Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Aston Villa v Liverpool Man Of The Match?

Fernando Torres
      (20.6%)
      Emiliano Insua
      (4.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      (68.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (6.3%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (0%)

Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool: Post Match finish off the Christmas sherry

Read 29782 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool: Post Match finish off the Christmas sherry
      Reply #184: Dec 30, 2009 05:08:09 am
      Awesome match. Pretty ugly to watch, but the players are starting to show the right signs that they aren't going to give up and that's what made the difference tonight.

Reina was by far the man of the match, but credit to Torres for burying that chance at the death, world class. Thought he'd stuck it wide for a split second, but should have known better.

After the match I was buzzing, and I was thinking about the atmosphere in the changing rooms, I reckon that winning such an important game at the end could do wonders for the players confidence. The result could prove more important than three points, maybe I'm wrong but it felt bigger than that.

As for that pr**k Andy Burton, he's an absolute slimy gobs***e and I still laugh my head off thinking about the beaut with his 2 or 3 mobile phones on the desk on deadline day trying to tell us he's got loads of inside information.

And I'm convinced now sky (reporters, presenters and commentators) have all it got it in for Rafa, they won't be happy till he's out the door. Some of the sh*te Richard Key's comes out with is unbelievable at times.

Just watched Rafa's post match interview, reported on the Sky website as being almost another 'Rafa rant', and they also claim he was angrily justifying his comments about us finishing fourth.

What a crock of sh*t, he explains clearly that he as the manager has to be the first person at the club to believe in the team and players, no hint of a rant.

They hate Rafa 'for sure', and his ever growing dislike for the British press in general seems to show through more and more. What I love about him is the way he doesn't let them put words into his mouth oy say what they want to hear, he just says it how it is.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2009 07:26:57 am by ayrton77 »
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #185: Dec 30, 2009 07:35:34 am
      Sky Sports are a f**king joke with the way they speak to Rafa.

So disrespectful IMO

They wouldn't dare taunt and talk poorly about Wenger or Ferguson.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #186: Dec 30, 2009 07:38:02 am
      spent the evening chasing streams and was about to stop in inury time, kept going and managed to catch the goal. hard to judge the game but i think we look much better, confidence seems to be coming back and we look more solid. Plenty of room for improvement though. Moment of the night for me was hearing the travelling support in full voice sing YNWA after the final whistle: brought tears to my eyes. Twas an awful night weatherwise but they braved it all and were rewarded by Nando.

On the subject of the media and Rafa, it amazes me (but then again not really) that Whisky Nose has not named the same 11 in nearly 100 games and yet do we hear about it?
      (there is mention of it in one of the papers today though)
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #187: Dec 30, 2009 08:10:40 am

There you have it. Stats suggest we dominated almost everywhere. Right from possession to where it matters most- goals.  :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #188: Dec 30, 2009 08:20:21 am
      two on the bounce am made up tonite....first time ive seen kuyt looking tired and babbel looked like he came on to be put in the shop window.
      The question is which shop window will Babel be in,Marks and Spencers maybe.He did come on  but he did not contribute much did he.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #189: Dec 30, 2009 09:15:12 am
      This result is as big as when we beat United but will be nothing if we can't get something against Spurs.

Come on the lads, the result was huge, but the next one is bigger. Can't wait to take my seat for this one!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #190: Dec 30, 2009 09:17:49 am

Just watched Rafa's post match interview, reported on the Sky website as being almost another 'Rafa rant', and they also claim he was angrily justifying his comments about us finishing fourth.

What a crock of sh*t, he explains clearly that he as the manager has to be the first person at the club to believe in the team and players, no hint of a rant.

They hate Rafa 'for sure', and his ever growing dislike for the British press in general seems to show through more and more. What I love about him is the way he doesn't let them put words into his mouth oy say what they want to hear, he just says it how it is.

Richard "Monkey Man" Keys and Andy "so far up Chelsea & Man U's arseholes" Gray are a F***ing disgrace. I absolutely hate the pair of them.

Gray when Dunne clattered into Lucas described it as clumsy, a touch unlucky and some other dross. Carra touched Carew near the box and the slimy w**ker says its a foul, its a foul about 5 F***ing times.

These pair of clowns really F**k me off. After the match Redknapp says it was a terrible game, Villa never played well - was that down to us having loads of posession no of course not....c**t.

Chelsea win by an own goal and its a sign of a team that never gives up, we win by a great finish and we are VERY lucky.

Sky and most not all of their commentary team can do one....bunch of biased cu*ts.

As my mate described it when I texted him saying how much I hate Andy Gray during the game said "He is there for people that dont know anything about football"

I think that sums it up perfectly.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #191: Dec 30, 2009 09:30:45 am
      Still over the moon. An excellent win, no matter how anyone looks at it. It was, unfortunately, a six pointer and we won.

Some brilliant comments about the media's treatment of Rafa. They're never going to change. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

"They said our days are numbered, we're not famous any more. Scousers Euler the country like we've always done before."

jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #192: Dec 30, 2009 09:41:16 am
      Richard "Monkey Man" Keys and Andy "so far up Chelsea & Man U's arseholes" Gray are a f**king disgrace. I absolutely hate the pair of them.

Gray when Dunne clattered into Lucas described it as clumsy, a touch unlucky and some other dross. Carra touched Carew near the box and the slimy w**ker says its a foul, its a foul about 5 f**king times.

