Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Have we progressed under Rafa Benitez given the money he has spent ?

Read 36384 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Have we progressed under Rafa Benitez given the money he has spent ?
      Reply #299: Apr 19, 2010 05:55:28 pm
      Rafa inherited players from Houllier where the team qualify for Euro, now when all foreign players under Houllier gone, we now struggling for that 4th spot.
      Obviously it's underachievement. Shame shame shame after £230 million spent.

Obviously, F***ing hell. I know exactly what you mean! Where the F**k is Cheyrou?! My lord, dear almighty god, please bring back Cheyrou!!!!!
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #300: Apr 19, 2010 06:31:01 pm
      Where's Riera?
      The one that says Liverpool in sinking ship... who brought that Riera? Houllier?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #301: Apr 19, 2010 06:35:26 pm
      Where's Riera?
      The one that says Liverpool in sinking ship... who brought that Riera? Houllier?

What the F**k does that have to do with it? Jeez, I seriously hope you are stoned off your tits to talk some of the sh*te you do!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #302: Apr 19, 2010 06:36:52 pm
      Rafa is ******* blah, blah blah

Kuyt and Lucas are crap blah blah blah

If stevie was chocolate I would eat him he is a god blah blah

Just some of the pointless sh*te posted everyday by the same wannabees

so in my opinion and that is the only one that matters to me!

1 it is easy to quote media sh*te to have a pop at Rafa, so takes no intelligence which is ideal for some!

2 it takes no intelligence to be right after the event , the trick is to make your criticisms before or during the game, Rafa makes his decisions rightly or wrongly in real time you have the luxury to view it after the event and change your stance to make yourself look intelligent.

3 some of you do treat managers like the tramp and the guy who showed us no respect in cardiff, with far more reverence than you do our own guy, how dare any of you call Rafa the fat etc of a w**ker (either as a smilie or not) this clubs fanbase was not educated in this way throughout the decades,  so it can only be the new' type before you engage brain SSN warriors' who type this disgraceful sh*te on here!

Yes Rafa's made some mistakes christ all managers do that they make decisions in real time not sit in a studio and look at it and then decide what spin to put on it for easily led morons to quote later.

Ferguson made two mistakes yesterday  he needed a fourth after half time to secure and he put on a defensive midfield guy oshea for rooney, he then finally finally in a panic mode put berba and giggs on far too late to alter things and in the end sent vidic up because he suddenly found out berba isnt a CF as such and a luxury when you need a goal quickly! Do I see the media crucifying him this morning ah well guess not hey!

for sure the holy trinity for some it appears is fu**ed, as far as a miinority of fans are concerned!

one last thing ask yourself , you are renowned and respected throughout the world , you are working for two liars who put obsticles up to make your job almost impossible, you have your captain acting like shirley temple with PMT, and you have had and are still getting offers from some of the elite clubs in Europe who would double your salary and support major investment for new players. Would you stick around?

Then just be thankful that Rafa has, christ knows what sh*t we would be in with Klinsman, mon, curbishley, jose in charge!

Ok just needed to get this off my chest, now lets stuff WHU  tonight and move on together for once!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #303: Apr 19, 2010 06:42:53 pm
      Yer ok it was Houllier but it makes no odds what answer you get whether it's right or wrong you still got the same agenda and that is nothing connected with supporting LFC.
      To be blunt lad you're on the wrong forum, how many hints do you need?
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #304: Apr 20, 2010 03:03:18 am
      What the f**k does that have to do with it? Jeez, I seriously hope you are stoned off your tits to talk some of the sh*te you do!

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=9202.0

This is what Rafa say to the fans for getting Riera.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is thrilled to have landed the former Espanyol man and is confident his new recruit will have no problems in adapting to life in Premiership football.

"Riera has the qualities we were looking for," said Benitez. "He's a left footer who normally plays on the left wing, he's good in the air, strong, powerful and a good crosser of the ball.

"He's the kind of player we have been talking about. He can beat players and get good deliveries into the area for our strikers.

"We've known about him for a long time, since he was at Mallorca and then through his career with Bordeaux, Manchester City and Espanyol.

"He can talk English and of course he knows the Premier League, which is a big bonus. Usually foreign players need time when they go to a new country, but Riera already knows the league and the style of football

"He also had offers from other English clubs but he said no to them because he wanted to come and play for us. That means a lot to me because it shows the commitment he has to play for Liverpool."

Facts: £8m wasted.

« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2010 03:12:52 am by alliphone »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #305: Apr 20, 2010 03:16:45 am
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=9202.0

This is what Rafa say to the fans for getting Riera.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is thrilled to have landed the former Espanyol man and is confident his new recruit will have no problems in adapting to life in Premiership football.

"Riera has the qualities we were looking for," said Benitez. "He's a left footer who normally plays on the left wing, he's good in the air, strong, powerful and a good crosser of the ball.

"He's the kind of player we have been talking about. He can beat players and get good deliveries into the area for our strikers.

"We've known about him for a long time, since he was at Mallorca and then through his career with Bordeaux, Manchester City and Espanyol.

