Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

A Couple of Quiz Questions

Read 65484 times
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Re: A Couple of Quiz Questions
      Reply #92: May 16, 2007 04:14:40 pm
      sorry!! :)

Was thinking bournmouth but just thought it was FC (damn!)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #93: May 16, 2007 04:16:31 pm
      *EDIT*

Well off the pace, you already had the answers.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2007 04:17:52 pm by EddieC »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #94: May 17, 2007 11:49:26 am
      Heres some real tough ones so I don't mind you goggling.
      i`m off to some sh1t seminor this afternoon so answers on a post card, failing that i`ll have look in tomorrow

1. Ipswich Town played in the inaugural Premier League in the 1992-93 season. Which of these scored their debut goal?

2. Middlesbrough took on Coventry City at Highfield Road in their first ever Premiership game. Who scored Boro's first goal?

3. Chelsea played Oldham Athletic in their first ever Premiership game. Which of these scored their debut goal?

4. Leeds United began the defence of their League crown at home to Wimbledon at Elland Road. Which of these scored their first Premiership goal?

5. Norwich City began the Premiership season of 1992-93 with a difficult away visit to Highbury, and Arsenal. Which of these scored their first ever Premier League goal?

6. In Liverpool's first ever Premiership game, they were beaten 1-0 by Nottingham Forest away from home. Just three days later, they played Sheffield Wednesday at Anfield where they finally registered their first ever Premiership goal. Which of these scored it?

7. Sheffield Wednesday went to Everton's Goodison Park home in the first Premier League season of 1992-93. The game ended in a 1-1 draw, but who scored the Owl's first Premiership goal?

8. West Ham United were beaten 2-0 by Wimbledon in their first ever Premier League game, then 1-0 by Leeds United three days later. In the third game of the season, they finally registered a goal away to Coventry City. Which of these scored it?

9. Newcastle United entered the Premiership in the 1993-94 season. In their first game, they were beaten 1-0 at home to Tottenham Hotspur. Four days later, they faced Coventry City and scored their first ever Premiership goal. Who netted in that game for the Toon Army?

10. Wolverhampton Wanderers travelled to Blackburn Rovers' Ewood Park ground for their first ever Premiership game. Which of these scored for Wolves?
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #95: May 17, 2007 12:03:12 pm
      I`m off to some sh1t seminor this afternoon so answers on a post card, failing that I`ll have look in tomorrow

1. Ipswich Town played in the inaugural Premier League in the 1992-93 season. Which of these scored their debut goal?

2. Middlesbrough took on Coventry City at Highfield Road in their first ever Premiership game. Who scored Boro's first goal?

3. Chelsea played Oldham Athletic in their first ever Premiership game. Which of these scored their debut goal?

4. Leeds United began the defence of their League crown at home to Wimbledon at Elland Road. Which of these scored their first Premiership goal?

5. Norwich City began the Premiership season of 1992-93 with a difficult away visit to Highbury, and Arsenal. Which of these scored their first ever Premier League goal?

6. In Liverpool's first ever Premiership game, they were beaten 1-0 by Nottingham Forest away from home. Just three days later, they played Sheffield Wednesday at Anfield where they finally registered their first ever Premiership goal. Which of these scored it?

7. Sheffield Wednesday went to Everton's Goodison Park home in the first Premier League season of 1992-93. The game ended in a 1-1 draw, but who scored the Owl's first Premiership goal?

8. West Ham United were beaten 2-0 by Wimbledon in their first ever Premier League game, then 1-0 by Leeds United three days later. In the third game of the season, they finally registered a goal away to Coventry City. Which of these scored it?

9. Newcastle United entered the Premiership in the 1993-94 season. In their first game, they were beaten 1-0 at home to Tottenham Hotspur. Four days later, they faced Coventry City and scored their first ever Premiership goal. Who netted in that game for the Toon Army?

10. Wolverhampton Wanderers travelled to Blackburn Rovers' Ewood Park ground for their first ever Premiership game. Which of these scored for Wolves?

Bloody hell Venison mate I had trouble passing CSE's give us a week and I will get back to you. ;D
      Oh and questions 1,3,4,5,6,8,10 say "which of these" but you haven't given us any these!, enjoy your seminar ;)
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2007 12:05:11 pm by Glenbuck »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #96: May 17, 2007 12:11:04 pm
      it was multiple choice but that would been just plain hard, and i thought you would enjoy the challenge ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #97: May 17, 2007 12:14:19 pm
      it was multiple choice but that would been just plain hard, and I thought you would enjoy the challenge ;)
      You swine!, i didnt mean to ridicule your Spurs 7-0 question and i wont do it again, honest! ;D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #98: May 17, 2007 12:25:50 pm
      Ive got a memory of and Elephant, well more of a Goldfish so Ive forgiven that one! but if i gave you the options you`d have a 25% chance of getting the correct answer, and you'd only be cheating yourself  :f_tongueincheek:
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #99: May 17, 2007 12:33:55 pm
      That's why I love the multiple choice questions in my exams ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #100: May 17, 2007 01:56:19 pm
      I`m off to some sh1t seminor this afternoon so answers on a post card, failing that I`ll have look in tomorrow

Johnson,Dozzell or Kiwomya?
      Wilkinson
      Harford
      Chapman
      Robins,Phillips or Fox
      Stewart? or Walters not sure.
      Pearson
      Gordon
      Atherton o.g.
      Iverson?

