Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Rafa off in the summer?

Read 2132 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,683 posts | 3903 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Rafa off in the summer?
      Dec 18, 2009 10:55:55 am
      I know the title of this might set some people off right from the start but im just looking for people that actually know what theyre talking about to have an input here.
      Guy i know from work came back from liverpool yesterday and starts feeding me this sh*te that rafa wants 14 million to leave in the summer cause " a friend of his in the know told him". My guess is hes an evertonian.
      Im starting to get worn down by this bull that the world and its mother has a negative input to make that " rafa aint good enough"
      Didnt help that the place was full of spurs and villa fans either. Where the F**k did they come from all of a sudden.
      How much are g & h paying to keep their thieving methods out of the papers.

Come on Rafa
      Put an attacking team out at the weekend and lets kick on
      IRWT YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Rafa off in the summer?
      Reply #1: Dec 18, 2009 11:27:02 am
      The only way I could see Rafa leaving in the summer is if Hicks & Gillet sack him plain & simple.

What draws me to this conclusion ?

Taking into consideration that Rafa has signed a new contract and recent statements that he has himself made that seem to suggest he was only too aware of the financial constraints he would be working under this summer and although he may have not been too happy about it, he seems to have acknowledged that reducing the club debts was a necessity and offered his assistance in doing so.

These are turbulent times financially at Anfield and I'm 100% sure Rafa will have a greater grasp of our financial situation, than any media outlet, pundit & fan and by signing his contract, he has agreed to work under these conditions, giving the sentiment to me at the very least that Rafa genuinely has the clubs best interests at heart and thats why I could not see him leaving, unless of course he was forced.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2: Dec 18, 2009 11:49:48 am
      The only way I could see Rafa leaving in the summer is if Hicks & Gillet sack him plain & simple.

What draws me to this conclusion ?

Taking into consideration that Rafa has signed a new contract and recent statements that he has himself made that seem to suggest he was only too aware of the financial constraints he would be working under this summer and although he may have not been too happy about it, he seems to have acknowledged that reducing the club debts was a necessity and offered his assistance in doing so.

These are turbulent times financially at Anfield and I'm 100% sure Rafa will have a greater grasp of our financial situation, than any media outlet, pundit & fan and by signing his contract, he has agreed to work under these conditions, giving the sentiment to me at the very least that Rafa genuinely has the clubs best interests at heart and thats why I could not see him leaving, unless of course he was forced.

The bottom line Daz is that it will cost them up to £20m to sack Rafa and this fact itself ensures that the manager remains for the foreseeable future.
      So it seems their unwillingness to part with any money in this instance has a beneficial effect on the club paradoxically, they have tried different tactics to unseat the manager but to his credit our man remains at the helm.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #3: Dec 18, 2009 11:58:55 am
      see on the 'it'd cost 20m to sack him' topic, i can't remember where but im sure i heard recently that if he was to take up another job they'd only have to pay the money he'd lost out on.

e.g. sacked today and takes the Real job by January, 3 weeks

sacked today takes the Real job in May 5-6 months worth of pay.

could be wrong because i can't remember where i heard it but that would put a different spin on things altogether.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #4: Dec 18, 2009 12:19:33 pm
      My take is, i can't see Rafa takin the Real job until he's 'sacked', i don't believe for one second that Rafa's lyin when he professes his love for the city and the club, its history and fans. I can see Rafa bein here for a long time yet and we wouldn't even be discussin it if it wasn't for a bad run and other clubs fans and journalists discussin it on our behalf.

I don't really see the point in talkin about Rafa and if he's gonna leave. He's the same man he was at the end of last season with the same tactics minus a couple of players with massive spending restrictions. We're out of the CL because we switched off defensively in 2 matches, the tactics worked other than that. Yes we've under performed in the Prem but given injuries (especially Nando and Stevie) and a poor defensive run we're still well on for a top 4 slot but because of all the negative publicity people seem to have a 'we're in a relegation fight' attitude. If we all stop listenin to the negativity provided by the tabloids, TV 'Pundits' and other clubs fans (lets be honest none of them have our clubs best interests anywhere near their hearts) we'll all be a lot happier.

My two'penneth for what its worth  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Dec 18, 2009 12:33:17 pm
      Rafa the gaffa aint going anywhere, He negotiated his terms in the new contract that he wanted overall control of all matters concerning football, Hence all those people who left the club last summer and also the length of the contract he signed which of course was 5 yrs, People say it would cost £20m to sack him but that's not all, Any new manager coming in would want to sign his own players and have his own staff and F**k knows how much that would cost, H&G are as tight as a virgin's honey pot and hate parting with money especially their own so to rid LFC of Rafa would be totally counter productive.

Dear Santa, please would you tell George to part with at least £80m in January for Rafa to spend on his targets, Thankyou so much  love ya xxx

YNWA     IRWT
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6: Dec 18, 2009 01:50:15 pm
      see on the 'it'd cost 20m to sack him' topic, i can't remember where but im sure i heard recently that if he was to take up another job they'd only have to pay the money he'd lost out on.

e.g. sacked today and takes the Real job by January, 3 weeks

sacked today takes the Real job in May 5-6 months worth of pay.

could be wrong because i can't remember where i heard it but that would put a different spin on things altogether.
      Legally that's a fact if Rafa were to throw his hand in and take up another post that would absolve H$G from paying any contractual compensation and they would be rid of our saviour and free to appoint a yes man of their choice.
      The fact that he doesn't in the light of the deceit and underhand tactics employed by the owners is an indication of the mans honesty and faith in the club and the misguided cynics who want him replaced should examine whose agenda it would benefit if he left.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2009 01:57:07 pm by stuey »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #7: Dec 18, 2009 01:58:20 pm
      Let me get this right.

We've started a topic because someone on the forum knows someone in work, who knows somebody, who said Rafa is going in the summer.

These kind of topics seem to be started on a regular basis. If it isn't bookies stopping to take bets on him going, or people saying he is going.

Key in. Topic Locked.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2009 02:38:32 pm by JD »

Quick Reply