These pair of clowns really f**k me off. After the match Redknapp says it was a terrible game, Villa never played well - was that down to us having loads of posession no of course not....c**t.

Chelsea win by an own goal and its a sign of a team that never gives up, we win by a great finish and we are VERY lucky.

Sky and most not all of their commentary team can do one....bunch of biased cu*ts.

As my mate described it when I texted him saying how much I hate Andy Gray during the game said "He is there for people that dont know anything about football"

I think that sums it up perfectly.

Agree totally. But you can add Martin Tyler to that list. SKY +'d the game and watched it this morning. Everytime Alan Parry said something, Gray would put a negative slant on it.

The Dunne into Lucas foul was clear, it wasn't clumsy. he was clattered. Yet when Lucas did the same a little later, can't remember who to, it was a 'blatant obstruction'.

Football has changed oin so many ways, perhaps it's time for SKY to do the same with it's panel of sh*te.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #193: Dec 30, 2009 09:47:46 am
      So disrespectful IMO

They wouldn't dare taunt and talk poorly about Wenger or Ferguson.
      SKY own football and they think they can treat people the way they want to and they do just that. You are right though, can you imagine Ferguson or Wenger being questioned the way Rafa is.

jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #194: Dec 30, 2009 09:56:42 am
      Awesome match. Pretty ugly to watch, but the players are starting to show the right signs that they aren't going to give up and that's what made the difference tonight.

Reina was by far the man of the match, but credit to Torres for burying that chance at the death, world class. Thought he'd stuck it wide for a split second, but should have known better.

After the match I was buzzing, and I was thinking about the atmosphere in the changing rooms, I reckon that winning such an important game at the end could do wonders for the players confidence. The result could prove more important than three points, maybe I'm wrong but it felt bigger than that.

There have been a few 'turnarounds' but I do hope that this is 'THE' turnaround. Not just because I would love to see Rafa make this work but also to see the tw*ts from SKY suck up to him when things started to shine again.

Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #195: Dec 30, 2009 10:00:26 am
      All of the Sky commentators want to put a negative slant on everything we do, that's it. I don't care, as long as we keep proving them wrong and winning.

Who gives a F**k what Andy Gray says? Everybody with rational judgement can tell he's talking out of his arse, whenever he's not pointing out the blatantly obvious.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #196: Dec 30, 2009 10:01:15 am
      f*** f*** f*** i really can't stand andy gray and his bum chums. i geniunely thought we passed better, kept posession more and looked the more solid team. credit aston villa created a few chances, but reina made oustanding saves to keep us in the match.

sky is an embarassment to football and football commentators in this country. they shouldn't be allowed in the profession.

lucas' tackling in the midfield was very impressive and gerrard looked hungrier (amazing what a goal can do for confidence). carragher was immense, threw himself at everything and we all know about torres' ridicilously precise finish. motm reina can sleep with my wife if he wants to.

bring on the sperms at anfield...f***ing bulldoze 'em.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #197: Dec 30, 2009 10:04:48 am
      Went for Reina,immense again last night.Isnt it great waking up to a win. IRWT.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #198: Dec 30, 2009 10:23:13 am
      It really is an insult that a keeper of Reinas quality is second choice for a national team he would be number one at every other nation such is his quality.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #199: Dec 30, 2009 10:29:36 am
      Just watched highlights finally, easily Reina for MOM. Class.

Gerrard looked a bit more back to his threatening best though.

And Torres. Have my babies.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #200: Dec 30, 2009 10:30:40 am
      I missed all but the last 10 minutes of the game last night (I was at a wake) but what a 10 minutes!

A couple of questions, if you don't mind: How did we line up and did we play with more confidence?
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #201: Dec 30, 2009 10:35:31 am
      I missed all but the last 10 minutes of the game last night (I was at a wake) but what a 10 minutes!

A couple of questions, if you don't mind: How did we line up and did we play with more confidence?

Played with much, much more confidence than in the past few matches.

There was so much passion on display when the lads are defending and battling for the ball. Reina was immense.

linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #202: Dec 30, 2009 10:39:52 am
      That was great! It has been a while since we had such a wonderful ending! LOVE IT

I'd say Gerrard and Insua had a very good game. Johnson and kuyt didn't have the best of games, as for Torres (until he scored the goal of course!!)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #203: Dec 30, 2009 10:44:56 am
      Played with much, much more confidence than in the past few matches.

There was so much passion on display when the lads are defending and battling for the ball. Reina was immense.

Cheers Joe, did we set up as a 4 4 2?
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #204: Dec 30, 2009 10:48:45 am
      Cheers Joe, did we set up as a 4 4 2?

Was the usual 4-2-3-1. Glen-Carra-Agger-Insua, Lucas-Aquilani, Kuyt-Stevie-Yossi, Torres
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #205: Dec 30, 2009 11:05:05 am

Much improved on recent performances mate, the only thing that concerned me was the amount of Possession we had, we were not incisive enough with the ball, over the whole 90 minutes we did not create enough clear cut chances in terms of our possession and had it not been for Warnocks tackle that led to the ball landing at Nando's feet it would have been a draw.

The signs are there though mate maybe its match fitness/form building up and when they peak all the pieces will fall into place, but like I said much improved showing.
      gradual improvement
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #206: Dec 30, 2009 11:07:41 am
      thought we were utter sh*te last night

couldnt string 3 passes together

that said the 3 points were most welcome

Quick Reply