Go on then how did i do,and when is my Physics exam?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #101: May 17, 2007 08:36:47 pm
      Go on then how did I do,and when is my Physics exam?

Well you know I can only accept your first answer, .................Congats 90%............ ???Hang on the only one you got wrong was the Liverpool question your second answer Walters was correct

Brian Deane had given the Blades a 1-0 lead in the 35th minute in front of 33,107 supporters. Walters levelled the score two minutes before the break, then Paul Stewart scored the winner in the 65th.

So a large point deduction should be in order. ;)

Following my glorious Seminor I must warn you that your next test maybe on Leather Jackets, Not the type you wear but Crane fly Larva so get swatting :-\

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #102: May 17, 2007 08:50:00 pm

Following my glorious Seminor I must warn you that your next test maybe on Leather Jackets, Not the type you wear but Crane fly Larva so get swatting :-\

You are awakening a fear in me I haven't had since my Comprehensive :o when you mentioned leathers I thought we where going to get questions on Heavy metal or S&M!, is crane fly larvae number 58 on Tsos menu in town? I hope so or I can see me having a day off Friday.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2007 08:57:13 pm by Glenbuck »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #103: May 18, 2007 10:17:34 am
      is crane fly larvae number 58 on Tsos menu in town? I hope so or I can see me having a day off Friday.

thats for them to know and you to find out! going by this review anyway

This is an all you can eat restaurant and i advise anyone to go here - except those with dietary requirements(the young staff only speak slight english and point to the foods that might poison you by accident)
      Recommended by: Anonymous By Request - 14/10/2002

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #104: May 25, 2007 08:19:53 pm
      OK - A footie quiz question for all you pundits -

1.   Name the footballers who scored the highest number of individual goals in one game for  a) an International team and b) an English Team ??

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #105: May 26, 2007 08:20:32 am
      In international football, the record for the number of goals scored by a single player in one match is held by Australian Archie Thompson, who scored 13 goals in their 31-0 victory over American Samoa.

Luton Town's Joe Payne, who started life on the wing and was playing up front for the first time for the Hatters, holds the record for the most goals scored in a league game by an individual player. Payne scored 10 goals in the Hatters' 12-0 victory over Bristol Rovers on Easter Monday in 1936.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #106: May 26, 2007 10:48:06 am
      Well done Glenbuck, you been checking out my source   ;) ;D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #107: May 26, 2007 12:21:15 pm
      Well done Glenbuck, you been checking out my source   ;) ;D

At least you never asked me was i at that game! ;D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #108: Jul 05, 2007 01:53:35 pm
      Glenbuck Shame on you I thought your quiz time was going to be a regular Friday Fixture

I`ll tune back in tomorrow.:dunce2:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #109: Jul 05, 2007 02:03:26 pm
      Glenbuck Shame on you I thought your quiz time was going to be a regular Friday Fixture

I`ll tune back in tomorrow.:dunce2:

It's been a month Venner's mate don't tell me you have only just noticed? :o

I have been a bit busy as some clever dick in work thought it would be a good idea to give me something to do, the swine! but as you have your hat on i will try and find something fiendish for tomorrow. ;D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #110: Jul 05, 2007 09:30:21 pm
      1. Which book, written by Alice Walker, was made into a film starring Whoopi Goldberg?

2. The Nursery End, the Pavilion End and St John`s Road are all linked with which sporting ground?

3. Who is the murder victim in the game of Cluedo?

4. Which country has a birth rate of zero?

5. In which sport may a match be decide using the Duckworth Lewis method?

6. By what name is Schubert`s Symphony No. 8 better known?

7. On a clear day, from the top of Ben Nevis, what is the furthest thing you can see?

8. What was the name of the first artificial satellite sent into space?

9. Sand consists of silicon and what other element?

10. Which rugby super league team have the nickname `Wolves`?
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2007 09:56:35 pm by EddieC »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #111: Jul 05, 2007 09:42:57 pm
      3. Don't know but if you play the Simpson version its Mr Burns (by the way Homer did it in the nuclear power plant with the poison donut)
      7. with or without my contact lenses in?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #112: Jul 05, 2007 09:51:44 pm
      I think, no.5 is Cricket?

And is no.8 Sputnik?
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2007 09:54:04 pm by redkenny »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #113: Jul 05, 2007 09:54:47 pm

Correct.

Close enough, Sputnik I
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #114: Jul 05, 2007 09:56:36 pm
      1.  The Color Purple
      2.  Lords Cricket Ground
      3.  Dr Black
      4.  The Vatican City
      5.  Cricket
      6.  Unfinished
      7.  The S*n !!   the one in the sky !!  :D
      8.  Sputnik 1
      9.  Depends where the sand is ???  Varying composites, silicon and whatever the area is made up of, pieces of rock, shells...
      10. Warrington

??? ???

Quick Reply