"He can talk English and of course he knows the Premier League, which is a big bonus. Usually foreign players need time when they go to a new country, but Riera already knows the league and the style of football

"He also had offers from other English clubs but he said no to them because he wanted to come and play for us. That means a lot to me because it shows the commitment he has to play for Liverpool."

Facts: Empty promises.

:lmao: Wow, cos of course, when he signs a player he should really say "I really don't expect too much - he'll probably play good one game, average the next two, score a couple great goals, then be lazy half of the other games. Then he'll get pissy after not playing and have a pop at me as well as the club, so we will then ship him off. But hey, welcome to the club, mega-jaw Albert! Glad we signed ya"

Every time a player signs, it's the same speech. If you were a proper football fan, you would know that and also know that all fans know that we only let the talking on the pitch tell us what we want to know.

I'm pretty sure Fergie had high hopes and praise for the likes of Forlan, Veron, Anderson, Nani, Berbaflop, and Owen as well.

Seriously, if you ever can actually back up one of your outrageous statements, it'll be the day i see a flying pig being arse-raped by John Goodman.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #306: Apr 20, 2010 03:46:49 am
      The fact is £8m wasted for getting Riera.

Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #307: Apr 20, 2010 03:48:47 am
      The fact is £8m wasted for getting Riera.

I imagine we make it back when we sell him.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #308: Apr 20, 2010 03:54:59 am
      What about Pennant? Did Rafa make it back for what he has spent for him?

How much we can sell Riera? Include his wages?
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #309: Apr 20, 2010 04:14:52 am
      What about Pennant? Did Rafa make it back for what he has spent for him?

How much we can sell Riera? Include his wages?

The question is 'have we progressed under rafa given the money he has spent', not 'has rafa made a profit from selling players', the two are very different, and to answer the original question, yes we certainly have.

The squad he inherited from houllier was an everton standard + gerrard at best struggling to make any sort of challenge for major honours, and depsite the blip this year rafa has created a team CAPABLE of winning every top honour. The houllier era was full of dodgey expensive transfers like diouf and cisse and was an era in which there great expensive waste in our transfer dealings. Rafa has never had the support under the americans that houllier had under moores. And despite one season (2007), has not been given any money to spend, quite literally! He's had to sell to buy. Furthermore, i can't actually think of one dodgey expensive transfer like cisse or diouf from benitez (because as we well know the keane deal was dictated from the top by parry). There have been no 30 million berbatov's, no 30 million shevchenko's, no 32 million robinho's. If you look at the big money deals that rafa has made (plus 10 million), pretty much all have been a success. So what i say is get off Benitez' back, and let every liverpool fan show him the support and how much we need him to stay. If he goes in the summer, our beloved club will be in the mier, our fortunes will not improve or worse, and all those who have been slagging him off for the last year or so, will be desperately wanting him back.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #310: Apr 20, 2010 04:25:54 am
      The question is 'have we progressed under rafa given the money he has spent', not 'has rafa made a profit from selling players', the two are very different, and to answer the original question, yes we certainly have.

The squad he inherited from houllier was an everton standard + gerrard at best struggling to make any sort of challenge for major honours, and depsite the blip this year rafa has created a team CAPABLE of winning every top honour. The houllier era was full of dodgey expensive transfers like diouf and cisse and was an era in which there great expensive waste in our transfer dealings. Rafa has never had the support under the americans that houllier had under moores. And despite one season (2007), has not been given any money to spend, quite literally! He's had to sell to buy. Furthermore, I can't actually think of one dodgey expensive transfer like cisse or diouf from benitez (because as we well know the keane deal was dictated from the top by parry). There have been no 30 million berbatov's, no 30 million shevchenko's, no 32 million robinho's. If you look at the big money deals that rafa has made (plus 10 million), pretty much all have been a success. So what I say is get off Benitez' back, and let every liverpool fan show him the support and how much we need him to stay. If he goes in the summer, our beloved club will be in the mier, our fortunes will not improve or worse, and all those who have been slagging him off for the last year or so, will be desperately wanting him back.

Do you mean this season?

2007/08 Transfers in

£5m - Lucas Leiva:
      Undisclosed - Krisztian Nemeth
      £270,000 - Mikel San Jose Dominguez
      £1.8m - Sebastian Leto
      £20.2m - Fernando Torres
      Free - Andriy Voronin
      £5m - Yossi Benayoun
      £11.5m - Ryan Babel
      Undisclosed - Charles Itandje
      £1.3m - Emiliano Insua
      £6.5m - Martin Skrtel
      £18.6m - Javier Mascherano

Total bought: £70.7m

2007/08 Transfers Out

£2.7m – Florent Simana-Pongolle
      £100,000 – Daniel O’Donnell
      Free – Jerzy Dudek
      Free - Zenden
      Free – Robbie Fowler
      £4m – Luis Garcia
      £6m – Djibril Cisse
      £7.5m – Craig Bellamy
      £3.5m – Mark Gonzales
      £1.2m – Gabriel Palletta
      £3.5m – Chris Kirkland
      £8.2m – Momo Sissoko

Total sold: £36.7m
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #311: Apr 20, 2010 04:28:12 am
      Do you mean this season?

