Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Portsmouth 2-0 Liverpool: Post Match Depression

Read 34073 times
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Re: Portsmouth 2-0 Liverpool: Post Match Depression
      Reply #207: Dec 19, 2009 04:54:36 pm
      this 'hoping to win the next game' is very irritating esp when it used on a weekly basis. Play like we did today against Wolves and
      esp Villa away.....
      footjon
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #208: Dec 19, 2009 05:04:09 pm
      I know the owners are crap but the we have 15 good players who Rafa should be able to make a team out of. The team that played today was miles better on paper than Portsmouth but still played awfully. He is not motivating them and is too tactically negative. Need to attack and take teams on.  The only difference is Alonso from last year, although our FB's do leave our CB's exposed as both are not great defenders
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #209: Dec 19, 2009 05:09:01 pm
      Rafa seems really pissed off in his post match interview.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #210: Dec 19, 2009 05:17:50 pm
      Maybe now, just MAYBE, some of you on here will accept we won't win the league this season.

Its been embarassing reading the comments on here the past few weeks.

Having said that though, slating the team or Rafa won't help matters. Its only a matter of time before the reds turn it around and start winning on a consistent level.

A top 4 finish, hopefully win both the europa league and the f.a cup - that wont be a disaster.

We need to look ahead for next season and focus on that
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #211: Dec 19, 2009 05:23:49 pm
      We are now exactly 12 points off the top AND 12 points from the relegation zone.  :f_steam:
      That puts things in perspective now, horrible season.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #212: Dec 19, 2009 05:25:35 pm
      With these tactics and this formation that Rafa keeps accepting that are able for Liverpool to win anything i would say we are not able to win Coca Cola championship 1. And this is not a joke.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #213: Dec 19, 2009 05:27:05 pm
      We let a great chance pass us by today to close the gap on manure,thats the most wounding thing of all,the players need to take a good look at themselves in the mirror and owe us a F***ing response which we DEMAND.I cant make anymore or think of excuses for the players.
      Point blank they should have beaten pompey today but pompey played for a cause something the players of liverpool  should learn,pisses me right off when things are going our way the players make comments in the media how much they want to win the pl but after todays performance and most of the season i guess they are pulling the wool over our eyes and are only concerned about the pay cheque at the end of the month.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #214: Dec 19, 2009 05:28:41 pm
      http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1150674.html?cid=rssfeed&att=

Liverpool hit a new low..............it says.

OK.    

Rafa must be running his MasterPlan or we ARE in the doo.

Ill give him a call in the morning for our usual Sunday chat.

Let you know how we get on. ;D

:)

fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #215: Dec 19, 2009 05:31:19 pm
      With these tactics and this formation that Rafa keeps accepting that are able for Liverpool to win anything I would say we are not able to win Coca Cola championship 1. And this is not a joke.

you don't have a clue about football then if your comparing liverpool to newcastle and west brom and actually stating they would finish above us in that crappy league.

some of you get a grip, were going through a hard time and we've lost a lot of points we shouldn't have, but what the f'uck do we sing week in week out?

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

when times gets tough, dont jump on Rafas or the players back, get behind them for f'ucks sake and lets make something of this season.

we've started very poorly for our standards, but we can still finish on a high
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #216: Dec 19, 2009 05:35:39 pm
      When Portsmouth saw our midfield of Masch, Lucas, Kuyt, Dossena, who do you think they were afraid of?  Which player were they concerned would open them up?  I think it's pretty objective to say, they wouldn't have exactly been quaking in their boots.  Terrible terrible line up that will never open up any defence.  Rafa picks the team and he should take the blame.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #217: Dec 19, 2009 05:35:44 pm
      Rafa seems really pissed off in his post match interview.

I hate to say it but thats a good thing.  We need some life to be injected in our squad.  Lack of confidence is killing our lads.

Totally and utterly gutted.  
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #218: Dec 19, 2009 05:36:03 pm
      We simply cannot attack! I am watching Liverpool this year didn't miss any game and, our attack comes when a player does 150% of his ability to pass an opponent player that is defending for example today. Torres was running with the ball and 4 players behind him and 4 in front of him.. did 1 chance. The other chance was  from Gerrard on a lucky shot and another which he took the ball on the air like he was a flying bird with the left foot and immidiately shot with the right foot like he was a robot or something. The thing that im trying to say is we can't attack with simple passes and make attacking simple! Like the other 12 teams i would say. But Benitez says we can score many goals with Liverpool system i say this is bull! Rafa you've tried it 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 times i think is F***ing enough we are going to end up like the ''Decent'' teams of EPL if there are any decent nowdays.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #219: Dec 19, 2009 05:38:31 pm
      Oh! One more thing...

