Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Steven Gerrard: I'm desperate to win league title with Liverpool before I retire

Read 4221 times
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Re: Steven Gerrard: I'm desperate to win league title with Liverpool before I retire
      Reply #23: Dec 08, 2009 02:15:09 pm
      Way too modest there, Stevie. You are a legend.

It will happen.
      RedWilly

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Re: Steven Gerrard: I'm desperate to win league title with Liverpool before I retire
      Reply #24: Dec 08, 2009 03:48:41 pm
      Wierd to think that he's nearly 30. Seems like he has been around forever. Jesus, he's not alone in his desperation, just some of our other players showed the same determination and desire to win it, in every game, not just the big ones.

No player in premier league history deserve a league title more than him. Now go out and do it (or maybe next year :D )
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Re: Steven Gerrard: I'm desperate to win league title with Liverpool before I re
      Reply #25: Dec 08, 2009 03:52:17 pm
      Carra as well, they deserve to have the Prem League Medal around their chest more than any other player in the team/country. No one gives more every game.

Y.N.W.A Stevie

I.R.W.T

Yea Carra too deserves it
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Dec 08, 2009 04:17:40 pm
      In reply to the thread title.

Your not the only one Stevie, your not the only one, both you and Carra deserve it for the service you have gave us over the years. :)
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #27: Dec 08, 2009 04:18:20 pm
      First, I certainly, 100% think he'll win the trophy and #19.

On the flip-side, Do you think It would take away from his "Legend" status if he never wins an EPL Title?

In the US the usual pub talk is always about sports and whether great players can still be "Legends" or Hall of Famers if they dont win the a title.  A big example is Dan Marino he was a Quarterback in the NFL. Has a ton of Passing  and TD records, but never won a Superbowl.  

The phrase is 'Cant Win the Big One"..and it usually does take a little away from the career. Can a player become a "Legend" if he never reached the top of the mountain?
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #28: Dec 08, 2009 04:30:11 pm
      Ask Mourinhio hes always giving his away .........No but on a serious note Him and Carra deserve one purely for the pleasure they give us as fans and the effort they put into every game .The passion and loyalty is there but the boys are missing the medals...
      I.R.W.T
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #29: Dec 08, 2009 06:10:57 pm
      I think we all can sympathise with him, it has been far too long since we won the title.

Keep going Stevie, you'll get your chance to hold the cup very soon.
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #30: Dec 08, 2009 06:18:17 pm
      Steven Gerrard deserves the title with us for all the service he's given us.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #31: Dec 11, 2009 08:29:39 am
      Maybe it won't be this year but Gerrard isn't a stupid man, he's been around a while now so he knows we have the people to win it, he also knows if anyone can do it it's Benitez, and that's why he's still here, he must listen to people like Collymore and laugh because the guy's just mischief making. Last season we would have won it but for maybe the Ronaldo factor, we don't become a bad team overnight,

We still have the same players as last season and they haven't become bad players in three months, that's why when sky put on all their anti-Benitez people to commentate on the match against the Italians, they made assholes of themselves, we haven't become a bad team , although listening to them you would think this team were all championship players, my sky package will go after the hols, I don't pay money to them to have my intelligence insulted.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #32: Dec 11, 2009 02:15:42 pm
      The phrase is 'Cant Win the Big One"..and it usually does take a little away from the career. Can a player become a "Legend" if he never reached the top of the mountain?

Can't compare the two unfortunately, because Steven has driven us to an bigger triumph in Istanbul and in my eyes, the European Cup is a far bigger triumph than winning the league.

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2009 01:50:50 am
      Can't compare the two unfortunately, because Steven has driven us to an bigger triumph in Istanbul and in my eyes, the European Cup is a far bigger triumph than winning the league.

I totally agree.  I think a CL Trophy is bigger than the League. His CL title has already made him a great.                     
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 12, 2009 05:51:20 am
      There is no player in the world that deserves to lift the PL trophy more than our stevie.Please guys stop talking about our beloved captain retiring,im getting a huge lump in my throat just thinking about it.

YNWA stevie
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Steven Gerrard: I'm desperate to win league title with Liverpool before I re
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2009 06:00:03 am

Agree in part. Europe is always so hard to win, but i think our situation is unique. I believe when Stevie wins the title, he will think of it as his greatest achievement. Just because of the expectation, and the heartbreak we have had in trying to get our hands on that trophy, will make it that much sweeter. That title will be the best moment so far in my life, and i believe it will even surpass Istanbul for me, just because of this.
      Then you have Chelsea fans, and John Terry for example, who would feel the same if they won in Europe. Pity they never will ;)
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #36: Dec 12, 2009 08:12:48 am
      Agree in part. Europe is always so hard to win, but I think our situation is unique. I believe when Stevie wins the title, he will think of it as his greatest achievement. Just because of the expectation, and the heartbreak we have had in trying to get our hands on that trophy, will make it that much sweeter. That title will be the best moment so far in my life, and I believe it will even surpass Istanbul for me, just because of this.
      Then you have Chelsea fans, and John Terry for example, who would feel the same if they won in Europe. Pity they never will ;)

IMO winning the EPL is as important and as big as winning the CL, since we havent won it in almost 20yrs the day we lift the trophy will be the same as when we won in Istanbul
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #37: Dec 13, 2009 02:24:03 am
      IMO winning the EPL is as important and as big as winning the CL, since we havent won it in almost 20yrs the day we lift the trophy will be the same as when we won in Istanbul

Just a shame the trophy is a pile of sh*te and a blatant rip-off of the European Cup, give me the old League Championship trophy any day!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,609 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Dec 13, 2009 09:52:38 am
      It will happen!
      Believe Stevie Lad, Believe!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: Dec 13, 2009 11:55:46 am
      We're all with you on this one Stevie lad, keep going and one day hopefully before you retire you'll lift the Premiership trophy in front of your adoring crowd at Anfield on the last day of the season before we move into our new ground.

Quick Reply