Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The 'The World has Gone Mad' Thread

Read 1211 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      The 'The World has Gone Mad' Thread
      Dec 04, 2009 12:01:09 am
      I'll start.

Louis Walsh signs X Factor duo John and Edward
      X Factor judge Louis Walsh has signed a deal with former contestants John and Edward, it has been announced.

Walsh, who mentored the twins during the ITV show, will manage their careers and is currently looking into record deals and TV possibilities.

He is "delighted" to work with them again but said it is "too early" to give any exact details on his plans.

The pair, whose entertaining performances divided the panel, were voted off the show last month.

Criticism

"Despite all the doubters, John and Edward proved themselves on The X Factor and I've always been convinced that they have a great career ahead of them," Walsh said.

Simon Cowell repeatedly criticised the twins singing on the show.

Their performances included a rendition of the Ghostbusters theme song during movie week and I'm Your Man by Wham!.

They were were eventually voted off by the panel, after Dannii Minogue, who had the final vote, chose to save Olly Murs.

"I'm delighted that I'll be able to continue to work with the pair. We're looking into music as well as TV deals but at this stage it is too early to give any exact details," Walsh added.

"Amicable agreement"

All X Factor contestants are contracted by Modest Management, who represent all 12 finalists until the show ends.

But Walsh has come to an "amicable agreement" with the company, which has allowed him to take the twins on.

Modest will continue to represent the other finalists as well as previous winners Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke.

Walsh will co-manage the brothers with CEO of broadcasting company Global Group, Ashley Tabor.

"Jedward are this year's X Factor phenomenon and I'm thrilled to be able to put the scale of the Global Group behind them alongside Louis, developing what I am sure will be a great career for them both.

"It's an exciting future," Mr Tabour said.

Link
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: The 'The World has Gone Mad' Thread
      Reply #1: Dec 04, 2009 12:09:29 am
      Brief answer yes.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #2: Dec 05, 2009 12:18:04 pm
      He should stick his tongue on a battery for a year making statements like that.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2009 12:23:44 pm
      If the world has gone mad, then welcome to my world :)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2009 12:48:05 pm
      Would anyone on here, actually buy a CD if Jedward ever released one? I know I wouldn't.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Dec 05, 2009 01:08:02 pm
      I'd rather dig my own eye balls out with a rusty spoon, it would be less painful than listening to their sh*te.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #6: Dec 05, 2009 01:13:25 pm
      A bit over the top that  :lmao: Rusty spoon, you could at least use a clean one.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Dec 05, 2009 01:16:21 pm
      I'd buy it.

Nah I wouldn't really.

Shops should take down the names of those who buy the CD. Those people should then be lined up and shot. No two ways about it.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #8: Dec 05, 2009 02:10:13 pm
      Utter sh*te.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Dec 05, 2009 02:14:10 pm
      I'd buy it.

Nah I wouldn't really.

Shops should take down the names of those who buy the CD. Those people should then be lined up and shot. No two ways about it.

Fooking named and shamed for crimes against the music world.

Quick Reply