Happy Birthday, Ryan Babel!!

???   :lmao:

A GREAT DAY THEN !
       :lmao:
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #220: Dec 19, 2009 05:40:52 pm
      you don't have a clue about football then if your comparing liverpool to newcastle and west brom and actually stating they would finish above us in that crappy league.

some of you get a grip, were going through a hard time and we've lost a lot of points we shouldn't have, but what the f'uck do we sing week in week out?

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

when times gets tough, dont jump on Rafas or the players back, get behind them for f'ucks sake and lets make something of this season.

we've started very poorly for our standards, but we can still finish on a high

Hey man i've been a lot of times this year behind of them. I think you should wake up and see whats going on with Liverpool and not Rafa and his team. Stop being a cow and listening whatever they say to you and have your own oppinion.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #221: Dec 19, 2009 05:44:30 pm
      I couldn't see the match but was F***ing disappointed when I saw the scoreline.  :f_steam:
      I'm sorry but there's no way Kuyt deserved a starting line-up place ahead of Benayoun.
      Think Rafa got that one wrong. Masch sending off was a big blow. From what I heard, prevented Stevie G from going forward as often.

Anyway, pathetic result. With manure also losing, we had an good chance to cover up more points. Really, these are the type of games we should be winning, and covering up with the teams ahead of us.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #222: Dec 19, 2009 05:51:11 pm
      Come May, Liverpool will not have disgraced themselves.Things WILL improve,of that am certain.Unfortunatley in the meantime its a slight case of 'Poo Pants Time' :'(
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #223: Dec 19, 2009 05:54:24 pm
      I honestly think the squad need back to basics training.  Passing the ball from defence to midfielders to strikers.  

It seems to me like the players get frustrated and just lob the ball in the air in the general direction of teammates further up the pitch.  Sometimes it reaches the player but often it doesn't.  

Passing the ball along the ground seems a hell of a lot more effective to me.  
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #224: Dec 19, 2009 05:55:33 pm
      When the coach of your team is quoted post-match as saying:

"Now we have to hope we can win our next game.''

Thats a problem!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #225: Dec 19, 2009 05:59:08 pm
      a few shorts words
      get rafa out n bring in dalglish
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #226: Dec 19, 2009 06:05:30 pm
      Its been embarassing reading the comments on here the past few weeks.

What you mean like all the blind optimism?

Sorry about that. 

I'll close the forum down. Send me an email when we're allowed to re-open it won't you.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #227: Dec 19, 2009 06:10:37 pm
      While not being a Rafa basher his blindness to players form at the moment is bordering on the ridiculous Kuyt would have trouble passing wind at the moment let alone a ball ,Lucas went missing after Masch went off tells its own story that one ,and Insua is no fcking full back well not yet, and starting Dossena in midfield ,i would like to ask the boss what the fck that was all about.  Those players out there today should be fcking ashamed of themselves ,to wear that shirt is everything and someone better tell them that soon,they should give all their pay this week to charity because they sure as fck havn,t earnt it.
      An abysmal performance by a reds team and in my 35 years following this club there hasn,t been many times ive thought that, out thought, out fought, out played and no fcking heart.
                                                 TOTALLY GUTTED. 
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #228: Dec 19, 2009 06:16:59 pm
      I just realised.

We're F***ing pathetic.

To think we lost to a bottom side that nearly slipped into administration 1 month ago. Rooted to the bottom. Players' wages not paid.

They've got a sh*t load of problems more than us, but their players are sticking together and showing us how to play football.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #229: Dec 19, 2009 06:18:10 pm
      I just realised.

We're F***ing pathetic.

To think we lost to a bottom side that nearly slipped into administration 1 month ago. Rooted to the bottom. Players' wages not paid.

They've got a sh*t load of problems more than us, but their players are sticking together and showing us how to play football.

"Pour salt water, on the wound".

Quick Reply