Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool players bring glad tidings to youngsters at Alder Hey hospital

Read 7658 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Dec 23, 2009 10:43:49 am

Dec 23 2009 by Ben Schofield, Liverpool Daily Post

LIVERPOOL FC stars took time out from training for their Boxing Day clash with Wolves to visit poorly children in Alder Hey yesterday.

Diego Cavalieri, Fernando Torres and Jamie Carragher helped spread festive cheer to youngsters who face spending Christmas in hospital.

They handed out gifts of toys and books and signed autographs for their young fans.

Carragher, Albert Riera and Alberto Aquilani visited new mum and dad Gareth Walsh and Seren Jade Harewood, whose three-week old baby, Angel Walsh, was born premature and weighed in at just 5lb.

Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Emiliano Insua, Philipp Degen, Peter Gulacsi, Ryan Babel and Nabil El Zhar also toured the wards.

Evertonā€™s mascots visited Alder Hey on December 10.

Tiger and Chang the elephant celebrated two years of partnership between the hospital and the Everton Foundation.

The joint birthday and childrenā€™s Christmas party included cake and a childrenā€™s entertainer.

Best wishes to all those youngsters and their families.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2009 10:51:14 am by RedLFCBlood »
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Re: Liverpool players bring glad tidings to youngsters at Alder Hey hospital
      Reply #1: Dec 23, 2009 10:54:05 am
      Fair play , "Legends" with everything thats going on internally they can still show a smile for the needed ......Well done lads
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/12/23/liverpool-fc-stars-bring-smiles-to-alder-hey-faces-100252-25454051/
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Dec 23, 2009 10:55:44 am
      Good stuff lads!
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #3: Dec 23, 2009 10:57:30 am
      Well done fellas!
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #4: Dec 23, 2009 10:58:37 am
      I'm glad they did this...well done lads :)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #5: Dec 23, 2009 11:01:05 am
      Well done Liverpool FC, that's nice to see.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Dec 23, 2009 11:02:53 am
      Really nice to see that is, looks like it's pretty much the whole squad too.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #7: Dec 23, 2009 11:07:52 am
      Excellent stuff from the lads. Really nice to see. :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Dec 23, 2009 11:22:39 am
      As I said best wishes to the families of the youngsters and I hope they all make significant recoveries in their illnesses, dare I say it puts football into perspective ?

Heres hoping the fight & determination some of these kids show to survive, will inspire the lads to find their own inner strength to show the fight & determination that has been missing in many inept performances this season.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #9: Dec 23, 2009 01:15:38 pm
      Well in Sammy Lee.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Dec 23, 2009 01:19:00 pm
      As I said best wishes to the families of the youngsters and I hope they all make significant recoveries in their illnesses, dare I say it puts football into perspective ?

Heres hoping the fight & determination some of these kids show to survive, will inspire the lads to find their own inner strength to show the fight & determination that has been missing in many inept performances this season.

Well done i didnt know how to put what i was thinking into words .You have just done it ,Brilliant post mate!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Dec 23, 2009 01:21:50 pm
      Great stuff.

Though what is Sammy Lee and Aquilani wearing? :laugh:
      Also, never knew Babel could smile.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #12: Dec 23, 2009 01:27:24 pm
      Excellent, glad they can still do this and keep a smile after all the happenings on and off the pitch.

Have to laugh at Aquilani's jacket though! 70's are gone mate.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #13: Dec 23, 2009 01:30:13 pm
      Fairplay, nice gesture by the lads. They look happy to do it too, Weird seeing the whole squad in their normal clothes though.

As it's been said above, what strange piece of Italian fashion is Alberto sporting?
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #14: Dec 23, 2009 01:56:43 pm
      Really puts things into perspective....well in lads
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Dec 23, 2009 02:07:57 pm
      Ya fair play, Sammy Lee is dressed like a lad off X-Factor :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Dec 23, 2009 02:13:29 pm
      Well Done Gentlemen.

Thats what its all about.

YNWA
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #17: Dec 23, 2009 02:28:38 pm
      Well done lads, truly humbling.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #18: Dec 23, 2009 03:19:08 pm
      The hack of the shirt Sammy Lee is wearing!

Well done to all the boys, its important that they remember that their obligations as Liverpool players extend off the pitch also.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #19: Dec 23, 2009 03:23:31 pm
      Look at Riera's head!!!!

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #20: Dec 23, 2009 03:41:31 pm
      Well done lads.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2009 04:17:50 pm
      ^^^ What he said.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Dec 23, 2009 04:34:14 pm
      Glad to see the boys taking the time out to lift the kids spirits.
      Agreed with some of the others on here. Really puts things into perspective.

Who knows maybe babel will finally stop sulking now that hes found his smile.
      Happy christmas.
      Roll on stephens' day. Or boxing day to most of you lot
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #23: Dec 23, 2009 04:46:14 pm
      Fantastic! It's always good to see those who can bring happiness actually doing it! Looks like everyone was up for the trip to Gow's, too. Nice to see the smiles on everyone's face, patient and squad. Good showing, guys.

Who knows maybe babel will finally stop sulking now that hes found his smile.

That would be a welcome change.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Dec 23, 2009 04:55:50 pm
      Top stuff. Best wishes to all the poorly kids and their families. Hope it lifted their spirits.

