Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LIVE: Portsmouth v Liverpool

Read 28413 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: LIVE: Portsmouth v Liverpool
      Reply #23: Dec 19, 2009 12:19:09 pm
      Don't get me wrong if we didn't have Aurelio, it would be great for him to start week in week out but we have a phenomenal striker of the ball in Aurelio and he can make a difference from LB where IMO Insua cant.

On the defensive side of things Aurelio is quicker and stronger and is more aware positionally, so i don't see the logic in playing Insua.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #24: Dec 19, 2009 12:19:31 pm
      Could do with 5 goals to go 5th.

Not worried about goal difference right now TBH.

Plenty of time left for that, three points is all that matters for me.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #25: Dec 19, 2009 12:20:03 pm
      disappointing that aquilani couldnt play but imo even more so that benny isnt in the starting 11.
      anyway come on redmen and lets get up that table...
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #26: Dec 19, 2009 12:20:10 pm
      I'm beginning to worry for Aquilani. Anywho, this game should be an easy three points, and let's hope Glen facing his former club brings out the best in him. I still don't see why Dossena is starting over Benayoun.

I expect a win. Hopefully it's a big win.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Dec 19, 2009 12:20:26 pm
      Think the only reason Aurelio isn't playing is due to concerns over fitness over this Christmas period as he's so bloody injury prone!

Interesting that Dossena gets the nod. I personally wouldn't have chosen him but he did play well against Fiorentina.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #28: Dec 19, 2009 12:21:26 pm
      Could do with 5 goals to go 5th.

66-1 on average. Anyone up for a punt?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Dec 19, 2009 12:22:26 pm
      who the F**k suggested the italian glass to us??

F***ing waste of money

Yes. Lets buy someone with much less ability just because they were fit at the start of the season. That makes sense.

People are doing my F***ing head in about Aquilani. Lucas and Mascherano are both playing well at the moment and Gerrard is perfectly capable of dropping back into central midfield. Patience.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #30: Dec 19, 2009 12:22:54 pm
      66-1 on average. Anyone up for a punt?

What's the odds on 5-0 with a Doss hat-trick?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 19, 2009 12:23:05 pm
      Yes we should beat Portsmouth, but they've had a decent couple of results in the past few weeks and almost gave Chelsea a fright at Stamford Bridge.  Lucas and Mascherano both deserve to be in the starting XI on merit so I think the formation is perfectly acceptable - especially away from home.

Name one team who had two holding midfielders with a total lack in creativity and one striker who needs someone to play off of as their set up who have had any silverware in the last 20 years????

None thats who its far too negative and we wont be able to make that step forward if that negativity is amongst the team... I've went to the Arsenal game and all I saw was Mascherano stop Arsenal getting fluency while Lucas stood there and played it back to Agger who then decided to 'huff' the ball to Torres who headed it on to Almunia...I'm F***ing sick of it and i know for sure I'm not the only one... To say Lucas warrants a place is a joke we all know he isn't good enough stop F***ing wishing and face reality!!
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #32: Dec 19, 2009 12:23:55 pm
      Yes. Lets buy someone with much less ability just because they were fit at the start of the season. That makes sense.

People are doing my F***ing head in about Aquilani. Lucas and Mascherano are both playing well at the moment and Gerrard is perfectly capable of dropping back into central midfield. Patience.

playing well eh??

so why we are in europa league and fighting with the likes of birmingham and villa?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #33: Dec 19, 2009 12:25:47 pm
      Because the team as a WHOLE is letting us down not two f**king players !
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #34: Dec 19, 2009 12:26:01 pm
      Name one team who had two holding midfielders with a total lack in creativity and one striker who needs someone to play off of as their set up who have had any silverware in the last 20 years????

None thats who its far too negative and we wont be able to make that step forward if that negativity is amongst the team... I've went to the Arsenal game and all I saw was Mascherano stop Arsenal getting fluency while Lucas stood there and played it back to Agger who then decided to 'huff' the ball to Torres who headed it on to Almunia...I'm f**king sick of it and I know for sure I'm not the only one... To say Lucas warrants a place is a joke we all know he isn't good enough stop f**king wishing and face reality!!

Just a quick question. How many Liverpool games have you seen this season? Obviously, not many. Otherwise, you would've seen that Lucas has been good this season, and has certainly been better that a certain Steven Gerrard.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #35: Dec 19, 2009 12:27:31 pm
      playing well eh??

so why we are in europa league and fighting with the likes of birmingham and villa?

Well F***ing said mate couldnt agree more... The people who say Lucas and Masch can play together have either smoked sh*t loads of weed or just dont understand football... Lucas and Masch SHOULD NEVER PLAY TOGETHER!!!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #36: Dec 19, 2009 12:27:35 pm
      What's the odds on 5-0 with a Doss hat-trick?

Doss 33-1 to be the first goal scorer,  but Voronin is 7-1, not even in the squad.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #37: Dec 19, 2009 12:27:39 pm
      Clean sheets on Carra's 100,200,300,400,500 th games let's hope the run continues on his 600th
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #38: Dec 19, 2009 12:29:09 pm
      Well F***ing said mate couldnt agree more... The people who say Lucas and Masch can play together have either smoked sh*t loads of weed or just dont understand football... Lucas and Masch SHOULD NEVER PLAY TOGETHER!!!!

Lucas and Masch should never play together your right, because if they never played together that day at anfield we would of lost to the mancs and thats what us liverpool fans want, as long as Lucas and Masch don't play together everything else is just great.

Them two players won us the game that day single handedly.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #39: Dec 19, 2009 12:29:36 pm
      Come on reds. Hope Dossy is up for this game. Ynwa.

I thought that kewell only is injure prone so much.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #40: Dec 19, 2009 12:29:44 pm

That why we dominated United at home? For example.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #41: Dec 19, 2009 12:30:16 pm
      you really can't blame the press if they sprout out some nonsense on rafa and team selections you know..

sometimes i really wonder if he has any motivation to win a match
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #42: Dec 19, 2009 12:30:21 pm
      That why we dominated United at home? For example.

Thank you !
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #43: Dec 19, 2009 12:30:27 pm
      A good dust up before the game great to see harmony amongst us ,happy days im off to dads to watch the game bye bye kids.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #44: Dec 19, 2009 12:31:24 pm
      Just a quick question. How many Liverpool games have you seen this season? Obviously, not many. Otherwise, you would've seen that Lucas has been good this season, and has certainly been better that a certain Steven Gerrard.
      Who the F**k do you think you are questioning me you... Im a F***ing realist and realise anyone can do what Lucas is doing for us, all he does is pass backwards and is prone to losing the ball.... I've been to two by the way but to be there doesnt mean you cant see how sh*t someone is...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Dec 19, 2009 12:31:40 pm

None thats who its far too negative and we wont be able to make that step forward if that negativity is amongst the team... I've went to the Arsenal game and all I saw was Mascherano stop Arsenal getting fluency while Lucas stood there and played it back to Agger who then decided to 'huff' the ball to Torres who headed it on to Almunia...I'm F***ing sick of it and i know for sure I'm not the only one... To say Lucas warrants a place is a joke we all know he isn't good enough stop F***ing wishing and face reality!!

playing well eh??

It could also be argued that in 24 games we've played this season over all competitions, we have been forced into trying 16 different defensive combinations, but injuries and inability to field a consistent settled back 4 surely has no impact on our season right ?

Quick Reply