sabatini, a director of the Sicilian club, said: 'I have heard that Juventus and their observers have been watching Kjaer. There is also an interest from Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

However Sabatini insisted the defender would not be allowed to leave this season: 'In any case, Kjaer will not be leaving in January,' he added.

This story has been reproduced from today’s media. It does not necessarily represent the views or position of Liverpool Football Club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW15310091116-1005.htm:

Juventus to fight Liverpool for Kjaer

Juventus are ready to run the gauntlet for Palermo defender Simon Kjaer, but they face a major battle as Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea are all said to be keen on him, report talkaloadofbull.com.

According to Tuttosport, the Old Lady has been monitoring the 20-year-old Danish international all season.

media watchKjaer has excelled with his club for the last two campaigns and is likely to feature regularly for Denmark at the World Cup. The stopper has hinted he would like to join a major club, perhaps after the tournament in South Africa.

Sicilian side Palermo have now spoken of the apparent interest from the Bianconeri, but they have made it clear that English clubs are also after their man.

The Rosanero are clearly attempting to start a bidding auction.

"I have heard that Juventus and their observers have been watching Kjaer, but recently I have also read about an interest from Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool. In any case, Kjaer will not be leaving in January," said Walter Sabatini, the Palermo director.

I know the second's from talkaloadofbull.com but we're being linked with this lad left, right and centre at the moment.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2009 10:22:53 pm by Ross »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Simon Kjaer (Palermo)
      Reply #1: Nov 17, 2009 03:44:21 am
      Been linked with him for the third season in a row now. I don't see it happening. We have Agger, Carra, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos and Ayala.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2: Nov 17, 2009 09:47:49 am
      So it is from Goal then.

Just because the Official Site feel free to regurgitate sh*te doesn't make the story more reliable.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Nov 17, 2009 04:03:20 pm
      I don't think we need another defender. We have so much cover for all of the defensive places.

We need wide men and strikers more than anything at the moment.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Nov 17, 2009 06:51:47 pm
      I don't think we need another defender. We have so much cover for all of the defensive places.

We need wide men and strikers more than anything at the moment.

Hmmm. At the moment I'd say we need a CB who is really good in the air.

A worrying amount of goals we're conceding this season seem to be coming from crosses from out wide, throw ins, and defensive errors. I don't think a wide man is more important than a tall commanding CB like Sami at the moment, although I do think another goalscorer is just as important. Whether this guy is that I don't know.

I remember him saying in the summer that he is a big Liverpool fan. If we don't go in for him he becomes one of the best CBs in Europe it'll be a kick in the plums knowing he is a Liverpool fan and we could've had him for probably the rest of his career.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Nov 18, 2009 09:47:59 am
      Hmmm. At the moment I'd say we need a CB who is really good in the air.

A worrying amount of goals we're conceding this season seem to be coming from crosses from out wide, throw ins, and defensive errors.
      Probably more to do with Johnson / Insua / Degen / Aurelio all being up near the half way line.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Nov 18, 2009 09:53:45 am
      So it is from Goal then.

Just because the Official Site feel free to regurgitate sh*te doesn't make the story more reliable.

Aye, the first one's from the Daily Mail though.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 22, 2009 12:09:30 am
      Top CB have to say
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts | 31 
      Reply #8: Nov 24, 2009 03:29:04 pm
      As JC's long-term successor, he must be worth a shout.  He plays right centre-back, and partnered Agger in a few of Denmark's World Cup qualifying matches, including both 1-0 wins against Sweden.  Go get him!
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #9: Nov 25, 2009 11:55:22 pm
      But do we have the money... ?

Quick Reply