Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Are British people too soft these days?

Read 1409 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Are British people too soft these days?
      Feb 12, 2009 10:26:52 am
      imagine the scene

the whole of britain is time warped into 1941, the germans are trying to invade
      would we be too soft, and just let them in.
      the main worry our people would have would be.........

"why isnt my mobile phone working"
      "what has happened to eastenders, why are the designer shops closing"

the real question is, are we too wrapped up in our own situations and entertainment to realise what is going on in the world.
      i think brits have gone inward thinking and soft for our own good, we are brainwashed by the news and our priorities are all screwed up

what does everybody think of these statements
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2009 11:05:15 am by JD »
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Re: Are British people too soft these days?
      Reply #1: Feb 12, 2009 12:59:16 pm
      I think its health and safety that has made Britain soft
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2009 05:32:49 pm
      It's true that we're softer nowadays, the standard of living, health care and so on has improved since the 1940's. Improvements in technology will always make life easier.

Thing is though, the people who were living in the 40's didn't know what life would be like for us now, maybe they went around saying how soft they all were compared to their grandparents brought up in the 19th Century! ;) Their grandparents probably moaned about how soft they were too, life was so much easier since the Romans came along with their irrigation techniques, and aquaducts making farming and personal hygiene much better!  :f_whistle:

Whilst I agree we're getting softer, we can't help but be a product of our environment! We're going to keep on getting softer, as long as there are Japenese technicians out there thinking of ways to make life easier! :D In 50 years they'll be saying how hard we were at the turn of the century, so bask in the thought of your future tough appearance! ;)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2009 07:06:10 pm
      We once had an Empire and the dependnts that came with it and look were we are now,so yes we are too soft.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #4: Feb 14, 2009 01:19:06 am
      It's true that we're softer nowadays, the standard of living, health care and so on has improved since the 1940's. Improvements in technology will always make life easier.

Thing is though, the people who were living in the 40's didn't know what life would be like for us now, maybe they went around saying how soft they all were compared to their grandparents brought up in the 19th Century! ;) Their grandparents probably moaned about how soft they were too, life was so much easier since the Romans came along with their irrigation techniques, and aquaducts making farming and personal hygiene much better!  :f_whistle:

Whilst I agree we're getting softer, we can't help but be a product of our environment! We're going to keep on getting softer, as long as there are Japenese technicians out there thinking of ways to make life easier! :D In 50 years they'll be saying how hard we were at the turn of the century, so bask in the thought of your future tough appearance! ;)
      great post ayrton, good points i agree, but what if we were thrown in the outback with some aborigonie, we would be left looking stupid, we couldnt even forrage for some food, yet they would be self sufficient, i think we have lost all links with the earth and how the world really works that we would be jibbering wrecks if the world ever went titsup. the world is a better place, but i think they have already found alternative energy sources that they are not letting on about, they are holding back so we supply them with money...............

thats the main problem in the world these days, people value money more than anything, more than principles, more than morals...... we have not only gone soft we have gone spiritually corrupt in my mind and im not religious.

Quick Reply