Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Cisse's contract...

Read 3403 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Cisse's contract...
      May 15, 2007 06:08:12 pm
      Ok, it is the 15th of May today...

Doesn't his contract have to be concluded by today?!?

Or is it old age catching up to me? ;)
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2007 07:45:18 pm by JD »
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Cissé's contract...
      Reply #1: May 15, 2007 06:41:28 pm
      I did hear it was to be sorted before today as well.
      magic5
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Re: Cissé's contract...
      Reply #2: May 15, 2007 07:17:53 pm
      yer it was today it ends it said on sky sports news about him and also mentioned that he scored 2
       in the french cup final but marseille they lost 3-2 though.
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2007 07:31:58 pm by magic5 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Re: Cisse's contract...
      Reply #3: May 15, 2007 07:45:58 pm
      That's right.  His contract ends with Marseille today - so he should be returning to Anfield.
      Cy
      Reply #4: May 15, 2007 10:26:01 pm
      yer it was today it ends it said on sky sports news about him and also mentioned that he scored 2
       in the french cup final but marseille they lost 3-2 though.
      Marseilles actually lost on penalties mate..(5-4) 2 goals of Cisse yes, Le Tallec equalised for Sochaux in the end of the second half extra time with a brilliant header....then penalties,  Sochaux won it by 5 penalties to 4.. results here
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2007 10:27:21 pm by Cy »
      LFC Gary
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #5: May 16, 2007 03:11:54 pm
      If we're gonna keep Bellamy then I'd rather see Cisse back here instead. Wouldn't really wanna keep either of them though
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: May 16, 2007 04:36:36 pm
      Still no word from Liverpool.

What could be going on?

We should know what he is doing by now!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #7: May 16, 2007 04:41:52 pm
      perhaps there working on a permanent transfer?? :)

hope so anyway ;)
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #8: May 16, 2007 05:16:50 pm
      get cisse out for as low as 5mill and bellamy for as low as 8 mill  thats 13 mill we can put to good use........ hate them both and they are not real lfc players
      Cy
      Reply #9: May 16, 2007 06:24:03 pm
      get cisse out for as low as 5mill and bellamy for as low as 8 mill  thats 13 mill we can put to good use........ hate them both and they are not real lfc players
      Off course they are real Liverpool players, they are contracted by Liverpool, we also will have more funds then we ever had before so the money won't be a problem. As for " I hate them" that dosen't justified to sell them, can you elaborate a bit here?" I hate them"..sorry but not good enough!!
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2007 06:24:46 pm by Cy »
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #10: May 16, 2007 07:52:59 pm
      I must admit to wondering whats going to happen with cisse, as i would like to see him get a run of games up front, he seemed to me to lack composure at times and just tw*t it at goal.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,283 posts | 4938 
      Reply #11: May 16, 2007 10:41:47 pm

Sorry to go off topic for a second but I'm getting a bit sick of reading posts from so-called fans hating our players. As a LFC fan you should be giving all the players your support while they are at the club even if you don't believe they are good enough. Of course you should have an opinion on the players but just to state that you hate them is childish and not a good enough reason for getting rid of any player. If you had stated reasons why we should sell the two players you mentioned you would get more respect and it would create a better debate!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #12: May 16, 2007 11:47:43 pm
      From Goal...

Currently at French rollercoaster riders Olympique Marseille, Liverpool-loaned number 9 Djibril Cissé has been linked with a return to the EPL and the north of England, but this time a little to the west of Anfield…

Pundits have said that scribbling the strikers name at the top of a wish list fro next season was one of Stuart Pearce's last acts before he was metaphorically stabbed in the City senate by John 'Et Tu Brutus?' Wardle.

Pearce was conspicuously absent for what would be one of his last training sessions with The Blues as he flew to Paris for Saturday's Coupe de France (France Cup) Final between Marseille and Sochaux.

It was far from a wasted trip as Cissé bagged a brace although his side went down against the Peugeot club, lengthening the troubling trophy drought that has lasted ever since 1993.  On a personal note, however, the centre-forward is coming back to his old, ace form.

With a scoring rate that is close to 0.6 per game, Cissé takes pride of place on the list which the now-departed Pearce passed on to City CEO Alistair Mackintosh.  With both Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy at Liverpool – and Fernando Torres on the horizon – Rafa Benitez is unlikely to shed many tears if he goes.

The player is well aware of this.  "I'd love to be playing back for Liverpool, but four other Premiership clubs have inquired about me," he explained, showing his loyalty but also underlining that he’s hardly going to slit his wrists if The Reds don’t want him.

City are expected to refurbish their squad after ripping out old fixtures Trevor Sinclair, Stevie Jordan, DaMarcus Beasley, Hatem Trabelsi and Djamal Abdoun as well as rug rats Nathan D'Laryea, Laurence Matthewson and Ashley Williams.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #13: May 17, 2007 03:45:58 pm
      From Sky Sports News

Marseille are reportedly looking into the possibility of keeping Djibril Cisse on loan for a further year.

Despite many critics and some difficult periods during his time at the Stade Velodrome, the French striker has scored 14 goals this season.

Marseille have the option to buy Cisse from Liverpool for €12million (£8.2million), but are unwilling to pay such a fee.

A reduced price of €7million (£4.8million) is a possibility, but an extension of his loan deal is the most likely option.

Marseille chairman Pape Diouf is waiting to begin talks with Liverpool and aims to have Cisse's future sorted soon.

"Liverpool are preparing for the UEFA Champions League final, and we are in the final run of Ligue 1," Diouf told L'Equipe.

"We all want to start talks after those key periods. We want to know more about next season, which could affect our future choices."

