Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Have we progressed under Rafa Benitez given the money he has spent ?

Read 36370 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Have we progressed under Rafa Benitez given the money he has spent ?
      Reply #345: May 06, 2010 06:45:03 pm
      With the exception of Torres up front there isn't much improvement in the FIRST team to be honest!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #346: May 06, 2010 06:46:49 pm
      We're talking about we're not much different from last season.
      We finished above Chelsea, this season we sold Alonso & Arbeloa and got Johnson.
      When asked could there any impact of let Alonso go, Rafa replied there're matches we won without Alonso. eg winning 4-1 over Utd at Old Trafford.
      If we still talking about money, let me remind you again, last season we finished above Chelsea.

Last season was a flash in the pan. We over achieved. Our squad last season was not the second best in the league and i envied Chelsea's squad and still do over ours.

However, that was what we saw when we had a bit of luck, a lot of desire, minimal injuries, no beach balls and each player playing to their potential (except Babel and Riera mostly) and we finished second.

That highlights our first XI's strengths yet raises weakness in our squad. Which is what we have seen when juxtaposed to last season.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #347: May 06, 2010 06:53:26 pm
      With the exception of Torres up front there isn't much improvement in the FIRST team to be honest!!
      Rafa know from last season we lost important points due to injuries of Torres (and Gerrard).
      But did he do something about it?
      He bought Babel for £11m, but most of the time when Torres got injured, he prefer start Ngog who less experience.
      On January transfer he should at least to get experience striker on loan, but he didn't.
      Look at  Spurs, eventhough they have Palyvechenko, Defoe and Crouch, the got Gudjohnsen on loan.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #348: May 06, 2010 06:56:41 pm
      Rafa know from last season we lost important points due to injuries of Torres (and Gerrard).
      He bought Babel for £11m, but most of the time when Torres got injured, he prefer start Ngog who less experience.
      On January transfer he should at least to get experience striker on loan, but he didn't.
      Look at  Spurs, eventhough they have Palyvechenko, Defoe and Crouch, the got Gudjohnsen on loan.

We already had N'GOG :f_tongueincheek:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #349: May 06, 2010 06:58:14 pm
      Look at  Spurs, eventhough they have Palyvechenko, Defoe and Crouch, the got Gudjohnsen on loan.

Rafa tried. He wasn't allowed. He wasn't even allowed to pay the fee for the loan Van Nistelroy would of cost! And look at RVN now at HSV.

He wasn't allowed even though he raised 6m in players sales from Voronin and Dossena. In that very same window the only transfer he was allowed was a free transfer.

He wasn't allowed to do a player swap + a bit of money he raised himself for Arda Turan.

You always ignore posts that shut your ideology down.

Rafa is not to blame for our squad. He has made mistakes but moves them on when he see's fit to bring in better players.

Let's not forget money raised from Keane's sale and also Alonso's to an extent. Rafa sold him for 30m and spent 8m thus far on a replacement.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #350: May 06, 2010 07:01:57 pm
      So, in short, we've got the same numpty's now ignoring all the evidence in TWO threads, and just coming out with the same tired old bullshit which has been debunked time after time after time.

Dunno about you other guys, but I'm calling a wrap on this for now until someone can provide constructive, concrete criticism and evidence as to why we have not progressed or why Rafa should be sacked.
      moh20
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #351: May 06, 2010 07:08:33 pm
      We all have our own opinions and what it comes down to is whats going on behind the scenes, Im sure we can all agree we will be better of without the f***in yanks (cant believe they want 800 mil)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #352: May 06, 2010 08:12:24 pm
      We all have our own opinions and what it comes down to is whats going on behind the scenes, Im sure we can all agree we will be better of without the f***in yanks (cant believe they want 800 mil)

Oh I don't mean people that take all the factors into consideration mate - criticism is fine, it's when people ignore all the evidence and critisize because they have an agenda and ignore all and any evidence presented.

And the thing is, if rafa had had the same backing in the last couple of seasons that he had in his first few, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be where we are now - if Rafa had failed despite having backing I would be asking a lot of questions of him myself.

We might have taken a step backwards this year, but we have moved at least 3 steps forwards during his tenure in comparison to Houllier.

If we want to talk about bad signings, let's examine the records of his predecessors as well, and make a comparison - although I don't know the formula for converting Souness spending to todays values.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #353: May 06, 2010 08:20:20 pm
      I think it's worth mentioning Rafa's net spend over six years is 78 million, he could sell one player in Torres and basically have assembled the squad we have for no initial outlay as he'd have recouped the club exactly what he has spent over 6 years.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #354: May 06, 2010 08:22:52 pm
      I think it's worth mentioning Rafa's net spend over six years is 78 million, he could sell one player in Torres and basically have assembled the squad we have for no initial outlay as he'd have recouped the club exactly what he has spent over 6 years.

Spot on mate.

Thats the trick that wino up the east-lancs pulled off last year.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #355: May 06, 2010 08:24:17 pm

Yep, and then you think about Spurs having spent about that in just two years, and Man City that huge 250+ as well - its not hard to really believe where we are right now.
      artc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #356: May 06, 2010 08:47:41 pm
      yawn........
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #357: May 06, 2010 08:52:39 pm

Such stunning insight and a great contribution to the discussion!

