Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

In response to the negative media we must stand together

Read 3924 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: In response to the negative media we must stand together
      Reply #23: Dec 15, 2009 09:07:07 pm
      The papers have never been Pro-Liverpool.

And I don't actually want them praising us. I couldn't give a sh*t what they think. They can praise United and Chelsea all they like. When our time comes again, all you will see is sh*t in the papers and how unlucky Chelsea and United were not to have won it.

It's us and them in my honest opinion. And I love it that way. All of our proper players treat it that way. Babel isn't one of them, for example, and you can plainly see why.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #24: Dec 15, 2009 11:23:47 pm
      Im sorry but the only way to beat the media is with performances on the pitch. Its common knowledge the liverpool fans are behind the team and manager. The problem is we're stinking it up out there week after week making ourselves easy pickings. Fix the performances/results then the media will quieten down but as long we keep losing to big teams and drawing with mediocre ones theyre not gonna change their mind.

Totally agree with that. What we used to do in the past!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #25: Dec 16, 2009 12:55:58 am
      The mediia antagonism against Liverpool stems back to the 1960's when we were the musical capital of the world.Following that, we became the Football Capital of the world in the 70's and 80's.So that's why the pressure is on us now to live up to that level.We are the same people,with the same passion, but our club needs to compete on an even financial playing field.That is what we don't have.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Tired of it ALL
      Reply #26: Dec 21, 2009 12:55:28 pm
      Where do i start from?

Is it the annoying "Martin O'Neil should take over from Rafa Benitez" nonsense OR the big newspapers publishing articles about "Liverpool should sell Steven Gerrard - As the club can not be able to cater for the needs of such a brilliant player" Then there is the talk about Man City wanting torres and torres wanting OUT as the need has arisen for the lad to revisit his career options!

Crown jewel Gerrard should be pawned to help rebuild kingdom

Liverpool should take chance to cash in on Steven Gerrard

Are we that poor? So we've lost 7 games; So we've won only 4 in 12 outings, so we're 13 points from the bottom and 14 points from the top! So we're out of the Champion League and will miss out on the Money-rain that comes with it. ALSO "Liverpool are a 2-man team" Annoying

BUT is that reason enough for people to think the likes of Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres should leave the club? We have under achieved this season, but we're are not folding up.

The players need to start using their heads!

The transfer window is in a week's time. What better time to try to kick a club when it's grappling with some issues!

Then there is that one about Rafa having lost the dressing room! DAMN!

I don't even want to read newspapers anymore.

sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Re: Tired of it ALL
      Reply #27: Dec 21, 2009 12:59:24 pm
      they are just trying to wind up us..

u know this freakin bs british media... they want a british coach here and they want gerrard to do well..
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #28: Dec 21, 2009 01:30:15 pm
      Agger: We'll fight to find form
      21st Dec 2009
      Daniel Agger admits Liverpool are 'extremely disappointed' with their recent form - but the defender has vowed the Reds will fight to reignite their season.

Related Links
       Rafa Benitez's side suffered their seventh Barclays Premier League loss of the campaign as they were beaten 2-0 by Portsmouth at Fratton Park on Saturday.

Agger acknowledges Liverpool must turn their form around - starting against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Anfield on Boxing Day.

"I think we started pretty well," said the centre-back. "We played the ball around and kept it well; it was just so disappointing.

"It goes without saying that we are extremely disappointed and we know that it simply isn't good enough for this club.

"We have got to change this around. It didn't happen against Portsmouth but we can't let it go on any further. We have got to try and find a balance.

"Why is this happening? It's a bit of everything I suppose but we have got to try and get some confidence from somewhere soon.

"You get that by winning games but, for one reason or another, we are not doing that at the moment.

"It's a fight every game for this club. Every game we need to focus and need to make sure we get three points (against Wolves) or try to do it at the very least."

He added: "It's always a question of sticking together and we need to do that now more than ever."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/agger-we-ll-fight-to-find-form
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #29: Dec 22, 2009 08:32:46 am
      It makes me sick when I see this sh*t in the media (probably why I rarely buy papars at all these days) to think these people don't just write it and it goes away, oh no it's Liverpool and everyone likes to get on the band wagon when we are given bad press. 

F**k em, we can do our talking on the pitch and show em that we aint got any problems on or off it!

well we did do our talking on the pitch last season and the utter gobshites barely noticed us..

they hate rafa and we all have to live with that..

only trophies will shut them up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Dec 22, 2009 11:00:16 am
      We all stand together. :)

Rupert and the frog song FULL

Quick Reply