Meanwhile, Diouf has played down suggestions that Albert Emon could be on his way out of Marseille if the club misses out on Champions League qualification.

Last weekend's penalty shoot-out defeat to Sochaux in the French Cup final has tarnished Emon's campaign.

Reports in France claim Toulouse coach Elie Baup is being targeted as his replacement, but Diouf has denied Emon will depart.

"Albert Emon keeps all my trust," said Diouf.

"Today, nothing can make me think Emon should be replaced, but I don't know what will come in the coming weeks and months."
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #14: May 17, 2007 05:11:25 pm
      As reported on the site a few weeks back it seems Liverpool are prepared to do business at £7 million which is in between the two figures you quote.

Either way, his loan period has 'technically' finished. So why is he still there?

I don't think another year's loan is acceptable.  They either want him or they don't.

We shouldn't be ripped off by these clubs.  If they can't pay the necessary price then bring him back and they will have to go out and spend money elsewhere. We need to stop pimping out these players with decent transfer values.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: May 17, 2007 05:36:57 pm
      Cisse will score more goals than bellamy will, i wuld like to see him staying just 1 more season to see if he has improved, but i think he will go somewere else.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #16: May 20, 2007 07:40:07 am
      Don't like the man, but there is on thing about Cisse he does know how to score goals, and he did score another great goal yesterday.
      Would raffa take him back, i don't know, he could be a good player to have around.
      3 months ago i would have said get as much as you can for him, now I'm not sure.
      What do you think?.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #17: May 20, 2007 10:23:43 am
      Sorry to go off topic for a second but I'm getting a bit sick of reading posts from so-called fans hating our players. As a LFC fan you should be giving all the players your support while they are at the club even if you don't believe they are good enough. Of course you should have an opinion on the players but just to state that you hate them is childish and not a good enough reason for getting rid of any player. If you had stated reasons why we should sell the two players you mentioned you would get more respect and it would create a better debate!!

Absolutely. I can honestly say in all the time I've supported Liverpool I've only ever hated one player, El Hadji Diouf. Unless a player stoops to his levels, spitting at people etc, there is no need to hate them just for not being good enough.
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #18: May 21, 2007 02:11:13 pm
      Cisse has had a great season at Marseille.  15 goals in 28 games and recovered from a broken leg.  Also helped the team qualify for the Champions League! the player wants to stay and Marseille want too keep him.  both clubs just need too agree a fee.  Problem liverpool have is that Djib has 12 months left on his contract so if Rafa doesnt sell now he will be on a free next year.  also Rafa doesnt like Cisse so he wants too get rid ASAP.  Marseille know that he is not wanted by Liverpool so it is good for them.

Obviously Liverpool can try and sell Cisse too other clubs but I don't think it will work as Djib wants too stay at Marseille and play CL football.

Cisse is still there as ligue 1 has not finished yet.  Last game is this weekend vs Sedan.

oh and his goal on saturday was a sweet strike!!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007 02:14:36 pm by kawada »
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #19: May 21, 2007 04:19:04 pm
      I doubt we will hear anything until after tha final as Liverpool said they will not be talking about any contract until afer the final. But i think they are looking to offload him to some one else as Marseille wont pay our asking price
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #20: May 21, 2007 05:07:27 pm
      Love to see Cisse given another go at Anfield......if he could only learn a little composure he would let us down so often. What a waste if he ends up back in the abyss of french football.....unless you play for Lyon you are just getting a paycheck.....give him one more go Rafa!!
      kawada
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #21: May 21, 2007 05:22:02 pm
      dunno about that.  Marseille are the biggest team in france!  I think if they keep Cisse and keep Ribery I think they will be alot closer too Lyon next season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #22: Jun 03, 2007 12:27:36 pm
      Looks like they want to keep him now....

Marseille have spoken in their strongest terms yet at keeping hold of Djibril Cisse whom they had on loan last year, even though the player has become something of a scapegoat for continued failure by the Marseille fans. Their eccentric Chariman Papa Diouf said:

“The meeting with the Liverpool officials should happen later next week.”

“I have good hope because Djibril has showed very clearly his desire to go on with us.

“So there are already two parties willing, ours and Cisse’s.

“Now we have to convince Liverpool. We are keen to go far in the talks to settle that case.”

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/06/03/reds-in-talks-over-cisse-but-no-approach-yet-for-malouda/
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #23: Jun 03, 2007 01:07:07 pm
      This really needs to be sorted out one way or the other, le tallec as well
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: Jun 03, 2007 01:09:58 pm
      Looks like they want to keep him now....

Marseille have spoken in their strongest terms yet at keeping hold of Djibril Cisse whom they had on loan last year, even though the player has become something of a scapegoat for continued failure by the Marseille fans. Their eccentric Chariman Papa Diouf said:

“The meeting with the Liverpool officials should happen later next week.”

“I have good hope because Djibril has showed very clearly his desire to go on with us.

“So there are already two parties willing, ours and Cisse’s.

“Now we have to convince Liverpool. We are keen to go far in the talks to settle that case.”

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/06/03/reds-in-talks-over-cisse-but-no-approach-yet-for-malouda/

I think we'd probably be better off financially selling him than using him in a swap.

One of the figures quoted for Simao was £8m plus Cisse. Considering Benfica were willing to sell him for £13m before, this values Cisse at £5m. The option Marseille have is £8m I believe, which seems a much better option.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Jun 03, 2007 04:17:26 pm
      If the story about officials going to sort out Cisse's prolongued stay in Framce and the £17m signing of Malouda are true, I would like to see both of these occurences come to reality. I don't think Cisse could improve the squad by coming back here, and a good quality winger is exactly what we're lacking!

Quick Reply