Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Best Christmas Present

Read 2750 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Best Christmas Present
      Dec 22, 2009 06:31:47 pm
      There is a thread about best christmas presents of the 80's, I just thought people could tell share what their favourite christmas present is to date, personally mine is my laptop  :laugh:.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Best Christmas Present
      Reply #1: Dec 22, 2009 06:35:58 pm
      I was pretty stoked when i got my Playstation 2 back at the end of '02. And my Tennis Racket in '06 was fantastic too, real nice one. And the girl got me a Torres away shirt last year so that was nice.. I'll have to have a think back to my early years and get back to ya on that!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Dec 22, 2009 08:38:29 pm
      For me my best Christmas present isn't really a present as such and didn't get it on Christmas day either. Mine is that my dad is still here after his heart attack in the summer because had the paramedics not revived him this would have been the first without him and I'd have swapped every single Christmas present i have ever gotten just to have him back. (if this counts, if not then I will have to get thinking :laugh:)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #3: Dec 22, 2009 08:56:38 pm
      For me my best Christmas present isn't really a present as such and didn't get it on Christmas day either. Mine is that my dad is still here after his heart attack in the summer because had the paramedics not revived him this would have been the first without him and I'd have swapped every single Christmas present I have ever gotten just to have him back. (if this counts, if not then I will have to get thinking :laugh:)
      I know exactly how you feel mate, Merry Christmas to you and your family.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Dec 22, 2009 09:28:06 pm
      I dunno but I'd be pretty made up if the missus will get me a pair of these bad boys.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5: Dec 22, 2009 09:37:09 pm
      For me my best Christmas present isn't really a present as such and didn't get it on Christmas day either. Mine is that my dad is still here after his heart attack in the summer because had the paramedics not revived him this would have been the first without him and I'd have swapped every single Christmas present I have ever gotten just to have him back. (if this counts, if not then I will have to get thinking :laugh:)

Of course it counts, hope you and your family have a great christmas !
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #6: Dec 22, 2009 09:39:32 pm

It would be hard for you to beat any crimbo after this one mate, nothing like a wake up call to realise how valuable the stuff you already have is to you.

Merry crimbo to you and your family.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Dec 22, 2009 09:48:50 pm
      The best Christmas present(s) I can remember was getting a load of wrestling figures when I was younger. Also got a ring and an entrance thing that played the wrestlers entrance music.

Me and my cousin would just sit there and play with them for hours/days on end. And it would be brilliant. Makes me smile when I think about it.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #8: Dec 22, 2009 09:59:09 pm
      I remember when I was about 7/8 and wanted a new bike (Raleigh Max.) for crimbo but my Mum kept saying that she couldn't afford it and I was devastated. Got up Crimbo morning, opened all of my presents and never enjoyed it because they never turned out to be a bike. I turned to my Mum and said "Mum are we Tramps like the Towers sisters at school?" My Mum couldn't keep it up any longer, popped into the hall and wheeled in my Raleigh Max which to me was like being given £100,000,000. I will never forget the look on my Families face when I realised I got my bike.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #9: Dec 22, 2009 10:10:19 pm
      For me my best Christmas present isn't really a present as such and didn't get it on Christmas day either. Mine is that my dad is still here after his heart attack in the summer because had the paramedics not revived him this would have been the first without him and I'd have swapped every single Christmas present i have ever gotten just to have him back. (if this counts, if not then I will have to get thinking :laugh:)

I'm glad your dad is OK. I hope you and your family have a great christmas this year. :)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10: Dec 22, 2009 10:14:26 pm

Thants fantastic mate, hope you and your family have a great Christmas.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #11: Dec 22, 2009 10:19:00 pm
      I'd like a new house, a new job, and a new car.

And boy, have I been good this year? For the last two years in fact.

So, erm, can I have a winning lottery ticket aswell?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Dec 22, 2009 10:22:10 pm
      I'd like a new house, a new job, and a new car.

And boy, have I been good this year? For the last two years in fact.

So, erm, can I have a winning lottery ticket aswell?

Good in what way?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #13: Dec 22, 2009 10:25:33 pm

For all us materialist whoppers, thats a really good touching post.

Hope you a cracking Christmas!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Dec 22, 2009 10:29:27 pm

Just good. That's all.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Dec 22, 2009 10:52:03 pm
      7KK7....Life is so much more precious than any present.

I hope you enjoy this Christmas with your Dad and you have many more.

When he's good, he's very very good, but when he's bad, he's wicked  :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #16: Dec 22, 2009 10:54:49 pm
      Probably a Commodore Amiga 500+ that I got when I was about 12.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #17: Dec 22, 2009 11:21:54 pm

I remember getting an Amiga 600 (think it was for my birthday though) with Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker. It was so so hard, but I loved it. And the flies, and the balls pulling tongues at you. And that noise it made when you chalked your cue. Shoe-perb.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Dec 22, 2009 11:27:23 pm
      Reading all this makes me realise how young I I'm amongst old gits.  ;)
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #19: Dec 23, 2009 07:56:50 am
      I dunno but I'd be pretty made up if the missus will get me a pair of these bad boys.

My firend at school has those !

Minewill be our trip to Thailand , we are going on 25th early moring and my parents are getting me a new phone there . But my fave presents
      are the jewelery pieces (made of real gold and white gold and diamonds )  that my relives spoilt me with on my 16th birthday !
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #20: Dec 23, 2009 08:41:43 am

Amiga was wicked, I has to spend two entire months convincing my sister to get this as a joint present because it was so expensive.

Lucky the games were so easy to copy, there were millions of brilliant ones.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2009 09:48:53 am

Of course it counts mate.

Glad all is well with you and yours fella. Hope you's all have a boss Christmas. 
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #22: Dec 23, 2009 11:29:04 pm

Feliz Navidad my friend for you and all your family mate!!

Quick Reply