There's always one miserable git though isn't there. Cheer up Dossena:

Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #25: Dec 23, 2009 05:04:33 pm

I was going to point that out, too, but figured I'd be kind for the holidays!   :laugh:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #26: Dec 23, 2009 05:11:55 pm
      I heard the kids from Alder Hey were coming to Anfield to cheer up the Liverpool players  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2009 06:02:56 pm by tezmac »
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #27: Dec 23, 2009 05:15:25 pm
      A lot of clubs do this sort of thing around Christmas, and it's great to see our lads get involved too.

I hope Sammy raised a considerable amount of money for the charity of his choice by wearing that clobber....shocking!!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #28: Dec 23, 2009 05:27:11 pm
      Lovely gesture from the lads and of course Rafa and Sammy, great to see.

Sammy Lee looks quite dashing I gotta say and Alberto Aquilani...that is a shocking blue coat. :D

I see Torres is too afraid of messing his hair by not wearing his santa hat.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Dec 23, 2009 05:38:40 pm

Albert Riera

Green Goblin

ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #30: Dec 23, 2009 05:39:59 pm

As well as that every one else is either standing or on their hunkers, the lazy f**ker is sitting down!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #31: Dec 23, 2009 06:26:37 pm
      Thats what its about. We can debate and argue about this team and hope for championships and cups, but its just a game. Thats it.

These poor kids are still in those beds and those guys coming to that Hospital just made a HUGE difference to those children. The time spent their may of been an hour, but thats something those kids will remember for the rest of their lives.  So for every LFC player who took the time and cared enough to do that I say "Good Job".
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #32: Dec 23, 2009 06:32:15 pm
      As well as that every one else is either standing or on their hunkers, the lazy f**ker is sitting down!
      Sammy Lee isn't too tall mate he may appear to be sitting but that's an illusion.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #33: Dec 23, 2009 06:48:42 pm
      I know that this is a PR exercise but still, i know how great it must have felt for the youngsters to wake up and see their heroes, such as Nando and Stevie G, at their bedside. Put it this way, i was in hospital for 6 weeks over the summer and if Nando and the lads had turned up in my ward, i would have been doing cartwheels in my bed :) well done lads and Happy Christmas to all those in the hospital.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #34: Dec 23, 2009 07:00:43 pm

Has Spearing got this as his Facebook picture yet?

Best wishes to all of the kids and their families at Alder Hey. Hope you all get better soon and have a brilliant Christmas.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #35: Dec 23, 2009 07:54:55 pm
      Stop everybody about Aquilani's jacket... Its the new fasion! I have it so don't get me wrong but its the new fasion
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #36: Dec 23, 2009 08:02:26 pm

Who had the great idea of putting Yossi at the back, it's like a Where's Wally picture!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #37: Dec 23, 2009 08:05:45 pm
      Well done lads.

Hope the kids enjoyed it as well as having a boss Crimbo. And more importantly, I hope they get better soon.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #38: Dec 23, 2009 08:07:08 pm

"Hi, Sammy Lee here, did you know my legs measure exactly 23 cm?".
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #39: Dec 23, 2009 08:10:05 pm

Is it just me or does Riera look a little uncomfortable with where Aquilani's hand is?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #40: Dec 23, 2009 08:16:32 pm
      Well done lads.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #41: Dec 23, 2009 08:46:15 pm
      Who had the great idea of putting Yossi at the back, it's like a Where's Wally picture!

Ha! Thought the same about Where's Wally when I seen it too.

Is it just me or does Riera look a little uncomfortable with where Aquilani's hand is?

He could have changed those jeans after he'd done some painting and decorating though couldn't he, the scruffy c**t.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Dec 23, 2009 09:03:19 pm

The look on that bairns face, "Dunno what your on about Stevie, I support Everton"
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #43: Dec 23, 2009 11:46:11 pm
      Alberto's got a bed in there.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #44: Dec 24, 2009 01:16:11 am
      Probably were visiting Aquilani ;D

Nice one, Liverpool.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #45: Dec 24, 2009 06:54:21 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #46: Dec 24, 2009 06:54:37 am
      It has been said but what the F**k is Aquilani wearing?! And Riera in a santa hat looks scary.

Well played LFC and Everton!
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #47: Dec 24, 2009 07:19:42 am
      this is class. puts our current troubles into perspective. love Pepe in that pic and Spearing looks like a Christmas elf. Pity they all didn't wear hats, Nando may have been worried about his hair.

I bet the lil fella in the pic with Stevie was like' would you head off so I can finish me Kinder egg and Capri Sun'. Must have been a great boost for the kids, wonder if any of them had a word in the lads ears and told them to pick it up.

is black the colour of the season or something??
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #48: Dec 24, 2009 07:58:57 am
      Well in boys!!  Put a smile on my face too.  Great Job!!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #49: Dec 24, 2009 10:49:14 am
      I know what's wrong with Dossena. The Imagine Appeal office is directly opposite the staff 'restaurant' on the main corridor. He must have had his 'dinner' in there.

To all the patients and families at Alder Hey - I hope you have a good Christmas and good news with regards to the health of your children.

To the doctors and nurses and all the people that actually do good things in there - I salute you. Merry Christmas and keep up the hard work. You really make a difference to those children and their families lives. The Liverpool Echo or Post or whatever should have pictures of them, not some poncy overpaid footballers who don't really give a sh*t as long as they have their designer clothes on.

Quick Reply