2007/08 Transfers in

£5m - Lucas Leiva:
      £1.8m - Sebastian Leto
      £20.2m - Fernando Torres
      Free - Andriy Voronin
      £5m - Yossi Benayoun
      £11.5m - Ryan Babel
      £1.3m - Emiliano Insua
      £6.5m - Martin Skrtel

2007/08 Transfers Out

Free – Jerzy Dudek
      Free - Zenden
      Free – Robbie Fowler
      £4m – Luis Garcia
      £6m – Djibril Cisse
      £7.5m – Craig Bellamy
      £3.5m – Mark Gonzales
      £1.2m – Gabriel Palletta
      £3.5m – Chris Kirkland
      £8.2m – Momo Sissoko

Wow, he did pretty well this season imo, 7 players that are usually in our starting 11.
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #312: Apr 20, 2010 06:13:04 am
      The simple answer to the question being asked : Yes. we have won an FA Cup, Champions League, challenged Champions League title and came 2nd in the league - losing by 4 freaking points.

The transfers made in general over his tenure, may not have been always the best - but sometimes $hit happens. and most of the other managers have also bought duds.

Done.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #313: Apr 20, 2010 06:34:17 am
      "Aaaaaaaaaaalllllllllipho ne, ooo, ahhh, i wanna knoooooooooowwowww, if you ever think"
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #314: Apr 20, 2010 06:49:22 am
      OOOhhh ahhh!!!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #315: Apr 20, 2010 07:17:45 am
      Do you mean this season?

2007/08 Transfers in

£5m - Lucas Leiva:
      £1.8m - Sebastian Leto
      £20.2m - Fernando Torres
      Free - Andriy Voronin
      £5m - Yossi Benayoun
      £11.5m - Ryan Babel
      £1.3m - Emiliano Insua
      £6.5m - Martin Skrtel

2007/08 Transfers Out

Free – Jerzy Dudek
      Free - Zenden
      Free – Robbie Fowler
      £4m – Luis Garcia
      £6m – Djibril Cisse
      £7.5m – Craig Bellamy
      £3.5m – Mark Gonzales
      £1.2m – Gabriel Palletta
      £3.5m – Chris Kirkland
      £8.2m – Momo Sissoko

Funnily you checked out the only season where he got to spend money. Mind checking other seasons? :-\ ;)
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #316: Apr 20, 2010 07:51:59 am
      I think we should change this topic to Have we progressed under Rafa Benitez given the money he has spent? Please answer only YES!!! YES!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #317: Apr 20, 2010 07:57:41 am
      I think we should change this topic to Have we progressed under Rafa Benitez given the money he has spent? Please answer only YES!!! YES!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Or if you think he has regressed, back it up with facts that prove 1) we have regressed and 2) that it's Rafas fault. Don't do what everyone else does and once your argument falls flat, you just start attacking us because you think we are blindly biased :roll:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #318: Apr 20, 2010 08:21:31 am
      Do you mean this season?

2007/08 Transfers in

£5m - Lucas Leiva:
      £1.8m - Sebastian Leto
      £20.2m - Fernando Torres
      Free - Andriy Voronin
      £5m - Yossi Benayoun
      £11.5m - Ryan Babel
      £1.3m - Emiliano Insua
      £6.5m - Martin Skrtel

2007/08 Transfers Out

Free – Jerzy Dudek
      Free - Zenden
      Free – Robbie Fowler
      £4m – Luis Garcia
      £6m – Djibril Cisse
      £7.5m – Craig Bellamy
      £3.5m – Mark Gonzales
      £1.2m – Gabriel Palletta
      £3.5m – Chris Kirkland
      £8.2m – Momo Sissoko

Yes, that's the season he said is the only one we have spent. Machell88 said he has only spent in 2007, so i don't see why your bringing up figures of only 2007. That proves his point, doesn't it?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #319: Apr 20, 2010 08:55:21 am
      Not foregoing the fact that if those players crouchy lists were sold we would be well in profit, there one or two donkeys  but even Sir Alcho makes mistakes.
      The poster we are at odds with has a very selective data compilation and of course the information he opts for sheds a favourable light on the bollocks he submits.
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2010 09:01:42 am by stuey »
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #320: Apr 20, 2010 09:09:33 am
      To me no matter how much the figure, whether spend or nett spend, it's obviously he has been given to spend.
      And I've already given my point that Rafa inherited the team from Houllier where they still qualifying for Euro, but now after get rid all foreign players, the team now struggling for 4th spot.
      Simple answer from me... NO!
      asparagus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -8 
      Reply #321: Apr 20, 2010 10:13:22 am
      To me no matter how much the figure, whether spend or nett spend, it's obviously he has been given to spend.
      And I've already given my point that Rafa inherited the team from Houllier where they still qualifying for Euro, but now after get rid all foreign players, the team now struggling for 4th spot.
      Simple answer from me... NO!

100% Agreeeeddd!!!!!!! NO PROGRESS AT ALL!!!! :f_steam: Mourinho to step in!! :o

Quick Reply