Thank you so much for allowing us mortals to read your words of wisdom.
      sheehan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #358: May 06, 2010 09:55:52 pm
      no we have not progressed he won the champions league with most of houliers team.this is the worst liverpool team i ever seen rafa can not manage or buy players look at some of the rubbish he has bought they are not fit to play in divison2 teams. if he buys a good player he gets rid of him the next season. why did he let  crouch,bellemy, risa,alonso,keane warnock go he pushed alonso out. is ngog better than crouch or keane. is insua better than risa i dont think so.just look at where we finished this season that says it all about rafa and some of his signings.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #359: May 06, 2010 09:58:13 pm
      no we have not progressed he won the champions league with most of houliers team.this is the worst liverpool team I ever seen rafa can not manage or buy players look at some of the rubbish he has bought they are not fit to play in divison2 teams. if he buys a good player he gets rid of him the next season. why did he let  crouch,bellemy, risa,alonso,keane warnock go he pushed alonso out. is ngog better than crouch or keane. is insua better than risa I dont think so.just look at where we finished this season that says it all about rafa and some of his signings.

Haha.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #360: May 06, 2010 10:09:08 pm
      no we have not progressed he won the champions league with most of houliers team.this is the worst liverpool team i ever seen rafa can not manage or buy players look at some of the rubbish he has bought they are not fit to play in divison2 teams. if he buys a good player he gets rid of him the next season. why did he let  crouch,bellemy, risa,alonso,keane warnock go he pushed alonso out. is ngog better than crouch or keane. is insua better than risa i dont think so.just look at where we finished this season that says it all about rafa and some of his signings.

Oh dear Jesus...

If you actually care about the answers to your questions, read the thread!

I's been done to death. I see the exact same players every time used to hold Rafa out the door and left to die his managerial death.

Crouch wanted to leave.

Keane was F***ing balls.

Alonso was sh*te, then good, then wanted to leave.

Bellamy was a golf club throwing, dressing room tearing, foul mouthed w**ker. Oh and he was pretty crap, too.

Riise was getting dodgy at the back. We had Aurelio at the time, also.

Warnock wasn't really needed at the time with Riise.

Look at where we have finished every other season and then say how sh*te he is.

(Oh by golly, a pro-Rafa post without mentioning money. Who'da thunk it eh?)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #361: May 06, 2010 10:17:30 pm
      Oh dear Jesus...

If you actually care about the answers to your questions, read the thread!

I's been done to death. I see the exact same players every time used to hold Rafa out the door and left to die his managerial death.

Crouch wanted to leave.

Keane was f**king balls.

Alonso was sh*te, then good, then wanted to leave.

Bellamy was a golf club throwing, dressing room tearing, foul mouthed w**ker. Oh and he was pretty crap, too.

Riise was getting dodgy at the back. We had Aurelio at the time, also.

Warnock wasn't really needed at the time with Riise.

Look at where we have finished every other season and then say how sh*te he is.

(Oh by golly, a pro-Rafa post without mentioning money. Who'da thunk it eh?)

Applause!! :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #362: May 07, 2010 02:59:26 am

YOUR VIEWS MIRROR MINE SO MUCH AND I'M DRUNK, BUM SEX AS A FLIRTATION ?, SORRY THE OTHER HALF IS ON THE JAMMY'S
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #363: May 07, 2010 03:24:32 am
      If you guys expect much money from the owner can help Rafa like ManCity and Chelsea, let me remind you once again ManCity has removed 2 managers Ericson an Hughes (two managers), and Chelsea has removed Mourinho, Grant & Scolari (three managers).
      Even Spurs has removed Jol and Ramos.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #364: May 07, 2010 03:27:00 am
      If you guys expect much money from the owner can help Rafa like ManCity and Chelsea, let me remind you once again ManCity has removed 2 managers Ericson an Hughes (two managers), and Chelsea has removed Mourinho, Grant & Scolari (three managers).

What does that have anything to do with it? Just stop man, your embarassing yourself.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #365: May 07, 2010 03:34:08 am
      We'
      What does that have anything to do with it? Just stop man, your embarassing yourself.
      We'll see.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #366: May 07, 2010 03:40:58 am
      no we have not progressed he won the champions league with most of houliers team.this is the worst liverpool team I ever seen rafa can not manage or buy players look at some of the rubbish he has bought they are not fit to play in divison2 teams. if he buys a good player he gets rid of him the next season. why did he let  crouch,bellemy, risa,alonso,keane warnock go he pushed alonso out. is ngog better than crouch or keane. is insua better than risa I dont think so.just look at where we finished this season that says it all about rafa and some of his signings.
      Every Rafa signing was great, that's why they lost to Reading.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #367: May 07, 2010 03:43:49 am
      Every Rafa signing was great, that's why they lost to Reading.

And why we beat manure.

These results based arguments are sh*t. You just have nothing man, give up. You gotz no game, dawg!

Quick Reply